BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Spurs Preview

philipl

I think you'd have to be a brave man to bet against Spurs. Redknapp has got them going and barring some recent stutters they look quite dangerous.

Our short comings in midfield may force Ince to go with two upfront. I think it will be interesting to see if Andrews can add to his impressive tally....of 1. He seems to attempt lots of long range efforts. If he can find his target we might have some joy against Gomes.

A manager with any sense would pepper the box with crosses at every opportunity. Unfortunately for us we are lacking anyone who can deliver much from out wide. I think a lot depends on MGP.

Pointless i know, but here is my line up prediction.

...................Robinson........................

Simpson......Nelsen........Samba...........Olsson

Villanueva........Andrews....Tugay........MGP

................RSC.........Derbs..............

• Replies 646
  • Created
  • Last Reply

all we need to do is tighten our defence. some how keep some clean sheets and then kick on. it does seem that ince has no plan B if plan A fails. we need to be bullies again and then make sure teams are afraid to play us. ince was tough,but we look like a bunch of softies these days.

It is worth reflecting what we are up against tomorrow.

Yes we have injuries but we also have proven first eleven regulars for every position except the one we sold Bentley out of. And that now includes the complete roster of five strikers to select from.

Spurs have two relatively lightweight speedy forwards whose finishing is notoriously eratic and wayward.

A speedy winger whose final ball is only good if you are very very unlucky.

Their midfield is the softest in the Premier League and Modric is out injured.

Their defence is strengthened by the returning King but has been seriously leaky and remains so under 'arry.

And then there is Gomes.

Make no bones about it, there is a win for Rovers to take at WHL tomorrow if the team is set-up properly. If we are not organised the right way, Bentley and his mates are also well capable of absolutely destroying us.

It is a managerial challenge par excellence.

Yes we have injuries but we also have proven first eleven regulars for every position except the one we sold Bentley out of. And that now includes the complete roster of five strikers to select from.

Spurs have two relatively lightweight speedy forwards whose finishing is notoriously eratic and wayward.

Their defence is strengthened by the returning King but has been seriously leaky and remains so under 'arry.

And then there is Gomes.

Make no bones about it, there is a win for Rovers to take at WHL tomorrow if the team is set-up properly. If we are not organised the right way, Bentley and his mates are also well capable of absolutely destroying us.

For once I agree with you, it will be interesting to see how our team responds to the challenge.

Not feeling at all confident about this game. Spurs are there for the taking, they have road their luck in recent games and their weaknesses at the back and in midfield are still there despite a new manager.

But I can't see us taking advantage of their plight. You just don’t know what to expect from this Rovers side, even if we play well we give away the sloppiest of goals and therefore let the opposition back into the game.

Paul

not many pubs in Southport have football on especially on Sundays due to the elderly visitors etc. My suggestion would be to find a bar on the outskirts of the town.

:(

Thanks anyway

And then there is Gomes.

Philip, you wouldn't be setting this up for a pop at Ince even if we win ("well anyone should win against THAT lot") would you? <_<

Anyway, I think this will be a harder task than you imagine, and I fear the worst. I also suspect this may be Ince's penultimate match in charge...

RTH

You can bet your bottom dollar that if we lose, the knives are gonna be sharpened and the talk on this site will be all about PI and his cohorts.

I dont see anything for Rovers and have resigned myself to a few cold beers in front of the tv. The dog has already put the vet on standby :P

Anyone think Haworth might be worth a go on the right? Tottenham will be straight out of the blocks, and we could do with some energy in midfield on the counter.

I was thinking the same thing myself. According to the Radio Lancs commentators, he played well away at Sunderland. He is the only right winger available now that Emerton is injured.

Now is his chance. But will PI be brave enough to use him in a league game?

I'm not optimistic about this game. But, there again, I never am about any game! :mellow:

Paul

not many pubs in Southport have football on especially on Sundays due to the elderly visitors etc. My suggestion would be to find a bar on the outskirts of the town.

There's a big pub in the middle of Lord St, its on 2 levels and they do meals more than drink! Its like a huge cafe with a bar that nobody drinks at.Crap meals alas! TV screens all over the place. I've watched Premier League football in there on a Sunday but can't remember the name of course! Left hand side walking away from the sea.

I'll be going down to my local tomorrow with a heavy heart- I just can't paint a picture where we get anything other than a beating. That's how bad it's become- we're 3rd from bottom playing a team who are 2nd from bottom and for the life of me I can't see a way were can even grab a point. I'm like one of Pavlov's dog - Rovers are playing so I must watch them no matter how painful the experience may be.

I forgot to add- I was around in 1965-66 and everything about this season reminds me of then. Too good to go down in theory but sleepily drifting towards the exit door anyway.

There's a big pub in the middle of Lord St, its on 2 levels and they do meals more than drink! Its like a huge cafe with a bar that nobody drinks at.Crap meals alas! TV screens all over the place. I've watched Premier League football in there on a Sunday but can't remember the name of course! Left hand side walking away from the sea.

The Scarisbrick Hotel?

I think this is the best vs worst form in the Prem league at the moment. Two sides near each other but heading in very different directions.

Yes you are right.

Tottenham are top and Rovers are rock bottom on current form in the Prem after yesterday's results.

Archived