BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The Ryder Cup

Disappointing start, Europe normally get off to a flier, it will be interesting to see how the team comes back from this.

I'm not convinced by Faldo in the way that I was by Torrance and Woosnam. Maybe I'm just listening to the press too much.

:D Tris.

Well done to the Americans, they played the better golf over the last 3 days, although about any hour and half ago I thought that Europe were going to do it and Faldo had pulled a masterstroke by sending his strongest players at the end but the Americans holed so superb putts and it is game over.

Roll on Celtic Manor in 2 years time.

The Americans, certainly were the better team, - well done to them. As for Inc..... errrr, sorry Faldo, his order of play was wrong today. Leaving Poulter and Harrington till the last, when their scores don't count and the match was lost, was inexcusable. Surely when your teams behind, you MUST have a go early doors to put them under some kind of pressure. That never happened.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Although I had the urge to shout "Come on Tim" every so often.

Cant wait for the next one, I think Europe will wipe the floor with them

Faldo got a lot of grief for his role last week but on reflection I think it boiled down to the fact that the two guys who were theoretically our two best players, Garcia and Harrington, were completely out of sorts and barely contributed a point between them.

The past few captains have all been able to rely on three or four points from Garcia alone.

Harrington did nothing at the K Club either.

True, but he's won 3 majors since then and should have been a talisman for us.

Bit harsh to label Faldo "a prat." He won 6 majors on the back of being self focused, driven and his own man. However as with Tiger Woods, those qualities don't seem to translate too well to the team environment of the Ryder Cup.

not an imbecile, a self centred arrogant prick maybe, but not an imbecile.

We were let down on the first day when they threw away a position of strength, and couldnt get it back.

I'd have played one of the big guns up front, but thats the only difference.

USA hit birdies, Europe didnt.

Archived