BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Spurs Preview

philipl

• Replies 646
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tottenham goalkeeper Heurelho Gomes has put his error-strewn start to his career in English football down to the fact he has more to do than he did at previous club PSV Eindhoven. (News of the World)

Will he be busy this afternoon...?

Tottenham manager Harry Redknapp has tipped Blackburn boss Paul Ince to one day become manager of England. (Sunday Express)

Nice pre-match BS 'arry!

Shoot on sight is going to be the only way we can win this match IMO. We need to get Toogs and Andrews testing Gomes at every oppertunity and not try to 'outplay' Totenham.

Just read the paper (NOTW) and it's got an interesting interview with Ince where he states that Totenham's woes are all down to the players not wanting to perform for Ramos (Is he hinting at the Rovers?). He also goes onto have a dig at Fabio saying that to put Robinson on standby for the Germany game was an insult.

Think I would go for:

Robinson

Emerton - Samba - Nelsen - Warnock

Gamst - Andrews - Tugay - Treacy

RSC - McCarthy

2-0 Rovers, we need this and I think that Ince can be a good motivator when the heat is on. We cannot afford a terrible performance today!

:brfc::rover:

Robinson

Simpson Samba Nelsen Olsson

Andrews, Mokoena, Gamst Pedersen

Villanueva

Santa Cruz, McCarthy

I'd like to see young Judge to be honest, we need a right midfielder in there. They don't have anyone playing on the left side, and their main asset seems to be pace both upfront and in midfield.

Shoot on sight is going to be the only way we can win this match IMO. We need to get Toogs and Andrews testing Gomes at every oppertunity and not try to 'outplay' Totenham.

Shoot on sight? Gomes is a good shot stopper. It's the set-pieces where we'll need to pressurize him into gaffs.

Think I would go for:

Robinson

Emerton - Samba - Nelsen - Warnock

Gamst - Andrews - Tugay - Treacy

RSC - McCarthy

You wouldn't 'cos Emerton and Warnock are both out.

Same here.

Got the beers ready for the game, so either I’ll drown my sorrows or celebrate an unlikely Rovers victory.

Pointless gesture either way if thats the case cos the beer will run out of your mouth before you get time to swallow. :rolleyes:

I'll get me coat.....

TOTTENHAM: Gomez, Corluka, Woodgate, King, Assou-Ekotto, Bentley, Jenas, Huddlestone, Lennon, Pavlyuchenko, Bent. Subs to follow:

ROVERS: Robinson, Ooijer, Samba, Nelsen, Olsson, Pedersen, Mokoena, Andrews, Emerton, McCarthy, Santa Cruz. Subs: Brown, Tugay, Simpson, Fowler, Treacy, Derbyshire, Roberts

http://www.rovers.premiumtv.co.uk/page/New...1462382,00.html

Bert is back!!!

I agree about the set pieces. Thats why i think its important we play two wide men. MGP needs to have one of his better days today. You know the ones when he can actually remember how to strike a football properly! I know he was dog awful out wide against Chelsea, but i'd give Villanueva another go out there. Only because he seems to be able to deliver a decent ball. With Andrews breaking from midfield and RSC's physical presence we might just get some joy against Gomes. I'd be tempted to put Derbs up front too. Again he's not been the best lately, but his pace could hurt Spurs. With all that Gomes spills he might get a follow up or two.

I also think our back four are better suited to playing against the more direct style forwards like Bent. Its when we play sides with forwards who swap positions and sit in between the fullbackS and centre halfs that problems occur. Simply because we are so static back there.

I genuinely think there is an opportunity today. Could be a real chance for Ince to prove his doubters wrong.

Here's hoping.

Archived