BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Spurs Preview

philipl

• Replies 646
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If Villanueva has been dropped, that's scandalous. I know he hasn't set the world alight (partly his and Ince's fault) but he's one of the rare players who can actually put his foot on the ball. He would have been a great sub today.

Why the hell is Fowler taking up a place on the bench when we already have two strikers there. Is Ince going out of his way to antagonise the fans?

Do you need to ask why? :rolleyes:

It's stupid he wedges Fowler into the eighteen but leaves our only attacking midfielder.

Great XI, my only problem is Fowler - we have Derbyshire and Roberts there, we don't need him AT ALL. Villanueva, on the other hand..

GO ROVERS!

Why the hell is Fowler taking up a place on the bench when we already have two strikers there. Is Ince going out of his way to antagonise the fans?

It is confusing - 3 strikers on the bench, when Zurab, Vogel or Carlos would all have given better options.

Zurab's ill according to the official site, that's the reasoning given for him being dropped.

Small details over Carlos but I am surprised as well he's not on the bench. Chile even played in Europe this week too!

For those lamenting the inclusion of Mokoena, he has been the best defensive midfielder deployed so far this season.

He offers protection for the back 4, and, looking at Jenas and Huddlestone being the lightweight centre pairing, one crunching tackle on either and they may well back off. The other thing, and LISTEN REV, is that playing The Axe might relieve a little pressure on Andrews.

The playing of both Bert and MGP should see a little bit more service to our front two.

The only thing that concerns me is the lack of real pace in containing Bent and the Russki lad.

With the right attitude we can win this. There's a lot of quality but not a tackle in the Spurs midfield. We need to set about em with a gritty Northern attitude and if we can keep 11 on the pitch (Howard Webb's usually good) then we can do em. I think Huddlestons attitude and performance might be the key.

A tad scare about Ooijer vs Lennon. That could be our downfall but good to see Benni and Rocky together up front. Agree with others about Villanueva as he should be on the bench if fit and there really is no need for Fowler. Hopefully today is the day for people proving us wrong. Mokoena and Andrews both need to play well and do a job in the middle.

Aha, Bentley is on the left which means Olsson may be able to cope a bit better with Lennon and the experience of Ooijer should control Bentley....I hope!

Is this the worst centre midfield duo ever put out in a Premier League game? Quite possibly.

Also the dreadful dark blue "fag packet" kit has reared its ugly head again. We need the black and red halves to get any points.

I'll be watching attheraces and will check in at HT.

Still think we will only manage nil. And will concede the customary 2.

Archived