BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Match Preview: Manchester United (october 4, Ewood Park, 17:30)

ManicRover

• Replies 463
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Treacy on for MGP at last. Villanueva better be next on but it will probably be someone like Andrews!

Why did I have to be right??!!!!!!!

We are yet to lose when Carlos plays and just look a better team when he plays. Oh well too late now. Save him for Notlob

the truly depressing thing about this isn't the score or even that we're so outclassed. It's the mentality of our players. We were well beaten even before the first whistle. And they don't even seem to care. It is obvious they are resigned to being a team of the class of Bolton or Fulham, and can't get passed that. Either Ince shares this mentality, or he has failed to give them courage and hope.

The only bright spot in this rainstorm of darkness is Brown. He has put in an almost Brad-Friedel like performance today. It is going to be ridiculous if he loses his place to Robinson.

expected nowt, and can some muppets get over the fact we can't afford 100.000k a week wages and 30m transfer fees.........or simply go and support united! Expectations of people on here are ridiculous...........losing to united, great, wow, not exactly rotherham is it. Roll on the next game.

Very positive "fans"

I would be a "positive fan" if we had shown the spirit of old against Manchester United, today we haven't, today we were spineless, with the only positive thing of todays match being the outstanding performance of Brown...

Why on Earth do we still persist in playing MGP, I had hoped that would have passed with the arrival of Ince, he is a liability.

Never mind at least it was only 2 - 0 it could have quite easily been 5 or 6 nil

The only bright spot in this rainstorm of darkness is Brown. He has put in an almost Brad-Friedel like performance today. It is going to be ridiculous if he loses his place to Robinson.

I agree. The only positive has been the performance of Brown, who has proven himself to be a more than able deputy but he will be back on the bench next weekend. Although I did think that Treacy did ok when he came on. He looked to get at Wes Brown and looked to get balls into the box, even though they were not of the best quality.

Poor performance but United were very good and on that surface were majestic.

We need Grella fit and Villa starting, hopefully Cruz will be fit as we have a two week break.

Bring on the next game!!

Just one question: who the hell were marking the United runners? There was at least 5 occasions where one ball split Nelsen and Samba in two and only for a mixture of Brown and bad finishing did this scoreline stay respectable.

Ince's decision to drop Carlos meant that our side was totally void of any creativity. We could have played all night and not scored. Depressing, depressing evening.

Man Utd are a better side than us and played better on paper, we did okay in patches but just couldn't get out of our half, they played pretty well, end of.

Nobody particulary stood out other than perhaps Brown and Santa Cruz for his work ethic but for me nobody was particularly poor either, MGP was disappointing going forward but worked quite hard defensively.

We were outclassed and there is no shame in losing 2-0 to Man Utd.

If you want to dig deeper then the first goal was questionable and if we went in 0-0 at half time who knows what might have happened.

Roll on with the next game.

Todays game reminded me of the 1-0 defeat we suffered to them a few seasons back when Saha got the winner. It was a very rainy day and similar conditions, 5:15pm kick off and similar outcome. Rovers were poor today, few slips here and there in crucial positions but that still does not mean we perform how we did. United dominated us from start to end. If Derbyshire put away his chance it would have been a complete different game. However, Ince stated this in his Press Conference and once again he is right. We need to take our chances, especially against the likes of United when chances are few and far between. Santa Cruz looks to have a Hamstring injury. Its 2 weeks off for the lads to come back and regroup. We have Bolton next, which is a winnable game and I as well as many Rovers fans would expect 3 points.

To clarify, Mark Hughes only got 4 points last season VS the "big 4" all of them being draws. So before the "anti-Ince brigade" trods along, we were playing against a qulaity United side that are beginning to click together.

Archived