BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers V Everton

Hasta

Well Ince has certianly give himself a bit of a headache. Currently squad only these guys can be certian of their place in the XI:

Cruz - shoo in, obviously.

Emerton - You never know where he will play, but he will play somewhere.

Simpson - Only real contender for the right back slot. Ooijer is too slow.

Robinson - if fit.

And, um, thats it. Roberts, Derbyshire, Carlos and now Fowler have made decent claims to partner Cruz. Injuries in central midfield to Dunn and Grella as seriously upset the applecart there. Tugya has been brilliant but is too old to really play every game. Reid has been awful. Andrews has done okay. Mokoena has a shout. Warncok came in and did a teriffic job. Vogel is coming back from injury. Who do you pick?

On top of that we seem to now have 4 decent left sided players - Olsson, Treacy, Warnock and Pedersen (shame none of them are rightsided!). And 4 centrebacks who have all played well recently.

I guess this is what Ince was aiming for, it will push the motivation levels inside the squad to keep you place very high. But it could be hard to get a position where we have a settled team.

ITS EXCITING :D

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Regarding to this, I feel its fun now to play the 'good old kiddish' Love/Hate game. Just to see on majority what we fans want which player to succeed this season

on their respective position.

Our defence pairing will be interesting to see who comes on top as all have their own fav player in them. :D

Excellent performance last night.

The starting line up was weird, but after kick off the 5 left sided players we had, gave the team great balance. Some outstanding performances. Ooijer really is too good a player not to be in our team. Kishi, as usual, never put a foot wrong. Simpson did well, he's improving by the game and Olssen also looked good.

Carlos was another shock playing right wing, but he did OK. Some nice touches from him, but my concern is where we will play him in a Prem 4-4-2 team. Warnock, to me mind was a revelation. He covered the whole of the park and the Everton lads couldn't compete with his all action display. Tugay was magnificent, as only Tugay can be.

Up front Derbs and Fowler caused numerous problems, - mainly because Lescott and Co had no-one to mark. A centre half likes a battle with a big number 9.Derbs wouldn't stand still long enough and Fowler used his class to find the room just behind Derbs. Fowler still has to prove that he's fit enough to start games in the Prem mind, - he was struggling with the pace of the game for much of the evening. One interesting point, - the substitutions. When Treacy and Carlos went off to be replaced by Ped and Rocky, we lost the pace of the game. We went back to the ball up to rocky, hoping he could hold it up for others. We stopped the run and move, very quick style of play the we had had all evening. That was possibly down to tiredness as well.

In general, rovers played a fast, positive game of football that hasn't been seen for a long time, well done.

As for Everton, - clueless, absolutely clueless. The big guy who played left side midfield, was he their £15m signing?

Excellent performance last night.

The starting line up was weird, but after kick off the 5 left sided players we had, gave the team great balance. Some outstanding performances. Ooijer really is too good a player not to be in our team. Kishi, as usual, never put a foot wrong. Simpson did well, he's improving by the game and Olssen also looked good.

Carlos was another shock playing right wing, but he did OK. Some nice touches from him, but my concern is where we will play him in a Prem 4-4-2 team. Warnock, to me mind was a revelation. He covered the whole of the park and the Everton lads couldn't compete with his all action display. Tugay was magnificent, as only Tugay can be.

Up front Derbs and Fowler caused numerous problems, - mainly because Lescott and Co had no-one to mark. A centre half likes a battle with a big number 9.Derbs wouldn't stand still long enough and Fowler used his class to find the room just behind Derbs. Fowler still has to prove that he's fit enough to start games in the Prem mind, - he was struggling with the pace of the game for much of the evening. One interesting point, - the substitutions. When Treacy and Carlos went off to be replaced by Ped and Rocky, we lost the pace of the game. We went back to the ball up to rocky, hoping he could hold it up for others. We stopped the run and move, very quick style of play the we had had all evening. That was possibly down to tiredness as well.

In general, rovers played a fast, positive game of football that hasn't been seen for a long time, well done.

As for Everton, - clueless, absolutely clueless. The big guy who played left side midfield, was he their £15m signing?

I'm glad you enjoyed the game. I have enjoyed reading all the reports but yours cheered me up the most. Hope it continues on Saturday.

No, the lad who started left midfield was a 17 year old called Jack Rodwell. He's supposed to be a very very talented boy but looked a fish out of water because he usually plays central defence or holding midfield - he's probably comparable to a young Rio Ferdinand. Did better in the second half.

The really tall guy with the big hair was their £15m signing. Only 20 years old but it does look an exorbitant amount of money based on his performance in the first half last night - not surprising to see him and Castillo taken off at half time. Looks like Ince made a smart move in avoiding Castillo.

I don't think you can put time and effort in to working with your first choice pairing, have it pay off in terms of a clean sheet in a league game, and then drop them for the next one. From a man-management aspect the best thing to do would be to stick with Nelsen and Samba, and let Zurab and Ooijer know they're very close to getting a game if either makes a mistake.

finally I agree with something you say!! :lol:

No, the lad who started left midfield was a 17 year old called Jack Rodwell. He's supposed to be a very very talented boy but looked a fish out of water because he usually plays central defence or holding midfield - he's probably comparable to a young Rio Ferdinand. Did better in the second half.

The really tall guy with the big hair was their £15m signing. Only 20 years old but it does look an exorbitant amount of money based on his performance in the first half last night - not surprising to see him and Castillo taken off at half time. Looks like Ince made a smart move in avoiding Castillo.

Thanks Bing. I did mean the tallest guy they had in midfield, - maybe he wasn't left wing. He didn't look to have any football in him. Castillo did nothing either, agreed on that.

The Toffee's fans, judging by the round booing of their team both at half time and full time, aren't happy with the current situation.

The good thing about last night was the way the lads played for the shirt. That also means playing for Ince proving that the spirit in the camp is top notch despite the garbage written in some quarters of the press.

Very good point. To me they seem alot closer and alot more determined than they did under Hughes. When we score nowadays, most of our team go over and congratulate them. Also Ince makes sure the whole team applauds the fans before they head off.

Agree with T4E - Samba/ Nelsen did well against Fulham so should play, however Zurab & Ooijer should be waiting for any slip up as they proved themselves again last night.

As for Everton's new midfielder, never a £15m player. Carlos £5m, Fellini £15m! Ha ha!

Key at weekend is to stop Owen, if we can do that then we have every chance. Hopefully make it 3 1-0's in a row.

Moyes will be out of Everton before the season's out, they were woeful. He has the look of a man who's ideas have run out and the shelf life has come to an end. Can't blame lack of investment either if he can shell out 15 million on that pudding they had in midfield last night.

Well, that was my first game of the season and I agree with a lot of what's been said.

I'd just add that Simpson put a huge amount of effort in. Olssen looked good, too.

Warnock didn't do badly at all in midfield, although against more experienced midfielders he would possibly be found out. However, watching him off the ball, what stood out was his captaincy. He really was talking to all the other players, the officials, the bench.

Put a lot in to make the team effort gel.

Villanueva is class. He plays the game and uses the ball with intelligence and skill. Some of his passes were fantastic and obviously instinctive.

Derbyshire was slightly worrying in that he didn't do anything to dispel his 'super sub' tag. Sant Cruz was far more assured and involved when he came on.

I'd keep Tugay in for a few games. He shows solidity and maturity and will buy Ince a few weeks to get others fit again.

I, too, noted the score to date - 4 wins, a draw & 2 defeats. Not bad 7 games in to Ince's first Premiership season.

Everton, I thought, were poor.

Newcastle must surely be a game the lads will be thinking they can win?

Moyes will be out of Everton before the season's out, they were woeful. He has the look of a man who's ideas have run out and the shelf life has come to an end. Can't blame lack of investment either if he can shell out 15 million on that pudding they had in midfield last night.

No, he won't. Moyes will be there for years, imo. His man-management always gets him off the hook.

He's not what I would call astute in the transfer market and his preference for direct football is a weakness, imo.

However, everytime there's a mini revolt at Goodison, the team come together and pull through - and still manage to finish high.

From BBC :

"Everton made a host of changes for the game resting Cahill, Mikel Arteta, Ayegbeni Yakubu and Leighton Baines.

As a result Blackburn made the brighter start and took the lead through Olsson who linked up well with Fowler to open the scoring. "

Thanks for this BBC Im sure we played an almost reserve squad tonight yet no mention of this.

Interesting to see that the BBC report has changed to

Both teams made a host of changes for the game, with Everton resting Cahill, Mikel Arteta, Yakubu and Leighton Baines and Blackburn making seven changes to the side which defeated Fulham at the weekend.

:rover: really enjoyed last night,what more tnd and 1864 2 off ince's biggest detracters were not there to see it :D .TUGAY was out off this world,fowler looked rusty,should never start a premier game but what a sub.oojjer and zurab have showed ince how good they are,now has he the balls to make changes :brfc:

One interesting point, - the substitutions. When Treacy and Carlos went off to be replaced by Ped and Rocky, we lost the pace of the game. We went back to the ball up to rocky, hoping he could hold it up for others. We stopped the run and move, very quick style of play the we had had all evening. That was possibly down to tiredness as well.

I thought that as well den, very noticeable. I also thought Roque wasn't exactly overextending himself when he came on, but wouldn't criticise him for that as I was amazed he got any time on the pitch at all bearing in mind the risk of injury. However Ince probably thought we needed another outlet to relieve the pressure that had been building up.

However I'm sure in the long term Roque and Roberts would be just as, if not even more, effective if we played quality stuff into them along the ground as well, instead of long high punts upfield?

I thought that as well den, very noticeable. I also thought Roque wasn't exactly overextending himself when he came on, but wouldn't criticise him for that as I was amazed he got any time on the pitch at all bearing in mind the risk of injury. However Ince probably thought we needed another outlet to relieve the pressure that had been building up.

However I'm sure in the long term Roque and Roberts would be just as, if not even more, effective if we played quality stuff into them along the ground as well, instead of long high punts upfield?

:rover: is that not down to robbo trying to score from every kick :blink::brfc:

Interesting to see that the BBC report has changed to

Both teams made a host of changes for the game, with Everton resting Cahill, Mikel Arteta, Yakubu and Leighton Baines and Blackburn making seven changes to the side which defeated Fulham at the weekend.

Someone started a thread about the original comment on 606 so looks like it got picked up on and changed. Rightly so!

Archived