BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Middlesbrough Preview

chocky

Hope I'm not tempting fate here but we have such a good history against Middlesbrough, well actually against North East clubs in general, I think this is a banker. I have to say that so far we have actually done quite well, apart from that weird game against West Ham who we can never seem to beat at the Boleyn. I don't know the stats, maybe one of those stat geeks will fill in the actual past results for this fixture, but last season was a draw but I have a good feeling about this match. I am predicting a 3-1 win, seeing as we can't seem to keep a clean sheet if we tried I think Middlesbrough will score. Rovers are going well in the league cup too' so let's hope the boys can make us happy and give the win we are (well most of us) are expecting. I think there are quite a lot of similarities between our two clubs. Both small town teams, both not very fasionable, both maybe descibed as punching above their weight, (I hate this cliché but can't think of a better one), both have young, Englishmen as their manager, our crowds can be described as low but that can be atributed in, Rovers case, to the low population and the fact we don't have a large glory base. I'm going to this one so I want to come back here happy this time...

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply
A relegation six-pointer.

Boro will be nervous after a severe beating from Chelsea; we are playing shocking football under Ince.

A drab 1-1 draw.

I feel sorry that you have a blinkered view of Ince. I suppose it is the way of the world now. Instant gratification.

I always see Middlesborough as a tough fixture. The preverbial banana skin.

Since the Premier league began Rovers and Middlesborough have been in the Prem at the same time eleven seasons.

Rovers have won 9 drawn 5 and lost 8

At home won 4 drawn 5 and lost 2

Not really an easy fixture as I see it.

I think it is a case of which Middlesborough team turn up, the young side with so much potential or the team that wishes to go home as soon as poss.

I always see Middlesborough as a tough fixture. The preverbial banana skin.

Since the Premier league began Rovers and Middlesborough have been in the Prem at the same time eleven seasons.

Rovers have won 9 drawn 5 and lost 8

At home won 4 drawn 5 and lost 2

Not really an easy fixture as I see it.

I think it is a case of which Middlesborough team turn up, the young side with so much potential or the team that wishes to go home as soon as poss.

I know I tipped Boro to do well this season and they are not doing but Dave has made exactly the points I was going to.

Rovers are going to have to be on top form to get the three points from this one. Thankfully, apart from Dunn and Reid, it looks like Ince will have the full squad to select from so this is going to be a big test of his skills as a Manager.

At this point, I think a 1-1 draw is the most likely outcome. I do expect it will be a very good match and that the poor crowd will be richly entertained.

Preferred lineup:

Robinson

Simpson - Ooijer - Nelsen - Warnock

Emerton - Grella - Tugay - Gamst Pedersen/Treacy

Villanueva (in the hole between the midfield and Santa)

Santa Cruz

Got a really bad feeling about this game, but then again, I'm almost always pessimistic before a Rovers match. Picking up three points against "lesser" sides such as Boro is imperative.

Rovers have to go 4-4-2 for this game.

Boro will be smarting and nervous and Rovers will therefore have to work hard to get the Boro team to come out of an defensive shell.

Rovers to drop Samba LC ? WTF is all that aout ?

Definately have to see Benni Mac up front with Roberts if RSC is not fit enough.

Definately have to have Emerton and MGP on the flanks.

Will be sorry to see Ooijer dropped to the bench for this game because its one of the 6 pointer games that we have to win.

2-1 Rovers

boro is a really tough game-im expecting a backlash..there a hard team to play-i remember last season they outplayed but we still won..

my team would be something like

.............................robinson............................

simpson.....samba.....nelsen........warnock...........

emerton.......grella....tugay........pedersen...........

...............santa cruz...........mcarthy...................

its abit unfair to drop ooijer but the way nelsen and samba played on saturday i think its only right they continue there-and simpson can handle the pace of downing..warnock back to left back i think aswell...with more training grella should be ready aswell...

id also have pedersen coming in villaneuva-who i think should just have sub appearances for now..

mcarthy looked hungry on saturday-therefore i would start him..

if santa cruz aint fit-i think roberts should play..

BIG game for us. Win will take us to 14pts, and joint 5th bar goal difference (If only for a day), a loss will hurt and possibly put us under abit more pressure and abit of panic may set in. I think this is a key weekend for us. Alot of our rivals play in Europe, then the sunday, followed by Wednesday so some form could be affected.

I think we should win and will win this game. Im going for a 2-0. Hopefully Roque & Benni will be upfront. Samba & Robinson to have another solid game.

A massive massive game.

The biggest one so far.

agree, this is one of rovers main rivals this season, so we should be looking to beat them at home.

as for the squad selection, i have no idea, only because we have a big squad. im not sure we have figured out our best squad yet.

this is the type of game to make your hair go grey.

2-1 rovers.

The only game of the season I actually want the Boro to lose (well, the only 2 since I also love it when we beat them at the Riverside). all my family are Teesiders and some are Boro season ticket holders. Spent my formative years in the Holgate end at Ayresome, but still hoping we absolutely hammer them.

Well it was only poor finishing from Tuncay that kept us from defeat last season. This is a massive game for us. Our home form has generally been indifferent to poor and we need a good performance from the lads on Saturday. Sadly I think they'll do us 1-2.

A massive massive game.

The biggest one so far.

Agreed - these are the games when we'll learn most about the Magnum regime, when he has to take the initiative and force a positive result.

Archived