BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Match Preview: Manchester United (october 4, Ewood Park, 17:30)

ManicRover

• Replies 463
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't see us winning and I think the defeat will be a heavy 3 or 4-0 result.

If you let Man United play to their strengths they will murder you. You need to harass them, don't give them time on the ball and close them down. With Ince's inexperience at managing at this level and against sides like Arsenal and Man United I can only see a defeat on the cards.

Remember, it took Hughes some time to get his tactics right against the “elite clubs” in the league and I think it will be the same for Ince.

Looking like I will have to face some banter on Saturday evening from my father who is a lifelong united fan.

I always think the key to a result against the top teams is a combination of how well our keeper/ defence works, and how effective their attack is. Last season Brad was immense-some poster in a different thread argued we could have conceded 6. The last game I went to was Fulham-who are not one of the best teams. They didn't score, but that wasn't because our defence prevented them making any chances: they missed the few that they made-and I noticed Zamora went on to miss some good chances in a later game for Fulham. So, MU are likely to make chances, some of which I would estimate we will not be able to stop them scoring. Whether they put them away or not will depend on their quality. I would expect them to score.

Will we score? i certainly think we have the potential to score, but I would be surprised to see us score more than one. I'm not a betting person, but i would expect they are the favourites to win.

I know people wil refer me to the Arsenal game, but i dont think sitting back against United is the best thing to do. We need to attack them, and by attacking them, it means Ronaldo wil be having to do more defending than attacking. If we sit back, we wil get thrashed. However i would rather go down 3-0 but have created enough chances to win the game ourselves.

And the irish and other fans will pay it. Are things that bad there in Blackburn?

According to an official survey this week, Blackburn has the highest percentage of children born into poverty. 67% of children born in Blackburn fall below the poverty line. The highest percentage town in the country.

A terrible terrible indictment of government local and national since the War.

No Celtic/Blackburn tiger here

Think its going to kick off, on the pitch and sadly off it. I hate going to/from Ewood when the scum are in town, they really are the worst of the lot - a 5.30 kick off should make for a cracking atmophere, and probably more drunken Mancs/southerners throwing pint glasses at people/buses/police horses from the safety of the Fernhurst carpark. Scum.

To echo King Kev;

I would love it, just love it if we beat them.

But I can't see it.

1-3

2 sendings offs.

Prove me wrong Rovers. If they can't get themselves psyched up for this one we've got to worry - has to be better than the limp show against the Gooners.

Roberts has to start, he was brilliant against them last season.

We need to play a 4-5-1 formation with Carlos given a free/playmaker role, while the other two central midfielders hold the lines. Carlos strikes me as the key to getting anything out of this match, and if we can resist the attacks and counter through the middle then it might even the playing field for us a bit.

Come on Rovers, I NEED you to not lose this one!

I'm with you on that one, but keep in mind the Pinapple won't roll for the full 90 minutes, so Blackburn needs a plan 'B' that doesn't use a free/play maker.

If I were manager, this is what I'd do........

Tell the players we are going to play with ten men. Better get used to it. We play with ten.

But so do they! They will only have ten men as well.

BECAUSE............... Stephen Warnock, although listed on the team sheet, will shadow Ronaldo everywhere, and I mean EVERYWHERE even if Ronaldo is off the pitch having treatment!

Warnock will not allow Ronaldo to do anything with the ball. He will stop the ball reaching Ronaldo.

And I say to the other players, the ten men, "Do not expect Warnock to help you if you get into difficulty with your own opponent because Warnock is the eleventh man; he doesn't exist. For you are a ten man team playing against a ten man United who have no Ronaldo".

Don't ask me about plan B :rolleyes:

Maybe we should train for 6 vs 6 after we get Rooney, Berbatov, Tevez and Nani marked too. If Scholes wasn't crocked we could have played 5-a-side. The FA might have even let us use little goalposts then as well.

Thought Rooney was already crocked or is it a case of doubtful as always means he'll play a blinder?

Thought Rooney was already crocked or is it a case of doubtful as always means he'll play a blinder?

To be fair Rooney has always done very little against Rovers for United. (As has Ronaldo when he plays at Ewood but I'll say that quietly.)

Couple of interesting things:

Manchester United have managed just one win at Ewood Park in their last eight visits since 1999; that being 0-1 on 11 November 2006 when Louis Saha got the winner.

Blackburn have dropped more points (61) and conceded more goals (49) to Manchester United than any other club in the Premier League

Blackburn Rovers inflicted on Manchester United their club record league loss; losing 0-7 in the top-flight on 10 April 1926

at Blackburn only

League (inc PL): Blackburn 18 wins, Man United 15, Draws 12

Ref is Alan Wiley. In the 5 games he has been ref, the away side have won 4 of them.

Manchester United have managed just one win at Ewood Park in their last eight visits since 1999; that being 0-1 on 11 November 2006 when Louis Saha got the winner.

Ref is Alan Wiley. In the 5 games he has been ref, the away side have won 4 of them.

Bugger, we're gonna lose then!

last night i dreamt about pammy anderson

Sorry Abbey, you must have had sloppy seconds then

Meanwhile...

I just hope we turn up and make it bloody hard for them, I want to see us in their faces, I want to see Ronaldo throwing his arms about because Warnock in his pocket, I'd love to see Ferguson pointing @ his watch and most of all, I'd like to see "RIO" in the Midfield or heading past the Cloggy in the sticks.

Just been looking at the squads to the game and I noticed that manure's centre midfield will consist of 2 from Anderson, Giggs, O'Shea and Fletcher. It will be relatively weak in comparison to when we have played them previously. You never know Andrews may even hold his own against O'Shea :P I reckon they will miss the class that Scholes and Carrick bring to that area so we should take advantage and have a go at them. Warnock can sort out Ronaldo, Samba can make Berbatov even more moodier (if possible) and they will not be that special. I would like to see us have a real go and if we do we could pinch it, I honestly believe. If we go down by 3 or so goals cos of having a go at least we would have tried. If we go down by few goals and haven't put them under any pressure then it will be annoying!

Archived