BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Fans Forum (2/09/08)

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Electronic advertising hoardings ...

Too late now but did anybody mention the pitchside advertising at the FF? From the JW upper stand when they are flashing they are a real distraction and make me feel slightly queezy. They must be hell for the spectators in the JW Lower.

I was in the JW Upper for the game against NAC Breda and I thought exactly the same. I am seriously concerned for people who are epileptic. Could these moving ads cause fits in some people like flash photography can?

Another thing which I hope someone may have mentioned at FF.

For the third year (at least) running, the program makes a mess of the honours...1st page.

It starts with Premiership then goes to Div One stating champions 1912 and 1914; runners-up 2001??????

IMO it should start with Football League champions 1912 & 1914 and then list Premiership and all the rest that follow.

I doubt it will be exciting! Why the fuss?

Why the secrecy? Not looking for exciting, I am waiting for an official response from the club on a certain matter. Surely it’s not hard to answer the following, no matter how 'shady' the person's grey matter;

Have the club moved the multi-faith room?

Why were the fans (forum) not consulted about it?

Why did they put it in the toilets of the busiest stand in the stadium?

Or is it simply that this topic which has caused such heated debate failed to come up during the meeting?

PhilipL, it could be said that you suffer from a type of keyboard incontinence. :rolleyes:

Philip sitting on his balcony with a bowl of the finest olives and delicious sun dried tomatoes whilst slowly enjoying a glass of fine wine as the sun sets slowly over the horizon of the Mediterranean sea is so detached from reallity that he has obviously forgotten the inevitable results of thousands of football fans necking anything up to a gallon of weak lager for 3 hours preceding sitting through a game of football for 45 mins on a cold day. :rolleyes:

Philip sitting on his balcony with a bowl of the finest olives and delicious sun dried tomatoes whilst slowly enjoying a glass of fine wine as the sun sets slowly over the horizon of the Mediterranean sea is so detached from reallity that he has obviously forgotten the inevitable results of thousands of football fans necking anything up to a gallon of weak lager for 3 hours preceding sitting through a game of football for 45 mins on a cold day. :rolleyes:

Jealousy

Why the secrecy? Not looking for exciting, I am waiting for an official response from the club on a certain matter. Surely it’s not hard to answer the following, no matter how 'shady' the person's grey matter;

Have the club moved the multi-faith room?

Why were the fans (forum) not consulted about it?

Why did they put it in the toilets of the busiest stand in the stadium?

Or is it simply that this topic which has caused such heated debate failed to come up during the meeting?

Secrecy?

What secrecy? its usually a week or so until the minutes are posted on the official website.

Cant see any secrecy myself.

Right, for those who have for some inexplicable reason, been waiting breathlessly for the Fans Forum minutes, here are the highlights. The full minutes will be up on the official site on Thursday.

Club Flag

The club have found a source for a new affordable lightweight flag, which they are willing to buy and store. In order to make its use happen on match days they need some volunteer fans who sit in the Blackburn End, who are willing to help roll it out and collect it back in again at each match. Volunteers please.

Big Screen

In response to requests at the last meeting, team line-ups had been showed more frequently at the Hull match. Our other request, for film of vintage Rovers' performances and interviews with old players, was being looked at positively - the difficulty was in finding time before matches, particularly when there was a lunchtime Premiership game, which was already popular with fans.

Overseas Supporters Club

No progress yet because of the concentration on season ticket sales and the fact that the internet site wasn't fully functioning, but it will be worked on soon.

Season ticket sales

A little disappointing in the end after a very good early bird offer. Sales were about 800 down on the same time last year - probably the effect of the credit crunch, which also appeared to be affecting other Premiership clubs. Nevertheless still higher than 2 years ago and there are 1,500 new season ticket holders this season.

New ticketing system

The new system, the first for 12/13 years, had taken longer than hoped to bed in. This was not surprising considering they were for the first time introducing a co-ordinated system with ticket office, shop, stadium catering and Blues all being linked. When teething problems all ironed out the system would be a big improvement and would allow other innovations such as ticket machines. The fans points card system could also then be launched.

Ewood Park appearance

We raised some issues about the appearance of the ground following points raised on here. The club refuted the general point of some shabbiness developing but did undertake to look at claims of maintenance issues in the memorial garden. Tom Finn also made the point that the PL fans survey had given Rovers a score of 96% good or very good on cleanliness, only beaten by Arsenal and Manchester City, which were both new grounds.

Negative PR

Again a point raised on here. The club have offered Paul Agnew to come to a future meeting to discuss PR in more detail.

Multi-faith room

Given the sensitivity of this subject, I include the full minute of the discussion: -

Neil Duckworth stated that the Forum welcomed the introduction of a multi-faith room but had two issues. Members were disappointed that the club had not discussed the introduction of the room with the Forum beforehand and they were also concerned that the location chosen was not ideal. Ton Finn responded that the club had rightly been challenged by the Forum in the past about increasing the numbers of fans from ethnic minorities and had consulted authorities involved in creating similar facilities. The club had always intended to review certain aspects such as location of the room, ease of accessibility for fans from other Stands etc after the early games and this process was ongoing.

Multi-faith room

Given the sensitivity of this subject, I include the full minute of the discussion: -

Neil Duckworth stated that the Forum welcomed the introduction of a multi-faith room but had two issues. Members were disappointed that the club had not discussed the introduction of the room with the Forum beforehand and they were also concerned that the location chosen was not ideal. Ton Finn responded that the club had rightly been challenged by the Forum in the past about increasing the numbers of fans from ethnic minorities and had consulted authorities involved in creating similar facilities. The club had always intended to review certain aspects such as location of the room, ease of accessibility for fans from other Stands etc after the early games and this process was ongoing.

Very poor. They should have just held their hands up and said "sorry, we put it in the wrong place".

If they "always intended to review certain aspects such as location" why go ahead and build it??

That's like the FA getting the keys to Wembley, holding two events there and then deciding the national stadium should be in Coventry.

You mean one each about a metre square. I'll get em in the club shop. How about a side pocket for your flask? ;)

Actually, can't see it happening, but a Rovers rug, blanket or throw would be great. Separate flask holder please :D

Not impressed with the choice of bags so far, some nice blue ones please, my Rovers rucksack is wearing out.

Very poor. They should have just held their hands up and said "sorry, we put it in the wrong place".

If they "always intended to review certain aspects such as location" why go ahead and build it??

Agree Tris

However, what it also highlights to me was what I seconded to Jan - it was a token gesture and put there for one reason only - multi faith room my arse.

Ewood Park appearance

We raised some issues about the appearance of the ground following points raised on here. The club refuted the general point of some shabbiness developing but did undertake to look at claims of maintenance issues in the memorial garden. Tom Finn also made the point that the PL fans survey had given Rovers a score of 96% good or very good on cleanliness, only beaten by Arsenal and Manchester City, which were both new grounds.

I think it may be time to take some photos of the offending areas concerning Ewood Park that are letting the stadium down.....OPEN YOUR EYES PLEASE!

Some poor and seemingly half-arsed replys to fans comments! <_<

Archived