BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Jason Banton

den

He'd been at Arsenal for eight years, so it's helluva coup for Rovers - especially as they were actively looking for strikers at his age.

He has a Shearer-like record of scoring on his debut ;-)

Still, he's only 15 and no matter how highly rated he is, optimism needs to be tempered with realism. Talk from the 'media' alluding his move here with Bentley's is a tad excessive.

Poor lad, 15 yeaRS OLD completely overhyped with the highest of expectations placed on his shoulders to deliver, why o why couldnt he just come in quietly allowed time to settle and no extraordinary expectations placed on him.

Why?

Poor lad, 15 yeaRS OLD completely overhyped with the highest of expectations placed on his shoulders to deliver why o why couldnt he just come in quietly allowed time to settle and no extaordinary expectations placed on him.

Why?

Ask the journos JAL ;) Maybe Nicko needed to earn some corn?

15 or 16 doesnt really matter - the fact that he has made it to the top of his level for his age is a good sign.

I like how Ince & his team are looking for young quality players to progress, aswell as trying to find other gems from trials etc like Hughes did.

Has he actually signed?

Just read kamy in the Ecclestone thread and he has. Exciting development.

So are we going to put the Academy side on ther field at Sunderland in the League Cup tie?

Yes he has signed for the academy it appeared in the LET earlier on today.

Well I cant remember too many 15 year olds thats Hughes & Co went taking off the likes of Arsenal and Liverpool. I can remember older players, but not youth players.

You are right & its great it would also great if we had the luxury of jumping to the top of the queue for every player out there, young & old! but you cant have it all!?! We have to be looking at rough diamonds, otherwise i cant see us with any excitement in our team for a long time as we cannot afford them!

He can't be upto much if Wenger's let him go at 15....either that or he's no bottle to compete with the big boys

Tad presumptuous and fatalistic comment there; or is it just good ole Blackburn cynicism?

Clearly, the fact Wenger kept him there for 8 years and the decision to leave was taken by the player is lost on you.

Dont think so because I dont think he had signed his professional contract and left them. We didnt poach him and he isnt 17 so surely cant be contracted?

He'll be a first year scholar, on Academy terms, until he's second year/17 when he'll go on a pro contract I'd suggest.

Archived