BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Fans Forum (2/09/08)

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply
(......To Ewood Spark - I personally know for a fact that this messageboard is read at the highest levels at Ewood . I would always , unlike yourself , keep my views consistent regardless who I was talking to . Don't kid yourself that you have some hidden "strength" of character because you alter your views when you log off and talk face to face ....:rolleyes:

This thread relates to the fans forum ... and in particular the subject of providing a facility for a minority of potential supporters with the intention of knocking down another barrier to their possible attendance. Blackburn Rovers have to explore every possible avenue when it comes to increasing attendances at Ewood. FACT.

If you want to start a thread extolling the virtues of religion then I'll gladly tie you in rationalistic knots on THAT thread. This is NOT the place for such a discussion. If I thought the MFR would impinge on my, or any other fan's match day experience then I would gladly argue the point with the powers that be. That is why the subject was raised at the last forum .... the present venue is clearly wrong. If the MFR is relocated to a quieter area then I don't see what your or anybody else's problem is.

I am not particularly keen on gambling (a tax on the stupid gullible and hopelessly optimistic) but I have no problem with betting facilities on the concourse if that is what some fans want. It doesn't affect me.

Live and let live.

What a load of rubbish you just wrote their BP. Your just against Muslims and Asians. From that post your trying to imply that Asians don't come to Ewood if the tickets are expensive? Wake up fella!

Most Asians fans are following the likes of United and Liverpool in this town. That is one of the main reasons we don't get many of them through the gates. Not because prices are too expensive!

Just for the record, It was a Muslim that provided funds for this MFR NOT Rovers. Finally, there are more Muslims in Blackburn, than any other religion besides Christianity. For the record they pray 5 times a day, and Yes they will need to use it. The fact that the location is not ideal does not mean that the idea is rubbish.

Like a previous poster said earlier (I think it was Hughesy) as long as it gets a few more people through the doors then do you really care? Your not going to use it are you? You say a toilet has been removed, I'm sure your a big boy now and can hold it in for a few minutes longer? ;) If not, I hear Pampers are the best ones going right now, Offer at Tescos aswell ;)

Faz, have a word with Kamy100, MB member, big rovers fan AND a muslim and ask him what he thinks about 'needing to use it' and also how many fellow muslims he thinks it will attract.

Also have United and Liverpool got a MFR bearing in mind most Asian fans in Blackburn follow them?

The club has completely missed the point. Many in the Muslim community of Blackburn LOVE football. But they are not and will never be interested in Rovers, I have come across at least a dozen Asians who regulary go to Anfield and Old Trafford, there is no multi faith room in the Kop. It has never been due to lack of religious understanding that they avoid Ewood but because they on the whole do not support the Rovers.

The issue is, the Asians of Blackburn have never really had an affinity with Rovers and every generation is getting less so. Asian Dads follow United, their kids follow United, just like my family has passed down their football tribalism, so have the Asian community.

At my gym, I overhear Asian conversations, football must be the number 1 topic, yet NEVER Rovers, a multi faith room, visits from celebrity Imans, whatever you like will not make one iota of difference.

I know many muslims who support Blackburn and they are all from Blackburn so your theory is flawed. There are plenty of people out there who support blackburn, its just how to get them through the turnstiles- which is what the club is trying hard to do.

I notice how not many of you complained when the new bottle bar idea was added to the concourse last year - how strange!

I know many muslims who support Blackburn and they are all from Blackburn so your theory is flawed. There are plenty of people out there who support blackburn, its just how to get them through the turnstiles- which is what the club is trying hard to do.

I notice how not many of you complained when the new bottle bar idea was added to the concourse last year - how strange!

Well let us know how many more of the muslim community are enticed down due to the MFR then Hughesy. Also, seeing as you're 'in the know' can you tell me the level of consultation that took place within that community prior to the MFR opening?

What the hell's the bottle bar comparison about? That didn't replace half of a toilet that literally hundreds of fans frequent during a matchday did it, it replaced a programme booth that was never used!!

... and in particular the subject of providing a facility for a minority of potential supporters with the intention of knocking down another barrier to their possible attendance.

keep it going ep! i reckon you have got 50000 potential supporters now - well done good chap!

That's because they are sold from exactly the same place as the programmes near N01, so there was no need to rearrange facilities or the space used. It didn't create unneccesary queues or bottleneck fans in a crowded area of the ground by reducing other, very busy facilities in size.

Not that it's flawless, though, maybe making sure it was fully stocked before selling / accepting vouchers would be a start. It isn't really much of a time saver if you have to leave your seat early, you may as well go to the bar early and get a full pint.

My point was that some people said we didnt get any info about this bla bla bla and therefore they should of consulted fans - well they didnt when it came to beer but nobody complained.

Like I said, im sure the toilet is only busy for the initial 5 minute rush after half time/ end of game. Its hardly the end of the world.

It isn't the end of the world, but it could have been considered a bit (maybe a lot?) more, that's what annoys me. There must have been another area the MFR could have been added, without it affecting the quality of any other facilities. The current placement is (was?) right in the middle of one of the busiest areas of the ground and was easy picking for the idiots who made such a scene out of it. It seemed fairly obvious to me as soon as I walked past that it would be ripe for a small minority to spoil the atmosphere with their racist antics, considering the location. If that occurs to me when I first walked past it, surely it must have rang a bell with those responsible for the planning and development of it.

I'm sure no-one minded the BottleBar idea, because it didn't affect the other facilities, apart from those who might need to queue a little longer to get a programme before the game. It was merely an additional service added to an existing facility, so wouldn't warrant consultation imo. It'd be like the one of the normal bars / kiosks adding a new product line - there'd be no big change in any process or knock on effect to a congested area.

I think the point quite a few people are trying to make is that the MFR could have been planned and implemented alot more efficiently than it has been. The club has a direct link to those who could have provided the feedback we're giving now, thus saving time, money and the embarassment of having to watch several stewards and police patrol a small room, because of a small crowd of racists and drunks looking to enjoy a bit of 'trouble'.

Just a point but there's no end to this religious stupidity. If this prayer room is to be used by muslims to pray are we not therefore obligated under the sexual discrimination laws of this country to build a similar room for Islamic women to pray, as they are generally discriminated against within their own religion by not being allowed to pray in the prescence of men.

Has anybody who has been on here supporting the clubs stance stopped to think that by definition supporting this prayer room facility is in fact supporting subjugation and discrimination against women.

btw..... I guess if Tom Finn reads this then thats the other half of your Blackburn End bogs spoken for. :o Better drink halves guys. ;)

The current placement is (was?) right in the middle of one of the busiest areas of the ground and was easy picking for the idiots who made such a scene out of it. It seemed fairly obvious to me as soon as I walked past that it would be ripe for a small minority to spoil the atmosphere with their racist antics, considering the location.

We could always ban that small minority from the ground. Unfortunately I reckon that will lead to a net loss in attendance as imo the prayer room at the back of the Blackburn End will not attract more than a handful of the followers of islam at the most. Quite the opposite of the original but severely misguided intention.

Whoever thought of this MFPR in that position in the first place and railroaded it through must be far removed from the real world and should not really be kept in a position of such responsibility. Still to err is human as they say. :rolleyes:

- well they didnt when it came to beer but nobody complained.

They did actually. The forum thought it was a good idea. (In fact it was suggested by forum members)

Re MFR - is it really that big a deal. Its obviously not located in the best place and it will probably stay there less time than Robbie Fowler. Even if privately the club believe its a mistake there is no way they could ever admit this, as it wouldnt take 5 minutes for less sympathetic journos to put a "Club gets rid of multi faith room due to Racist fans" slant on it.

Also have United and Liverpool got a MFR bearing in mind most Asian fans in Blackburn follow them?

Bearing in mind most Asian fans support Liverpool and United, they do not travel as far to go watch them week in week out. Therefore, them having a MFR would not affect there decision.

Bearing in mind most Asian fans support Liverpool and United, they do not travel as far to go watch them week in week out. Therefore, them having a MFR would not affect there decision.

Please can you explain exactly what that means!?

Are you saying that the presence of a prayer room at the stadium has absolutley no influence on people paying to watch football? And that to attract asian people BRFC should rebrand themselevs as Blackburn Unitpool - would be cheaper than the unholy mess that they have created for themselves!

I'll bet you a tenner it doesn't add a single fan never mind a season ticket sale.

i will add a tenner too...praying at footy what an embarassment.football and faith dont mix.Unless your losing then you pray to yourself but you wouldnt want to leave to do so.Im going to the church on sunday and when the priest comes out im going to sing to him "who drank all the wine who drank all the wine? you fat basrurd you fat basturd" and " who the f hell are you" and "stand up for jesus christ" or " you can stick yer f sermon up your ass" and when i get kicked out im going to ask the bish where his multi football room is.

i will add a tenner too...praying at footy what an embarassment.football and faith dont mix.Unless your losing then you pray to yourself but you wouldnt want to leave to do so.Im going to the church on sunday and when the priest comes out im going to sing to him "who drank all the wine who drank all the wine? you fat basrurd you fat basturd" and " who the f hell are you" and "stand up for jesus christ" or " you can stick yer f sermon up your ass" and when i get kicked out im going to ask the bish where his multi football room is.

BRILLIANT

Please can you explain exactly what that means!?

Are you saying that the presence of a prayer room at the stadium has absolutley no influence on people paying to watch football? And that to attract asian people BRFC should rebrand themselevs as Blackburn Unitpool - would be cheaper than the unholy mess that they have created for themselves!

What are you on about?

I was replying to LDR, he was saying most "asians" in Blackburn are United or Liverpool fans, and United and Liverpool don't have a MFR. I replied by saying most them fans don't live in Manchester nor Liverpool, therefore, they do not go to Anfield and Old Trafford, so if them grounds did have a MFR it won't make a difference because those fans don't travel to the grounds to watch the team play.

WTF are you going on about Blackburn Unitpool?

I think that is why they have sound proof walls, to stop the noise from the ground going through. ;)

QUOTE (Ste B @ Sep 12 2008, 11:07 ) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Re MFR - is it really that big a deal.

No of course it isn't. Peersonally I couldn't care less if we have an MFR or not, and no I don't go in the BBE but if we have one in the JW that's OK with me.

Just a point but there's no end to this religious stupidity. If this prayer room is to be used by muslims to pray are we not therefore obligated under the sexual discrimination laws of this country to build a similar room for Islamic women to pray, as they are generally discriminated against within their own religion by not being allowed to pray in the prescence of men.

Has anybody who has been on here supporting the clubs stance stopped to think that by definition supporting this prayer room facility is in fact supporting subjugation and discrimination against women.

btw..... I guess if Tom Finn reads this then thats the other half of your Blackburn End bogs spoken for. :o Better drink halves guys. ;)

The sad aspect is it gives people with an agenda the opportunity to have another pop at the Muslim community. Supporting discrimination and subjugation of women. What a load of rubbish. Yes we all know the Muslim faith treats women badly, I agree, it's completely wrong but to suggest those who support the MFR are by definition supporting subjugation and discrimination against women is taking logical thinking to the extreme and is quite possibly the stupidest thing I've read on here.....on any subject.

:lol::lol::lol:

QUOTE (Ste B @ Sep 12 2008, 17:55 ) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Apart from Abbeys post above ;)

(which is actually pretty damn funny before anybody starts complaining)

Wait wait, did I read that proper. Mods have a sense of humour ;)

Just out of interest. Is the Fans Forum meeting every month, and is anyone welcome, or does a certain criteria have to be met before coming on board?

Archived