BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Fans Forum (2/09/08)

I'm sure if you go to the Toilet during work they stop paying you? Otherwise it wouldn't be fair on the others would it?

But sometimes you can't physically go through the day without having a pee. Not the case here is it?

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Come prepared. Simple.

What, come prepared for all day at work? Don't be silly.

If there are to be 15 minute breaks for staff to use the new room (and there may well not be) then fine but that time should be made up at the end of the day or during breaks. It should not be allowed as part of their working time. To class it as the same as a toilet break is nonsense. I think that is a fairly reasonable comment Roar.

If that was the case then there is no problem with it being used by staff at all during work time.

DrummerBoy and all - sorry I'm off topic but I missed putting my twopenneth in on the original thread. However this new room is still something that probably does need a mention at the fans forum. What is it's purpose and what research was done into it's need. At least then a lot of the questions could be answered.

Unless, of course they pee in the prayer room!!!

Religion has NO place at a football ground. I don't care if it's good publicity, it's wrong. Religion has no place in school, work or any other such place. Religion should be practised in your own time and at your own cost.

Full stop. End of.

Religion has NO place at a football ground. I don't care if it's good publicity, it's wrong. Religion has no place in school, work or any other such place. Religion should be practised in your own time and at your own cost.

Full stop. End of.

Given the growing expansion of Religous diversity within our borders, I find that statement to be incredibly short sited. Our children should be educated in all religions given a background as you like, to enable a greater understanding and stronger relationship between them. To not educate them would only degrade the situation, and create further boundaries between them.

Full stop. End of.

Some very good points you make there Jan, fully support you there.

Given the growing expansion of Religous diversity within our borders, I find that statement to be incredibly short sited. Our children should be educated in all religions given a background as you like, to enable a greater understanding and stronger relationship between them. To not educate them would only degrade the situation, and create further boundaries between them.

They should be educated in the beliefs of all major religions, but religion should not be practiced/encouraged at schools.

Its indoctrination.

As for the multi faith room, I hope they have decent drainage for when the satanist's turn up with the goats.

I dont mind the club having a multi faith room I do mind it being in the concourse/toilets of one of the busiest areas of the ground during match days.

Have it in the JW stand.

Q) As it seems less people have commited to a season ticket, it is therfore likely there will be an increase of tickets purchased just before kick-off, adding to the existing problem of a long queue and missing the KO. Maybe the club could communicate the need to arrive earlier, open more kiosks etc..

Also, I've noticed some fans ringing up the ticket office rather than joining the main queue, which i belive saves everyone time, as fans simply collect a pre-paid ticket at the window. If that's the case, could this method be further encouraged and promoted?

Q) As it seems less people have commited to a season ticket, it is therfore likely there will be an increase of tickets purchased just before kick-off, adding to the existing problem of a long queue and missing the KO. Maybe the club could communicate the need to arrive earlier, open more kiosks etc..

Also, I've noticed some fans ringing up the ticket office rather than joining the main queue, which i belive saves everyone time, as fans simply collect a pre-paid ticket at the window. If that's the case, could this method be further encouraged and promoted?

I'm not aware that we have any data on season ticket sales yet - we should get numbers at the meeting (unless you know already?).

The club stop selling tickets over the phone 90 minutes before kick-off so that they can get more staff on to the windows and get the pre-paid tickets to the caravan. It's certainly true that the club want more people to buy tickets beforehand and you can both online and over the phone (and for that matter at the ticket office). I find it hard to believe that there are more than a few fans can only get to the ticket office 15 minutes before kick-off and can't ring or go online.

I find it hard to believe that there are more than a few fans can only get to the ticket office 15 minutes before kick-off and can't ring or go online.

Maybe suggest that the club emphasise these methods, especially for night matches, cup games and, if continued this season, the £1 for kids and £15 adult games.

I have a small suggestion. It's not a huge issue but when you phone up the ticket office now, it says that you are in a queue but no longer tells you what position you are in. It's not normally a problem but sometimes ie when Man U tickets go on sale, or before games etc it would be useful to know how long you are going to be on the phone (especially if you're phoning from work!)

I don't think I've ever slagged off BRFC on this forum - in fact I've taken considerable flak for supporting the club through thick and thin - on football (and non-football) decisions since 1996 ... ... because my philosophy is inherently positive. I hate negativity.

Putting the multifaith room in the N01 concourse is the most ridiculous mistake I have ever seen from the club. A great opportunity to generate positive publicity will end up as a damage limitation exercise.

From next weeks Fans Forum meeting, I would like to see clear answers on these specific points --

* Who signed this off? I don't see any common sense so have ruled out John Williams and Tom Finn - but someone signed this off - as an N01 ST holder I want to know who has devalued my match day experience at Ewood Park.

* Why wasn't the idea put before the Fans Forum? I cannot imagine any decision which would have a greater impact on BRFCs most loyal, vocal and important fans. The Fans Forum is a complete irrelevance in the light of the MF room being opened in the Blackburn End without consultation - because consultation with the FF would have prevented this mistake.

* How is the club going to rectify the situation?

Archived