BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The Sunderland Preview Mark II

Flopsy

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

People are calling for the pro Ince brigade. Well here is one.

I have stood by his appointment and felt he should be given time. I refuse to call for his head.

However, i am wracking my brain for an argument to defend him. Not as an individual, but his team. Other than his horrendous injury list i am stumped.

If we cut our losses and sack him what will we do? Who can replace him? Will we have the money to pay anyone better? Will we have have the transfer funds to attract anyone better?

Its on this basis i think we have to stick with him. I cannot defend todays performance but who else will do any better. I think someone suggested Martinez, but that is not the answer. I honestly don't think this is solely Inces fault. I think it proves just what a great job Hughes did.

We are in deep, deep sh*t. Tottenham's defeat means that they'll definitely win next week. Our descent into the bottom three has been all too predictable; mediocre recruits, an untested manager without any significant pedigree and a distinct lack of creativity signal distressing times. How the board hasn't seen this coming (considering it's been obvious to many supporters) is beyond me.

Some comments:

I have followed Rovers since 1964. Now I live in Asia. I was at Ewood this season for the Arsenal game. I have watched every Rovers match for years via cable TV.

Any side that plays Roberts, Mokoena, Andrews (who was actually better today) and Ooijer in the same team is planning for the Championship.

MGP tried but looks a shadow of 2 years ago. Perhaps he spends too much energy giving interviews.

Clemence was in the crowd and Robinson's gift to Jones made RC look to the heavens.

We pass well at times but final 3rd forget it. Today we were better than Sunderland but if its not in the spud bag it doesn't count.

Samba was class and Tugay can still do it - even if for only for 20 or so minutes.

If Derbyshire is Premiership then so is my 3 year old son.

Play Warnock at f****** left back.

I'm sure Ince is trying his best but he is bloody crap and ffs what is Knox's role?

Excuse my ramblings but I sunk a few beers in the 2nd half - it was the only way I could cope.

no more excuses, we have a good squad but with a poor management team. enough is enough, JW needs to take responsibility for this chaos. we role our best right winger and didnt replace him with anybody. ince must (Please don't use that word again) off, because im getting upset with this utter garbage.

Well what a @#/? day! Rovers get turned over at home and I lose 400 big ones because Leicester couldn't hold on to a 2-0 lead in the last 10 mins!

Ince is totally clueless, playing players out of position again and I think he's finished. Why doesn't he do the decent thing and resign because this is just not working out.

I've been quite positive about Ince until now, but this game was really, really, really something we needed to win. That didnt happen, so what next?

There's atleast a couple examples in the recent history in PL, when an established and long serving manager leaves a bottom-half -sized club that he has been able to make overachieve season after another. Charlton with Curbishley and Bolton with Big-Sam. Both hired an unexperienced manager like we did. Both fired the unexperienced manager and hired a more experienced manager. One stayed up, one went down. If we let Ince go and hire a new manager, which undoubtly will be a more experienced one, will that be an improvement? Or should we see what's behind the door number 3, staying with Ince? Tough one.

it wont be very popular but if Ince were to go then i'd get Big Sam in

I'd much rather have Curbs then Sam...

Curbs has much more in his management style then Sam. He can also organise his teams to play a good second half as well. ala the 4-1 drubbing they gave us earlier in the season.

Curbs would be brilliant for us... Also, along with Sam, he is a free agent...

I'd much rather have Curbs then Sam...

Curbs has much more in his management style then Sam. He can also organise his teams to play a good second half as well. ala the 4-1 drubbing they gave us earlier in the season.

Curbs would be brilliant for us... Also, along with Sam, he is a free agent...

have to disagree there.

it wont be very popular but if Ince were to go then i'd get Big Sam in

I agree he is a viable option, but would want to survey the market properly first. I was against his appointment when Hughes left (Laudrup was my first choice by a wide margin), but I held him in higher esteem than Ince and I would expect him to at least steady the ship.

Check the threads when we were discussing who should be our new manager, a clear majority don't want Allardyce near the club. I was one of them and my views haven't changed.

Hence why i said it wouldn't be popular.

Purely on the basis of premiership survival, he is the best man for the job in my opinion

Archived