BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Spurs Preview

philipl

• Replies 646
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I reckon we should adopt a shoot on sight policy if Gomes stays in goal :P We can have Pedersen, Carlos, Tugay etc firing them in and getting Santa and Derbs to chase them in ready for when Gomes gifts us one :D

Sorry if I have missed this but where is Warnock? Is he suspended or injured? And anyone know if Emerton is back yet?

I reckon we should adopt a shoot on sight policy if Gomes stays in goal :P We can have Pedersen, Carlos, Tugay etc firing them in and getting Santa and Derbs to chase them in ready for when Gomes gifts us one :D

Sorry if I have missed this but where is Warnock? Is he suspended or injured? And anyone know if Emerton is back yet?

Problem is we can't hit the target when we do shoot.

Warnock sussed and Emerton not yet ready.

We will concede the customary 2 goals and manage only nil at the other end.

Keep your phone on next week Sam......

I'll take a scabby one nil! There's a school of thought that winning breeds confidence as well. :)

Exactly - if ever quality of football was unimportant it's now. We have to get back to first season Hughes. Nasty, horrible, scrappy and picking up points. If Ince gets us a win against a resurgent Spurs on their turf, he'll have done very well, and will have earned his stay of execution, no matter how it happens.

Shows what BBC know - they have Warnock in our squad for the spurs game with not a mention of him missing this one through suspension. I think it is about time Judge had his turn on the right wing. I know he is young and inexperienced but what else do we have. We found out Treacy was useful by giving him a chance so lets do the same for Judge. Other than him it will be out of Pedersen (Treacy on left) or Derbyshire (who it probably will be). Surely Andrews has to play through the middle so can't be dumped out there and Ince has realised that Carlos is not the best winger.

I would go for:

Robinson

Ooijer Nelsen Samba Olsson

Judge Andrews Tugay Pedersen

Santa Cruz McCarthy/Villanueva

On Rovers website says McCarthy could come back into contention but then he is not listed as in the squad so not sure for that final striking position, could be anyone but I would like to see Santa and McCarthy given a chance together.

If our midfield doesn't do well then it could make Bentley's head even bigger seeing how we are struggling without him on the right for us. Ince should get the players up for this one to get back at the scumbag who treated us like dirt and moved on to a 'bigger club' who are one of only two teams below us. Robinson will want to have a stormer as well and I can see a few Spurs fans wanting him back instead of Gomes after his performance. Spurs may just think they are going to take this but I have a strange feeling that, at last, a win is coming our way. 2-1 Rovers scrape it. Please Rovers, it has been too long since we have experienced that winning feeling, come on!

If Rovers play that formation Spurs will tear through us.

4-4-2 is the way to beat Spurs

It simply has to be 4-4-2 !

But who plays wide right for me we need plenty of runners in the team to support the front two, that would possibly mean playing either MGP and Treacy on he right dont know who but it cant be Andrews or Derbyshire after their last performances.

Would be very suprised if Simpson started as he provides little quality to the attack so could be interesting from Paul Ince, if Ince goes for the one upfront then i'll despair for me the only square pag playing in around hole for this game would be MGP or Treacy playing wide right surely if things arent going right they can swap roles during the course of the game.

Jenas is the one in the middle who needs taking out, preferably early doors, if not then at least shackling but who does that job is upto Ince and his numpties to figure.

Can Olson or whoever plays left back turn Bentley around and pin him back should be an interesting feature of the game that Rovers should be aiming to achieve. Now we will see what they are made of and what their collective resolve is this game should tells us alot.

Come on Rovers have no fear the victory is there to be had!

Archived