BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Fans Forum (2/09/08)

SG194 - to be fair, these are minutes, and are therefore likely only to be summaries, not the full discussion. Its a tad harsh to criticize a response based solely on minutes. Similar to slating the team's play based on a 2 paragrpah match report.

Or after watching MOTD :P

Any news on the takeover? Or was that not discussed?

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think it may be time to take some photos of the offending areas concerning Ewood Park that are letting the stadium down.....OPEN YOUR EYES PLEASE!

Some poor and seemingly half-arsed replys to fans comments! <_<

Firstly, my notes are a summary of the minutes, so do not reflect the full conversation we had. Secondly, whilst we raised the issue of appearance because a few fans had asked us, nearly all the fans on the Forum did not believe there was a real problem - that's 14 fans against maybe 4 who had an issue. There was a specific point about the memorial garden which Tom Finn has agreed to check that the maintenance contract is being done.

Nevertheless if you think that it's worth taking some photos and sending them to Tom then please go ahead.

Any news on the takeover? Or was that not discussed?

It was - we have it as a standard item on the agenda. There was just nothing to report - currently no interest at all.

I already have some photographs, unfortunately they are not very good as I only had a disposable camera. However, they clearly show the flaking paint and the dirt on the fascia of the Blackburn End, up where the letters are. How can people dispute this - unless they wish to borrow my glasses - it's there to see! I'll do better than that, I'll find Tom and show him exactly what I'm on about. I'm not on the Fans Forum but I do know there are those anxious not to rock anyone's boat for some strange reason. If someone can lend me one of those window-cleaner platform things and a power washer I'll get up there and do it myself; and a tin of paint from the shop will do the job nicely, I've my own paintbrush thanks.

While we're at it Jack had cobwebs on him the other day. He will get a close inspection next Saturday :angry:

Neil Duckworth stated that the Forum welcomed the introduction of a multi-faith room but had two issues.

I'm amazed . Did ALL the member of the forum "welcome" the introduction of the faith room ? If so I'd have to question how representative of the fans the forum really is . The attitudes of the fans I've come across are a mixture of embarrassment , shame and ridicule of the whole stupid project . It's not where the room is situated - it's that it exists at all !

I'm amazed . Did ALL the member of the forum "welcome" the introduction of the faith room ? If so I'd have to question how representative of the fans the forum really is . The attitudes of the fans I've come across are a mixture of embarrassment , shame and ridicule of the whole stupid project . It's not where the room is situated - it's that it exists at all !

So other than it's location ... which the majority agree is ill-conceived ... what exactly is your problem with it?

So other than it's location ... which the majority agree is ill-conceived ... what exactly is your problem with it?

"Neil Duckworth stated that the Forum welcomed the introduction of a multi-faith room but had two issues. Members were disappointed that the club had not discussed the introduction of the room with the Forum beforehand and they were also concerned that the location chosen was not ideal. Ton Finn responded that the club had rightly been challenged by the Forum in the past about increasing the numbers of fans from ethnic minorities and had consulted authorities involved in creating similar facilities. The club had always intended to review certain aspects such as location of the room, ease of accessibility for fans from other Stands etc after the early games and this process was ongoing"

Re Tom Finn's response:

I thought the room was supposed to be multi-faith room as opposed to catering to the faith of ethnic minorities.

I'm with IHB here in not really seeing what need there is for such a facility in the public area of a football stadium.

When mum talks, you boys better listen. Hahahaha. Mum im sure Mr Mum, could tag along for that paint job. So why the slow progress, with regards to the overseas supporters club?

As stated above, no point in launching until we have a fully functioning internet site.

I see no reason for it whatsoever but I'd like to know what opinion was canvassed in the potential asian market before it's implementation, bearing in mind Kamy's remarks that he could see it getting very little use.

Tom Finn stated they had taken advice from a firm in Preston who had put in a similar facility at other locations. Reading between the lines it sounds like the club have been badly advised in my opinion.

I already have some photographs, unfortunately they are not very good as I only had a disposable camera. However, they clearly show the flaking paint and the dirt on the fascia of the Blackburn End, up where the letters are. How can people dispute this - unless they wish to borrow my glasses - it's there to see! I'll do better than that, I'll find Tom and show him exactly what I'm on about. I'm not on the Fans Forum but I do know there are those anxious not to rock anyone's boat for some strange reason. If someone can lend me one of those window-cleaner platform things and a power washer I'll get up there and do it myself; and a tin of paint from the shop will do the job nicely, I've my own paintbrush thanks.

While we're at it Jack had cobwebs on him the other day. He will get a close inspection next Saturday :angry:

mum and anyone else, if you have photos of Ewood in poor condition I would urge you to send in details to Tom Finn directly.

Tom seemed quite put out that this topic had been raised and didn't think apparently that we should be bringing up every subject going as a result of a comment on an internet m/b.

John (only2garners) pointed out there'd been several different complaints otherwise we wouldn't have raised it.

mum and anyone else, if you have photos of Ewood in poor condition I would urge you to send in details to Tom Finn directly.

Tom seemed quite put out that this topic had been raised and didn't think apparently that we should be bringing up every subject going as a result of a comment on an internet m/b.

John (only2garners) pointed out there'd been several different complaints otherwise we wouldn't have raised it.

Absolutely Rev. Whilst I'm keen that we involve as wide a range of fans as possible in developing the agenda for our meetings we can't just raise every issue that someone makes on here, unless we can see the view has some general support. We did have several people making points about the state of the ground.

Tom was particularly disappointed that we raised the issue of the state of EP and to be fair to him probably a good majority of FF members also didn't see a real problem, notwithstanding the particular issue re the memorial garden.

BUT, if anyone wants to present some evidence to Tom then I encourage them to do it asap.

Absolutely Rev. Whilst I'm keen that we involve as wide a range of fans as possible in developing the agenda for our meetings we can't just raise every issue that someone makes on here, unless we can see the view has some general support. We did have several people making points about the state of the ground.

Tom was particularly disappointed that we raised the issue of the state of EP and to be fair to him probably a good majority of FF members also didn't see a real problem, notwithstanding the particular issue re the memorial garden.

BUT, if anyone wants to present some evidence to Tom then I encourage them to do it asap.

Tom is a great guy, but he shouldn't be "put out" because of the origin of any comment, m/b or not.

If the only comments he ever got were from this site, that shouldn't be a problem to him. Don't stop asking questions, just because anyone from the club don't approve the origin.

I assume the FF are clever enough to cut out the unnecessary questions, and I also assume Tom should be prepared to answer all of them. Maybe he was just having a bad day.

Tom Finn stated they had taken advice from a firm in Preston who had put in a similar facility at other locations. Reading between the lines it sounds like the club have been badly advised in my opinion.

Did he confirm that those 'similar facility ' (how disimilar can you get - its either one or it isn't) locations where in Football Grounds Rev? Is it a case of badly advised or badly researched by Rovers :huh:

The placing of it would certainly not have been on the advice of the firm in Preston.

Probably been mentioned a thousand times but here we go again PARKING can the club along with the council purchase additional land or convert land for extra parking.

Living nearby I had to take my car for the Grimsby game ...what a nightmare Ewood is for your casual walk on fans cars, drove round Ewood for half an hour before ending up on Fernhurst farm and this was a night game were the Aldi car park was accessible and the crowd was very very low.

Its about keeping standards up to scratch and looking after this great ground that JW left us..... some people DO care FFS :rolleyes:

As do the club. They were at pains to say everything is maintained on a cycle, but not everything can be done at the same time. Kind of like painting the forth bridge, once you get to the end, you need to start again. They did ask that if anybody has any evidence, then to submit it.

Blue Phil is 100% correct on the Faith Room. The vast majority of Rovers fans DO NOT think its necessary. This messgeboard and the Fans Forum will never represent a true picture of Rovers supporter feelings.

Commitee speak like the 'Forum welcomes the Faith Room' etc etc is NOT what is being said in the ale houses and workplaces of the town.

At the risk of stating the bleedin' obvious , the town is full of facilities for those of any and all faiths to practise their religions and beliefs .

Ewood Park is a sporting venue - a football stadium - and silly attempts like this to pander to one section of the community (and that's exactly what it is ) will do more harm than good . Religion has no place at Ewood . As the contributer above states the club has brought nothing but ridicule upon itself by this ill advised and divisive move .

On another note I must say I have to spring to the defence of the club on the "appearance" aspects of the club . It looks fine enough to me - and the covered area for the fans queuing at the ticket office , for instance , is a laudable gesture by those on high , especially in these days of global warming .....

I would recommend the ground tour for anyone who thinks we are in danger of becoming a little shoddy . It proves beyond doubt IMO that the opposite is true .

At the risk of stating the bleedin' obvious , the town is full of facilities for those of any and all faiths to practise their religions and beliefs .

Ewood Park is a sporting venue - a football stadium - and silly attempts like this to pander to one section of the community (and that's exactly what it is ) will do more harm than good . Religion has no place at Ewood . As the contributer above states the club has brought nothing but ridicule upon itself by this ill advised and divisive move .

On another note I must say I have to spring to the defence of the club on the "appearance" aspects of the club . It looks fine enough to me - and the covered area for the fans queuing at the ticket office , for instance , is a laudable gesture by those on high , especially in these days of global warming .....

I would recommend the ground tour for anyone who thinks we are in danger of becoming a little shoddy . It proves beyond doubt IMO that the opposite is true .

Disagree with you on the no religion at ewood, there is only one religion! The Rovers, if people want to pray to a different god go to another site.

:rover:

Archived