BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Fans Forum (2/09/08)

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Behave! I know Martin well and he is not 'backward' as you put it. He is the biggest Rovers fan I know and you insulting him from seeing a picture on the site just shows how petty and silly you truly are. Get a life!

Point being is it's not a great picture to advertise the Fans Forum IMO. Of course he's a fan - hence being the poster boy of the forum, I'd suggest.

I didn't say he was backward, just that he looked so - he could have been born in Burnley and dressed up in a Rovers kit given the grin he's bearing.

Point being is it's not a great picture to advertise the Fans Forum IMO. Of course he's a fan - hence being the poster boy of the forum, I'd suggest.

I didn't say he was backward, just that he looked so - he could have been born in Burnley and dressed up in a Rovers kit given the grin he's bearing.

Looks like a pretty normal fan to me. I dont think the way he looks would make any difference to fans anyway, if they want to get involved they will regardless of the picture. In fact I would be more worried if the club had used some kind of model, football is being taken away form the fans enough as it is!

Looks like a pretty normal fan to me. I dont think the way he looks would make any difference to fans anyway, if they want to get involved they will regardless of the picture. In fact I would be more worried if the club had used some kind of model, football is being taken away form the fans enough as it is!

Fair point, though I wasn't suggesting getting a model in (nor was I commenting on the attractiveness of the lad), but Megan Fox would have been nice :rolleyes: Then again, she'd prob be dim as dishwater thus proving your point about 'real fans'. I don't doubt the lad's a proper fan - which is nice - and he's clearly made up to be involved.

Think if we'd have got some academic politician looking type in, it wouldn't have looked realistic, so it's probably not an issue really. Rather see an effective forum after all, so will look forward to the feedback from it. In the meantime it was a throwaway comment not intended to cause offence.

You still insulted the man and I think you should apologise.

Fair point, though I wasn't suggesting getting a model in (nor was I commenting on the attractiveness of the lad), but Megan Fox would have been nice :rolleyes: Then again, she'd prob be dim as dishwater thus proving your point about 'real fans'. I don't doubt the lad's a proper fan - which is nice - and he's clearly made up to be involved.

Think if we'd have got some academic politician looking type in, it wouldn't have looked realistic, so it's probably not an issue really. Rather see an effective forum after all, so will look forward to the feedback from it. In the meantime it was a throwaway comment not intended to cause offence.

I believe Martin is the fans forum chairman.

You still insulted the man and I think you should apologise.

I believe Martin is the fans forum chairman.

Get over yourself, go back to reading The Guardian and complaining about PC elsewhere. I expressed an opinion, and I'd tell him if I ever saw him. So you're offended by proxy on his behalf? You call yourself crazy - I can see why - is that not equally offensive to mentally challenged people?

To make it simple for you, I will make it a personal quest to hunt him down, go up to him in person and say exactly what I said on here. If we've any issues then, I'm sure we can sort it out between me & him, thus freeing you up to go crusading elsewhere. My bad - I used the word 'crusades' - sorry to that lawyer that's suing Inter Milan for offending him & his religion.

Can we get back on-topic now please, apologies for the diversion.

Seconded for the beach volleyball/mud wrestling comps B) What IS that area going to be used for ultimately, and is it Rovers land? Car parks? Hotel? Shops? Bus parking for the new bus lane?

I presume this delay in feedback is at the clubs request to ensure the 'news' regarding the multi faith room is properly presented, rather than inadvertently blurted out. I take it to avoid it getting twisted by the media or those fans with an agenda.

Not in the slightest, it normally takes the best part of the week for the minutes to come out.

Its because people have day jobs as well.

He was ^_^

Get over yourself, go back to reading The Guardian and complaining about PC elsewhere. I expressed an opinion, and I'd tell him if I ever saw him. So you're offended by proxy on his behalf? You call yourself crazy - I can see why - is that not equally offensive to mentally challenged people?

To make it simple for you, I will make it a personal quest to hunt him down, go up to him in person and say exactly what I said on here. If we've any issues then, I'm sure we can sort it out between me & him, thus freeing you up to go crusading elsewhere. My bad - I used the word 'crusades' - sorry to that lawyer that's suing Inter Milan for offending him & his religion.

Can we get back on-topic now please, apologies for the diversion.

Seconded for the beach volleyball/mud wrestling comps B) What IS that area going to be used for ultimately, and is it Rovers land? Car parks? Hotel? Shops? Bus parking for the new bus lane?

You insulted a friend of mine. I think I'm allowed to stand up and say something especially when what you said was plainly out of order.

Just for your information, I don't, and have never, read the Guardian. You think I'm 'PC', meet me and I'll show you exactly how PC I am. I think PC is bullsh't but, since you brought it up, I can't stand racism. That's something completely different.

Insult someone then say it was an off-hand remark? Yeah, the mark of a big man.

Hey Mod's any chance of a sarcasm emoticon or something. It would seem the lowest form of wit passes people by. I thought the wink would do it but I guess not.

Maybe some one could invent a smellycon at the same time!

to cover [language timothy]etc

:lol:

Archived