BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Fans Forum (2/09/08)

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I do hope that the FF representatives print off Tris's well thought out post and ensure that the club provide answers to Tris's questions.

I'll second that. These questions need answering and there definately needs to be something done as if things are left unchanged and without any explanation, the animosity surrounding the removal of much needed facilities to accomodate this room will undoubtedly grow.

Putting the multifaith room in the N01 concourse is the most ridiculous mistake I have ever seen from the club.

Agreed. I think it's a dreadful decision from the club. I just hope (and metaphorically pray) that common sense eventually prevails and the powers that be at Rovers understand the disgust, dismay and anger that this decision has caused.

What a completely ridiculous place to put a so-called "Multi Faith Room".

23082008184ds0.jpg

The Rovers need a grilling for this patronising decision which is insulting to the fan groups they purport to consult on such decisions .

Absolutely.

I'd be grateful if Fans Forum representatives could express in the strongest possible terms the deep unhappiness that many fans feel about the Multi Faith Room..

I hope that the club have some answers to some serious questions as to how this terrible misjudgement occured. It was a scandalous decision to put a Multi Faith Room in it's current location.

May I suggest that people not on the Fans Forum who wish to express their disgust, should write to Chairman John Williams, Vice Chairman David Brown and to the Managing Director Tom Finn.

The address is:

Blackburn Rovers Football Club

Ewood Park

Blackburn

Lancashire

BB2 4JF

Telephone: 0870 1113232

There are actually parts of the ground who can't hear the tannoy at all, can someone from each section please give feedback on the tannoy in thier area.

Deafening in the middle of the Riverside :wacko:

My spy informs me of at least one person who was refused access to this "multi" faith room due to his refusal to take his shoes off .

I've also heard that there are no prominent Christian symbols therein .........this can not be said about the high profile presence of Islamic representations .

My main gripe about all this is the blatant and lying propoganda coming forth from the club about it being "multi" faith . It is no such thing . It is aimed at one section of the town and one only . At least the club should have the guts and courtesy to the fans who pay money week in and week out to tell them the truth .

And it's irrelevant who gave the go- ahead for this fiasco . The buck stops in John Williams' office . His is the responsibility for this move that will lose Rovers fans in the long run - not gain them .

the tannoy was mad on saturday,loud ,quiet off all afternoon and the score board was off too.I had no idea the time as i forgot to check at the kick offs

On another thread, it was mentioned that there was a 'new' scoreboard on the ground - yet this clearly wasn't visible from the Riverside. Can it be confirmed if there has been some kind of change? Either way, can the old scoreboard - including game time - turned back on?

My spy informs me of at least one person who was refused access to this "multi" faith room due to his refusal to take his shoes off .

I've also heard that there are no prominent Christian symbols therein .........this can not be said about the high profile presence of Islamic representations .

My main gripe about all this is the blatant and lying propoganda coming forth from the club about it being "multi" faith . It is no such thing . It is aimed at one section of the town and one only . At least the club should have the guts and courtesy to the fans who pay money week in and week out to tell them the truth .

And it's irrelevant who gave the go- ahead for this fiasco . The buck stops in John Williams' office . His is the responsibility for this move that will lose Rovers fans in the long run - not gain them .

Screw what it is and what it isn't. The idiot squad (on both sides) have had the debate shut down by (it has to be said, idiot squad mods) twice already.

Can we please keep at least this one thread on topic, it's about where this room is and what it's displaced.

I actually think that BRFC needs input on this, I think there might be some recognition that a mistake has been made with the N01 location of this facility, and that fact needs to be top of the agenda in everyones mind to get the room moved.

Turning this thread into another racial debate won't help anyone - so I would hope that those mods with some common sense will keep this thread open at all costs - ie delete any posts designed to take it off topic and ban anyone who does that for at least a month.

This is one occasion where common sense has to win - and this site needs to allow common sense to shine through so that the decision makers see it full on.

Well the Multi faith room is not all it seems.

Half time last night I stood outside, to observe proceedings, so to say.

First thing a steward was on duty at the door(outer door that is)

I watched as many youngsters entered and exited all chuckling to themselves.

No reaction from the steward, except when a couple of older lads went in, he followed them then returned to his post, waiting for there exit.

Should I, or should I not. Ah f**k it, in I went, through the door, short passage way about 3mtr, turn left, and to my dismay phish nooks, I could not believe my eyes, not what I expected.

Then to my left I noticed the double swing doors into another room, in we go, well no more surprises in store in this room, 3x3mtr, 4 walls a ceiling and a floor.

As you enter there facing in the left corner is a cupboard with no doors,(probably pipe work or something behind) on top of which was a lone bible(new world bible) or something.

In the corner to my right there is another cupboard, similar to the other only difference it had several prayer mats stacked on it.

There are no other religious symbols anywhere, there is no reference to any points of the compass either.

I hope I have nor bored you to much with my guided tour, but for some it may give a bit more insight to whats behind the door.

I was really surprised to find the Phish nooks though, and they are fully operational. Strange as there is no indication to them from the outside.

Fans forum tonight - ANY Chance we can get an update on what happened during the transfer window - i.e. why no right winger? Also is it possible to try and find out about the bentley clause and if we still have significant funds available or if they have vanished?

Thanks

Fans forum tonight - ANY Chance we can get an update on what happened during the transfer window - i.e. why no right winger? Also is it possible to try and find out about the bentley clause and if we still have significant funds available or if they have vanished?

Thanks

We may get some general information on the club's financial position but we do NOT discuss football matters at the Forum.

On the positive side for you Hughesy we should get some detail on season ticket sales.

Also I think some people may be confusing the new electronic advertising boards with a new scoreboard - I'm not aware a new scoreboard is planned. I will ask whether the old scoreboard not working is a permanent or temporary thing.

Well the Multi faith room is not all it seems.

Half time last night I stood outside, to observe proceedings, so to say.

First thing a steward was on duty at the door(outer door that is)

I watched as many youngsters entered and exited all chuckling to themselves.

No reaction from the steward, except when a couple of older lads went in, he followed them then returned to his post, waiting for there exit.

Should I, or should I not. Ah f**k it, in I went, through the door, short passage way about 3mtr, turn left, and to my dismay phish nooks, I could not believe my eyes, not what I expected.

Then to my left I noticed the double swing doors into another room, in we go, well no more surprises in store in this room, 3x3mtr, 4 walls a ceiling and a floor.

As you enter there facing in the left corner is a cupboard with no doors,(probably pipe work or something behind) on top of which was a lone bible(new world bible) or something.

In the corner to my right there is another cupboard, similar to the other only difference it had several prayer mats stacked on it.

There are no other religious symbols anywhere, there is no reference to any points of the compass either.

I hope I have nor bored you to much with my guided tour, but for some it may give a bit more insight to whats behind the door.

I was really surprised to find the Phish nooks though, and they are fully operational. Strange as there is no indication to them from the outside.

Issues being

1. was anybody praying?

2. How would female worshippers feel about the urinals being in open view?

Issues being

1. was anybody praying?

2. How would female worshippers feel about the urinals being in open view?

The word is now, it's gone. Maybe a case of relocation, we will see.

1.No there was no one praying, I got the feeling it's not for fans.

2. How would any one feel about entering a place of worship through, toilets, quite unique I think, and probably why it has been moved if true.

Any news from the forum?

Just as a matter of interest (anybody) how did the fans forum come into being and who selected the people on the forum?

There is a bit of news, nothing majorly exciting, but I'm not sure if any bits are sensitive so I'd better let o2g give a run down once he has cleared the minutes with Tom Finn.

Uh, so, did anybody find out what we are going to do if the clock in the Darwen end doesn't get fixed? Was a pain in the arse against Hull checking every 5 minutes.

errr.....o.k. don't think I'm giving any State secrets away by revealing that the Scoreboard has served its time and is basically knackered.

The Company we got it from have apparently relocated to the US and we have accordingly had problems trying to sort it out - service, parts etc.

We're trying to source a replacement. Might (but might not) be a temporary fix in place for the next home game (i.e. a clock)

Archived