BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The Sunderland Preview Mark II

Flopsy

Paul

there is nothing wrong in showing your passion for your team.

I was very much the same today but for me its worse living with Bolton supporters ;)

We were shocking today and like Den points out, our only chances came from set pieces. With players like RSC we should be scoring goals for fun but we simply dont have the material to create.

JHC even the pies were awful today :huh:

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Paul Ince will not lead us away from relegation and he must be replaced at the first opportunity.

Please don't ask me who. I don't care who it is. I'll take Allardyce if it means safety because at the present Rovers are in total freefall and facing certain relegation.

A caller to radio rovers made the point that Allardyce wasn't wanted because of his long ball game, - but added that that's all we're watching now.

Ironically everytime Roque is playing the long ball is whats being played at every opportunity...

Yes, we are pulling out one off results, albeit not even that often to keep us safe at this rate, but there is no consistency, or signs of encouragement.

Ince might be a nice guy who is trying his best, and he is passionate but...

Ironically everytime Roque is playing the long ball is whats being played at every opportunity...

Yes, we are pulling out one off results, albeit not even that often to keep us safe at this rate, but there is no consistency, or signs of encouragement.

Ince might be a nice guy who is trying his best, and he is passionate but...

pants?

I though the thread here pretty much summed the game up but I think the first half was still poor. We had no one in midfield all the game who looked capable of holding the ball up and playing it along the ground. The two Sunderland players who were there for the taking were the Centre Backs but the 100ft high balls gave no one a chance. RSC is better on the ground (see Paraguay games) but he isn't getting a chance. 451 at home at 1-1 is capitulation. Tugay is past it but made a difference. We don't have 5 games.

The keeper is a shocker folks, been saying it all season - HE CAN"T CATCH EVEN A SIMPLE CROSS!

Time for a change but you know they won't pay the compo. Stupid Stupid cheap appointment. Maybe he'll resign - he must know he's so far out of his depth it's laughable.

OWEN COYLE FOR MANAGER!

1. It would seriously hack off Burnley

2. He hasnt done a bad job at any club he has managed, including Burnley. 63% Success rate at Falkirk, 47% at St. Johnstone and what looks like a promotion worthy 42% at Burnley!

3. He seems to know the best positions for his players. Unlike Paul (Ooijer Left-Back, Warnock Center-Midfield, Carlos Center-Forward, Derbs Right-Midfield, Tugay Left-Midfield) Ince... :huh::lol:

I though the thread here pretty much summed the game up but I think the first half was still poor. We had no one in midfield all the game who looked capable of holding the ball up and playing it along the ground.

Just can't for the life of me see why he doesn't give Vogel a chance- how bad can he be in training?

Ince out, he is clueless and is taking this club backwards. Didn't the fans walking out with 15 left show Williams that he should swallow his pride and admit its not going to work. A completely disgusting performance second half, we were ran ragged and just sat back and soaked it up, even at 2-1 (until Tugay came on).

Robinson 6 Was at fault for a goal

Simpson 6

Samba 7

Khiz 7

Ooijer 6 He's a centre back not a left back

Andrews 6 Did okay first half but out of position

Mokoena 6.5 Did quite well

Warnock 5 Couldn't pass to a man second half

Pedersen 6 His set pieces were good :huh:

Roberts 4 :o

Roque 6 Did little really, but bad service

Tugay 7.5 Actually looked capable of doing something

Derbs 5

I'd give half those scores - did you leave at half time?

OWEN COYLE FOR MANAGER!

1. It would seriously hack off Burnley

2. He hasnt done a bad job at any club he has managed, including Burnley. 63% Success rate at Falkirk, 47% at St. Johnstone and what looks like a promotion worthy 42% at Burnley!

3. He seems to know the best positions for his players. Unlike Paul (Ooijer Left-Back, Warnock Center-Midfield, Carlos Center-Forward, Derbs Right-Midfield, Tugay Left-Midfield) Ince... :huh::lol:

Based on current fom it's not inconceivable that Burnley could come up just as we go down.

(and why am I still on a 25% warn ? are you lot upstairs on the blob ?)

Eh? hasn't Robbo been one of the few shining lights so far in this shambles of a season? :blink:

No comments from Ince today just a glum looking Mathias?

No - sorry - he flaps at everything - stops shots - but do you think he can catch? He hasn't nearly enough at this level.

Mathias is out of his depth by a country mile too.

We're at our Sammy Lee moment now - carry on with Ince and we'll be going down I'm confident of that. As I said last week name me three teams that are worse than we are . I'm still waiting for a rational response to that question. Forget Stoke getting a banging today, who's got the most fight in them us or Stoke ? I'm just glad we're not playing them next week. I'm also glad we missed Burnley in the draw today, the way we are playing they'd turn us over home or away.

Why is that we can't retain the lead in a game for longer than about 5 minutes ? Why is it the team is radically different from game to game? Why are we suffering injury after injury ? why is Vogel frozen out ?

When we chose Ince I was less than impressed and he's gone downhill from that moment.

Allardyce or Curbishley I don't care ,they'd both be an improvement in my opinion.

Williams and co gambled on the 3 promoted teams going straight back down and thought that Ince would have a season to learn the ropes, well I've got news for them, he hasn't. Their next decision is the biggest they'll ever make and they need to make it soon ,we can't allow Ince to make the critical spending decisions that will decide our future.

Just sat here, still glum as hell watching the Donny v Ipswich game.

Thinking about potential managers coming to Ewood.

Sam Allardyce

Alan Curbishly

Ruud Gullit

Gianluca Vialli

Aidy Boothroyd !

King Kenny

Souness

Riikard ?

managers who might be tempted at other clubs ?

Bruce @ Wigan ?

McCleish @ Brum ?

Mccarthy @ Wolves ?

Foreign managers ?

Jol @ Hamburg ?

Ten Cate @ Greece ?

There is not a lot about

No way Roberto Martinez. It would be the same as Ince coming in the summer.

We need a proven DO-ER.

Allardyce for me. No questions about it...No fancy nancy football right now. Id love it but we cant even risk it. We need a Sparky job from the season he joined us. Make us tough to beat and we have much better players than back then.

I've always remained quite neutral on the appointment of Ince but I'm afraid to say today he got it completely wrong.

First half we looked okay, but Sunderland were happy to sit back and soak up the pressure we only really threatened from set pieces (which here much improved from Pedersen). From the start of the second half Sunderland started to put us under pressure and attack us. At this point we just lot the plot completely, nobody wanted the ball, nobody calmed the situation down by putting their foot on the ball and I lost count of the number of aimless long balls that went out of play or through to thier keeper. This was not helped by the combinaiton of Mokeona and Warnock in central midfield who are not exactly the ideal players to be putitng their foot on the ball and passing it around. Then you've got Simpson and Ooijer who have both got terrible distrubution. Add all this together you get the dire, pathetic performance we saw in the second half. I can honestly say that's the worst 45 minutes I've seen Rovers play in many a year.

Don't even get me started on Roberts. I was reading the bit on the prgramme about how PI likes to look at ProZone to anyalsis performance, but anyone with eyes can sould see that Roberts was utterly useless, coincidence he's suddenyl gone even more usless than he was before since he signed his new contract?

Even Roque looked a little off the pace. The only positives I can take out of the game was that Andrews did well in the first half, but he's clealy not a right winger and also I muched improved performance from Samba.

Now just a few more points about what I think should be done if we are going to get out of this mess:

- Put Warnock back at left-back. He's a quality LB but an average central midfield. He lacks the passing or creativity skills to be a quality midfielder.

- Danny Simpson, get shut. Fergie obviously doesn't rate him and neither do I. He can't cross, can't pass and gets out of position far to often.

- Jason Roberts, He shouldn't be anywhere near the starting eleven.

- Keep a settled side, especially the back four. Keep a settled back four so that players can build up some sort of partnership. Personally I'd say Ooijer, Samba, Zurab, Warnock should be our back four.

- Play Tugay in home games, he's the only central midfield currently fit who's capable of passing the ball accurately.

- Get Emerton back fit pronto and buy a new right midfielder in January. I was one who said I wasn't really a fan of Pennant's but I'd definately have him here now or anyone who's first choice positon is RM and is of good quality really.

- We can't afford to lose to average teams like Sunderland. Yes, average that's what Sunderland are nothing more.

That's about it. Rather downhearted about today's game but on the bright side surely we can't play any worse than that next game.

Blackburn manager Paul Ince:

"It was a mistake [from Robinson] as he just came at the wrong time. But he has been outstanding for us and we are all in this together. I have just had a go at the players as I am upset and angry.

"We could have been three or four goals ahead by half-time. We got punished in the second half. It was a diabolical performance and the players should be a bit embarrassed by what happened."

from bbc

pass the buck Paul, its YOUR fault you moron

Archived