BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Nicko's Thread

Ste B: Can we keep on topic please to make this topic more easily readable in the future. Posting Guidelines, Irrelevant posts will be removed.

Can we try to get back to creating separate topics for discussions. Unless that happens, then the current problems of readability will still continue.

Any unnecessary quotes will be removed. Please edit longer quotes to just the bit you are referring to in your post.

BRFC posts only, talk around current gossip, but any discussions MUST be on relevant threads.

One Liners and/or requests for updates will be removed.

Persistent offending WILL result in action according to posting guidelines.

On Man City bidding for Rocky

Old story...I would say they are about £12 million SHORT of the money needed.

And I haven't heard of any bank robberies anywhere today.

a little news? on the everton line-up tomorrow: http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/15082008/1/s...sit-rovers.html

it says that a lot of players are out, and they will chose from: Howard, Ruddy, Turner, Neville, Jagielka, Lescott, Yobo, Valente, Baines, Osman, Arteta, Rodwell, Gosling, Baxter, Yakubu, Jutkiewicz, Agard, Kissock, Wallace.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Latest news on Annan is that the bid from Racing Santander had a clause that Annan couldn't play UEFA Cup, which of course did, so the bid is no longer valid.

Start states that there are no bids currently for Annan. I guess the bidding war never came, and he's not so attractive when cup-tied. Considering Start's need to sell him and the lack of competition, he might go for a reasonable fee after all.

it says that a lot of players are out, and they will chose from: Howard, Ruddy, Turner, Neville, Jagielka, Lescott, Yobo, Valente, Baines, Osman, Arteta, Rodwell, Gosling, Baxter, Yakubu, Jutkiewicz, Agard, Kissock, Wallace.

Wow, if that's true they're going to struggle. I'm not even sure what sort of team they could get out of that. Maybe...

Howard

Neville Yobo Lescott Valente

Osman Jagielka Gosling Arteta Baines

Yakubu

That seems the only possible line-up really, I haven't even heard of the other players (apart from the sub goalies).

Wow, if that's true they're going to struggle. I'm not even sure what sort of team they could get out of that. Maybe...

Howard

Neville Yobo Lescott Valente

Osman Jagielka Gosling Arteta Baines

Yakubu

That seems the only possible line-up really, I haven't even heard of the other players (apart from the sub goalies).

Rodwell should start, he's miles better than Gosling & Jagielka (in midfield)

Vaughan will play up front in a 442 if he's fit enough

There like a dog with a bone.

The 26-year-old is ready to hand in a transfer request after Rovers turned down Manchester City's £12m bid.

Why do clubs let the rags get away with it (Liable) mind you I don't suppose they have the time to pursue every false statement. If it is false.

It does work both ways I suppose.

Just bloody annoying at the moment.

On a positive note, if it was to be spuds, they will still be dithering around come Feb 09. :P

There like a dog with a bone.

The 26-year-old is ready to hand in a transfer request after Rovers turned down Manchester City's £12m bid.

Why do clubs let the rags get away with it (Liable) mind you I don't suppose they have the time to pursue every false statement. If it is false.

It does work both ways I suppose.

Just bloody annoying at the moment.

On a positive note, if it was to be spuds, they will still be dithering around come Feb 09. :P

I agree it is bloody annoying! Especially all the stick you get at work about your team going down the toilet!

Can't wait till we get some names on board and start ramming this down the journalists throats!

I agree it is bloody annoying! Especially all the stick you get at work about your team going down the toilet!

Can't wait till we get some names on board and start ramming this down the journalists throats!

Not sure about names necessarily, but I'd certainly settle for some points...!

What more can the club do though than issue the denials they have and wheel out the players to do the same? Perhaps Ince has come out too late to stop the rags printing their weekend stories they've spent all week cultivating. ("I'll hold that one back for the People on Sunday..., etc"). Maybe strong club comments could have come out sooner in the week.

Nicko, a bone to pick with the Mirror, by the way. Who are these two muppets with the back page today? "Who will sign Roque Santa Cruz - Man City or Spurs". :angry: Particularly in light of all we've heard about City's lack of finances. Any thoughts?

Hopefully all this gutter journalism is only succeeding in building a bit of a siege mentality down at Ewood.

A couple of those recent Daily Mail articles pinned up in the dressing room tomorrow could help in Incey's pre-match chat.

:brfcsmilie::brfcsmilie:

Nicko, a bone to pick with the Mirror, by the way. Who are these two muppets with the back page today? "Who will sign Roque Santa Cruz - Man City or Spurs". :angry: Particularly in light of all we've heard about City's lack of finances. Any thoughts?

Nicko? Has the Mail 'history' regarding Ince? I rem Powell absolutely savaged him after he was sent off v Sweden.

Nicko, any idea why we weren't interested in Pedro Mendes? £3M seems like an absoloute steal for a player of his quality, especially when the market's so short on quality.

I could't believe my eyes when I saw that he'd gone for just £3 million. He's exactly what we need. Andrews for £2.5m or Mendes for £3? I know which I'd go for!

Nicko? Has the Mail 'history' regarding Ince? I rem Powell absolutely savaged him after he was sent off v Sweden.

I remember writing a scathing e-mail to Ian Ladyman (who wrote the article about the "unrest") when Hughes was here.

The Mail have never been that complimentary to us, but this close season as been ridiculous - the really seem to have the knives out for us.

Couple of things you may want to check on Alan.

Have heard that Rovers have agreed a price with a right winger and that the deal will go ahead on Monday. Now this is a link from the Southern end of England !

Also heard that Rovers ARE taking action against a reporter and his employer who are now "barred" from Ewood until the matter is resolved.

I have no idea as to the identity of the reporter and hope that it aint your good self !

Normally I'd rubbish the Backham talks, given the size of the contract he is on, and the fact that the MLS, which viewed him as the figurehead of the league's promotions would also have to sign off ont eh deal...

however, with LA cocking things up again as usually, tossing out the GM who brought Beckham in AND Guillit deciding he couldn't hack it... There's a slight potential for Beckham to want out.

Still, unless there are huge rumblings, I'd put the chances of a Beckham move at 0.000000000001% or worse.

Archived