BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers V Everton

Hasta

By ethical what i meant was a working midfielder who is not shy of working his socks off and doing the dirty work.

Tris, your from Darwen so I would imagine that sometimes yr brain is between the cheeks if your bottom. Of course I havent sent the tickets back why would I ? I support Rovers and do NOT hate Paul Ince. is it not time for you to join the likes of the previosu Helmshore Blues and try some of the sheep on the Darwen Moorlands ?

My view remains that Ince will know a lot about Rovers despite being down in the old Div 2. The club is well known in football circles and there is nothing to doubt taht Ince knows what this club is about. As for knowing players, of course he bloody knows who is good, who is average and who is bad.

I couldnt be bothered against Everton for a number of reasons. The price was wrong for starters, even at £17. The previous seasons have all seen games at a tenner so why not this game ? It might have seen a 20k crowd and would have earned the club just as much as the 14k. The previous home games havent exaclty been filled with flowing football and knowing that the team would be vastly changed, it just didnt have the appeal for me.

As for giving anyone a chance, dont be so silly. Of course I am going to give any manager/player a chance. My views on Andrews MAY change if he turns out to be a DAVID PLATT ! Come on, whoever thinks that must be totally insane. Platt turned out to be a class midfielder who could run, pass, score and turn a game on a sixpence. I dont ever see Andrews being labelled in that bracket of player.

Grella our general ? I confess that I have only ever seen him play maybe 5 times so I dont really know much about him. On the flip side, if he is then great but then I would have to ask myself why other clubs havent stolen a march on Rovers and signed him earlier. The same goes for Andrews.

Its my view, like it or not, it aint gonna change UNLESS I witness it on the pitch.

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I couldnt be bothered against Everton for a number of reasons. The price was wrong for starters, even at £17. The previous seasons have all seen games at a tenner so why not this game ?

Not disagreeing with what you are saying 1864 but previous seasons mean nowt. Last year I was driving to the match on petrol at 82ppl but try telling that to the various oil companies and our caring Govt.

As for giving anyone a chance, dont be so silly. Of course I am going to give any manager/player a chance. My views on Andrews MAY change if he turns out to be a DAVID PLATT ! Come on, whoever thinks that must be totally insane. Platt turned out to be a class midfielder who could run, pass, score and turn a game on a sixpence. I dont ever see Andrews being labelled in that bracket of player.

I never said he was as good. I said he has similar attributes. I didn't even say these attributes are at the same level. All I said was that he plays the game simple, and has a knack of arriving late in the box to have a chance of a goal. Under Hughes we never had midfielders arriving late in the box apart from MGP in his 1st season before he was abviously told not to do it any more.

Snobbery ? Walls I am as down to earth as you my friend.

Preconceived ideas ? I have been to many many Rovers games, home, away and in Europe so I have no preconceived ideas to anything, apart from maybe the wifes birthday, the wedding anniversary and the like.

My idealistical view of Rovers is that there is NO other team apart from my beloved BRFC. I love the club, its tattooed on my heart and my arms.

Thats just they way I feel at the moment. What I see on the litch I comment on, what I know from behind the scenes, I comment on. I accept other peoples POV's so why cant others accept mine?

^_^

Snobbery ? Walls I am as down to earth as you my friend.

Preconceived ideas ? I have been to many many Rovers games, home, away and in Europe so I have no preconceived ideas to anything, apart from maybe the wifes birthday, the wedding anniversary and the like.

My idealistical view of Rovers is that there is NO other team apart from my beloved BRFC. I love the club, its tattooed on my heart and my arms.

Thats just they way I feel at the moment. What I see on the litch I comment on, what I know from behind the scenes, I comment on. I accept other peoples POV's so why cant others accept mine?

^_^

Your opinion of Andrews is based on nothing other than the fact that he came from MK Dons - and perhaps 2.5 games in which he has played adequately. Is that enough to say that he simply isn't good enough?

I'm not intentionally having a go at you. I'm just fed up with reading all the negative stuff on here from people who really should know to give things a chance before they have a go. People like yourself, Den and Thenodrog who have been watching Rovers for years have been amongst Ince's biggest critics.

You should know by now that Rovers always surprise. Just chill out, be optimistic and enjoy the ride. B)

People like yourself, Den and Thenodrog who have been watching Rovers for years have been amongst Ince's biggest critics.

Hmmm, what have I said that's wrong? Doubt you'll find anything Walls. More than likely you can't cope with anything that doesn't go down well with the Paulettes. :D

Hey Walls

I am always optimistic

I will always be chilled out, its second nature.

I always am prepared to give peoples chances.

My view on Andrews is not based on 2.5 Rovers games, it based on the fact that I follow lower league football and look at the potential rising stars, that is from Academy football to reserves. I regularly watch lower legaue games and have seen a few half decent stars in the making.

Andrews has never crossed my path although I have seen him play outside of a Rovers shirt. He doesnt fit the bill for me but like you say I am prepared to give him time.

I'm not intentionally having a go at you. I'm just fed up with reading all the negative stuff on here from people who really should know to give things a chance before they have a go. People like yourself, Den and Thenodrog who have been watching Rovers for years have been amongst Ince's biggest critics.

Criticise all you like walls but there is a very strong weight of opinion (... dare I suggest mainly amongst the more 'mature' supporters) who do not like the Paul Ince appointment. I can think of no time during my time watching BRFC where a managerial appointment has created such comment and division.

Criticise all you like walls but there is a very strong weight of opinion (... dare I suggest mainly amongst the more 'mature' supporters) who do not like the Paul Ince appointment. I can think of no time during my time watching BRFC where a managerial appointment has created such comment and division.

The truth is that the group of people who are criticising the appointment of Ince are not large but very vocal.

I wasn't critising at all. I just don't understand why people are't willing to give things a chance before they have a go.

I wasn't critising at all. I just don't understand why people are't willing to give things a chance before they have a go.

My view is that a lot of the people who were not overwhelmed with the Ince appointment and somewhat alarmed with the pre season noises out of Ewood Park have been lablelled anti-ince and accused of not giving the manager a chance.

Now most people I have spoken to are what I would describe as Ince skeptics (myself included) and express this opinion on the message board. I have yet to see anyone stand on the ground and rant and rave about "Ince out", the manager IS getting a fair chance and hopefully us skeptics will be proven wrong - that would be great.

Please don't assume critique and skeptical opinion = no support for the manager,

Paul Ince is the manager of our club and if he endangers it he will get both barrels, if he brings success and trophies he will be treated better than royality. And between those extremes he will get my support and crititism proportionally.

I can't remember the last time you said anything that wasn't a desperate attempt to defend the manager

The manager is clearly more than capable of defending himself - through performances on the pitch (both from players he inherited and players he has brought in) - which are ramming your 4 months of snide criticism right back where it came from. Nobody's mentioned the 4th Division posse for a while. Or the shattered morale in the camp. Or even the sit-ups in training. Can't hear those demands for Castillo and Annan to be signed any more.

I did choose to defend Ince during the summer, because on this MB he was a dead man before a ball had been kicked thanks to posters like yourself. I have always backed the incumbent manager of my club, and always will.

Desperate attempt to defend the manager??! The only desperation around here at the moment is backtracking from people who judged Ince too early.

:rover::rover:

The manager is clearly more than capable of defending himself - through performances on the pitch (both from players he inherited and players he has brought in) - which are ramming your 4 months of snide criticism right back where it came from. Nobody's mentioned the 4th Division posse for a while. Or the shattered morale in the camp. Or even the sit-ups in training. Can't hear those demands for Castillo and Annan to be signed any more.

I did choose to defend Ince during the summer, because on this MB he was a dead man before a ball had been kicked thanks to posters like yourself. I have always backed the incumbent manager of my club, and always will.

Desperate attempt to defend the manager??! The only desperation around here at the moment is backtracking from people who judged Ince too early.

:rover::rover:

Amusing how your original point was that it was too early to judge the manager all the way up until 2 games ago, but now it's correct to say he's a success and those of us that were concerned were undoubtedly wrong? I think you need to make your mind up on how such things should work then come back to us all so we know what we're allowed to say and when :tu:

Amusing how your original point was that it was too early to judge the manager all the way up until 2 games ago, but now it's correct to say he's a success and those of us that were concerned were undoubtedly wrong? I think you need to make your mind up on how such things should work then come back to us all so we know what we're allowed to say and when :tu:

Straight away. You should start slagging off the manager immediately. Preferably before a ball has been kicked in anger.

"I did choose to defend Ince during the summer,"

"The only desperation around here at the moment is backtracking from people who judged Ince too early."

I know what you are meaning to say but that doesn't quite compute Tris. :wacko:

But beware of going overboard, it's still very early days yet Tris. In the prem we've played 6 matches against the following opponents....

1 Everton.... a club that is in apparent turmoil. A disillusioned manager and a paper thin squad.

2. Hull City... the suprise package of this season perhaps. Well organised and very fit. I think to date they are doing great but as the season pans out it will be apparent that they are punching slightly above their weight.

3. Fulham... good start but now sinking back to the more usual Fulham that we all know so well. Injuries to one or two could see them in touble.

4. WHU.. Strange and imbalanced result against a team like Everton in the crest of a financial slump.

4. Arsenal... a Jeckyll and Hyde start to the season. Hull and Fulham got Mr Hyde whilst we met Dr Jeckyll!

5. Newcastle... There can surely not have been a better time to play them as yesterday. By all accounts dispirited, disenchanted and demoralised.... and thats just the spectators!

We can of course only play the teams that the fixture list throws forward and 9 points is 9 points but up to now our 3 wins have all been against obviously mis-firing opposition.

imo our results do go a long way in illustrating the effects and value on the entire club's psyche of long term financial stability over the current easy come easy go philosophy. That can only be down to the owners.

I'll maintain this until 10-20 Premier League games have been played. It is still too early to judge Ince and say yes he is the right man for the job or no he isn't. My opinion is that he is proving he is the right man for the job and the signs are good. I said the same to my mates about Souness and Hughes. I still support him because that is supporting the team and I am pleased with the results. To rave about him right now is a bit premature but those that said he should never have been given the job and called for him to leave before the season started (and don't tell me there weren't any because I can clearly remember one individual in particular saying exactly that) need to learn to give the man the chance. I'm taking the balanced approach...

We can do that with most fixtures Gord:

Man Utd: A team not played particularly well, Ronaldo just back after injury and have only scoring 6 goals in 5 games.

Bolton: Struggling side languishing in the bottom 4.

Boro: Repeating their Jeckyl and Hyde nature by losing all 3 away games this season.

and I can continue, if you look intently at any side in the PL they all have something that they can use as an excuse, ultimately you have to beat the side in front of you and we have gained 10 points from 6 games, a decent return, having played some good football in their too, with a lengthy injury list too.

Signs are promising, lets see if Ince can learn from the mistakes of Arsenal at home.

:rover: thats the power off the internet for you,if some posters had been this anti-ince in public,order may have been disturbed :unsure::brfc:

"More mature"?

You having a laugh?

In age, you may be more mature, but in mentality, you are in with the Newcastle fans of the football world.

Hows golf coming along? Or have you decided stop stop moaning because a "Gosh, a *whispers* black person got the job", and go to Ewood? You mention this every day and I know people who haven't bothered to sign up to the site because of the attitude to Ince and black people/minorities in general by a few "select" members. They can't be bothered reading the snide drivel every day, and to be honest, I don't know why I bother either.

Now where's that "Ignore" function...

Hows golf coming along? Or have you decided stop stop moaning because a "Gosh, a *whispers* black person got the job", and go to Ewood? You mention this every day and I know people who haven't bothered to sign up to the site because of the attitude to Ince and black people/minorities in general by a few "select" members. They can't be bothered reading the snide drivel every day, and to be honest, I don't know why I bother either.

Who are these "select" members that dislike Ince because of the colour of his skin?

Please provide evidence for each person that you name.

Who are these "select" members that dislike Ince because of the colour of his skin?

Please provide evidence for each person that you name.

Nobody. It's all in mine and ADB's imagination.

I always accuse people of this with no foundation.

There has absolutely nothing been said that could cause any rational person to think in this way.

:)

Archived