BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The Sunderland Preview Mark II

Flopsy

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the team selection and substitutions, have been utterly mind boggling. if we cant beat average teams at home, and we continue to drop points at home,then we are in serious trouble. how long can we continue, with ince, clearly his "we not in the relegation zone yet" comment at his 1st press conference,has finally come true. so many good choices of managers, and we ended up with this clown. Allardyce,to come out of unemployment.

I was one that said give Ince a chance..But I am starting to think I was wrong. He cannot seem to motivate a good squad of players even when we are in a winning position...We are in the @#/?..

There are so many negatives so far this season. Mokoena and Andrews has to be the weakest centre midfield pairing we've had for a long time!

13 games played and already -10 goal difference!

next 5 games

Spurs away

Pompy away

liverpool home

wigan away

stoke home

by the time we play Stoke we WILL be bottom....

Think these next 5 games will go along way to settlling ours and Ince's Premier League future somehow.

We are going down at this rate. What happened to the steely hard to beat winning mentality of last season. Teams used to fear playing us, now they look forward to it! I think were paying for some of the poor transfers made in the summer :(

I don't think it has anything to do with the transfer signings. More the lack of transfers.

We all knew our defence and right wing needed work but nothing was done.

We went in at half-time 1-0 up, and came out looking like a much more negative team. Im sorry, this is a clear indicator of poor man management and lack of inspiration.

After our half-time team talks, and what was said about the players reactions to the Ince signing, im wondering whether their is some truth in it...

We need to make the management change now, and give the new manager time to decide who he wants to sign...

Im thinking Curbishly could do a brilliant job for us at present, the least he will do is anable us to play well in the second half of matches...

Furious at losing this game especially after the domination in the first half. I expected a Sunderland backlash after half-time but we really capitulated and gave them this result.

Yeah we played well in the first half but what do we have to show for it? 0 points.

Worrying times for Rovers indeed, if results keep going like this then Ince will be gone by January. Also if Ince is sacked then our transfer budget will probably be wiped out as well due to the compensation we will have to pay out. That rules out buying ourselves out of trouble and If we are in the relegation spots some players could want out as well.

Ince wasn’t my choice, I was part of the wait and see brigade. If Ince doesn’t turn it around fast he is gone. My gut feeling is that he has taken a job at this level too early and he probably needs a season under his belt. Can we afford to wait and see if he can turn it around?

Furious at losing this game especially after the domination in the first half. I expected a Sunderland backlash after half-time but we really capitulated and gave them this result.

Yeah we played well in the first half but what do we have to show for it? 0 points.

Worrying times for Rovers indeed, if results keep going like this then Ince will be gone by January. Also if Ince is sacked then our transfer budget will probably be wiped out as well due to the compensation we will have to pay out. That rules out buying ourselves out of trouble and If we are in the relegation spots some players could want out as well.

Ince wasn’t my choice, I was part of the wait and see brigade. If Ince doesn’t turn it around fast he is gone. My gut feeling is that he has taken a job at this level too early and he probably needs a season under his belt. Can we afford to wait and see if he can turn it around?

No, the compo will not wipe out the transfer kitty- nowhere near in fact.

I think if Ince doesn't get results against Spurs and Pompey, he will be gone.

No, the compo will not wipe out the transfer kitty- nowhere near in fact.

I think if Ince doesn't get results against Spurs and Pompey, he will be gone.

there arent many good candidates out there to replace him.

edit: Williams is the real person to blame for this. He did not choose the best candidate for the job.

My gut feeling is that he'll never make it as a Premier League manager. His attitude towards so many things is all wrong:

After the McLaren debacle, he was one of the few backwards voices claiming we still should only choose British managers.

He refused to take his coaching badges with the sheer arrogance that maybe they might help a manager of limited experience. If I was inexperienced I'd be willing to take all the help I could get.

He sounds like he's had a lobotomy in interviews. How is the same man meant to inspire his players?

Very disappointing. First half I thought we looked great, the better team. We drove forward and had a few great chances, especially from set pieces. Pedersen seemed to look like he was playing well also. When we grabbed the late goal, everything was rosey. Going in at half time one up, fantastic.

Second half, what happened?! Seemed like a completely different set of players. 2nd to every ball. no quality in the passing, giving it away etc etc. It was inevitable that Sunderland would equalise. Once they did, did it give us a kick up the backside? Nope, Sunderland just dominated even more. Feel sorry for Robbo, had been praising him to my friends, as he has been fantastic lately, but was at fault for their second goal. I hate it when Goalies punch instead of catching.

I fear the worse this season. We AREN'T too good to go down either. Take Santa Cruz and Robinson out the team and we are average at best.

Archived