BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Sam Allardyce

Majiball wrotw

"Firstly well done on getting your B licence, its a big step up from level 2 isn't it, should you progress to your A its not such a big step up but you'll finally do 11 a side.

If you wish to discuss qualifications thats fine, I have plenty. This is a debate not a cock measuring contest. "

Please show me where I have stated I have a Uefa B License?

A few of the coaches at my club have and I can assure you they are pretty good and working at league clubs during the week!!

As for Ajax, yes, they were the role model and Jack Walker sent a delegation over to assess them years ago but even Ajax are not producing as they should now!!

The problem is that with modern coaching methods, almost any international side are able to compete with each other, maybe the odd exception, but years ago a game against the lesser countries etc was a 5 - 0 victory, doesnt happen the same now!!!

And dare I say it, Sam Allardyce sets his teams very effectively to stop them scoring goals and then puts them on the back foot by quick direct play, who is correct, football clubs now require instant fixes, as one prem manager stated, if I set up a good youth system, I would never see the benefit of it at all!! I would have left the club long ago.

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Majiball wrote,

"If you wish to discuss qualifications thats fine, I have plenty. This is a debate not a cock measuring contest. "[/b]

Well congratulations to you, If you read correctly, which is normally the criteria to achieve a degree in Sports coaching and sciences (no I havent but my son has) I have not criticised Oijer either, I have posted on here regularly that he is not being deployed correctly and that with Oijer, Nelsen, Samba (Emerton and Warnock) Rovers could easily play a back three with wing backs, (the system i which Oijer starred in the world cup!!

No doubt, with the qualifications you have, you work in pro football, therefore you are in a good position of influence and should be hell bent on practising those beliefs you hold!! I know I would!!

Football is opinionated, always will be and you are entitled to your beliefs, however I am a little disappointed at the abruptness of your argument, I have been involved in football for over 40 years as a player, coach and manager, I am aware that in the heat of the moment things can be said, in this case, where clearly you had the time to digest what has been discussed, I would have expected, from someone as highly qualified as yourself, a more refrained and 'structured' reply

Oliver Kay in the Times goes a long way to redeem himself in this spirited defence of Sam in the face of the bitter and twisted Toon Army.

On those numbers for Sam at Newcastle, it is worth noting that there was a big clear out of Sam's people so Sam didn't get all of that £4.5m.

Interesting that the Directors had to express an opinion on Newcastle as being able to meet debts as they fall due. Even after pumping in £100m extra, Mike Ashley still has a club that is basically a basket case financially with losses down from £34m to a mere bagatelle of £20m.

Oliver Kay in the Times goes a long way to redeem himself in this spirited defence of Sam in the face of the bitter and twisted Toon Army.

On those numbers for Sam at Newcastle, it is worth noting that there was a big clear out of Sam's people so Sam didn't get all of that £4.5m.

Interesting that the Directors had to express an opinion on Newcastle as being able to meet debts as they fall due. Even after pumping in £100m extra, Mike Ashley still has a club that is basically a basket case financially with losses down from £34m to a mere bagatelle of £20m.

Cheers for the link that was a fascinating read. Certainly highlights that Big Sam has not received the credit he deserves.

Anexcellent article and read, Oliver Holt the gutter journalist from yhe mirror should read that, it may give him one or two ideas as he is certailnly bereft of them at the moment.

We are extremely fortunate that Sam was available, I cant think of one manager I would rather have in our situation!!

Cheers for the link that was a fascinating read. Certainly highlights that Big Sam has not received the credit he deserves.

Once it was down to a 2 horse race he should have been the manager of England. I'd wager he still would be too thereby saving the FA squillions of pounds of silly money. Why they appointed such a wimpy yes man as Maclaren makes one seriously question their motives, values and ability. <_<

Majiball wrote

As for coaches not planning??

Tell you what, do the UEFA B badge and then come back and tell me, you wouldnt get it without a structured plan!!

How I am meant to derive from that statement that you are actually talking about other people. That sentence to me read as if you have the licence, you have done the badge, not a mate has it.

Please show me where I have stated I have a Uefa B License?

A few of the coaches at my club have and I can assure you they are pretty good and working at league clubs during the week!!

As for Ajax, yes, they were the role model and Jack Walker sent a delegation over to assess them years ago but even Ajax are not producing as they should now!!

The problem is that with modern coaching methods, almost any international side are able to compete with each other, maybe the odd exception, but years ago a game against the lesser countries etc was a 5 - 0 victory, doesnt happen the same now!!!

And dare I say it, Sam Allardyce sets his teams very effectively to stop them scoring goals and then puts them on the back foot by quick direct play, who is correct, football clubs now require instant fixes, as one prem manager stated, if I set up a good youth system, I would never see the benefit of it at all!! I would have left the club long ago.

Ajax:

Babel, Sneijder, Seedorf, Van der Vaart, Heitinga, Emanuelson, of the top of my head those are a few names of players currently playing in Europe that have come through the youth system at Ajax. Now whilst they may not be Van Basten or Gullit they are still seriously good level players. I think they are still doing well if you consider the general rule is one first team player a year.

Have a look at our system in compassion, Dunn thats it. Did you know tranmere rovers have produced more players plying there trade in the prem recently than us.

You could say we've sat on our laurels if other teams are catching up, you have to remember ten years ago football was devoid of sports science in this country. Alot of people still struggle to embrace it, look at Bolton now, all of Sam's coaches are gone because it doesn't have a place there any more.

I can't believe you've even questioned the point of trying to improve the youth system, I assume you've put the quote in to illustrate your point. The whole point of development is exactly that, development. You don't go to school and just learn what the teacher feels like teaching. They have a structured syllabus a progressive program to enable a child to reach a certain level. Children should not be developed to fit in with the first teams style unless the manager is making it long term IE Wenger Ferguson. Its about producing players of X standard, with X skills, X ability dependent on the requirements of the club.

Majiball wrote,

"If you wish to discuss qualifications thats fine, I have plenty. This is a debate not a cock measuring contest. "[/b]

Well congratulations to you, If you read correctly, which is normally the criteria to achieve a degree in Sports coaching and sciences (no I havent but my son has) I have not criticised Oijer either, I have posted on here regularly that he is not being deployed correctly and that with Oijer, Nelsen, Samba (Emerton and Warnock) Rovers could easily play a back three with wing backs, (the system i which Oijer starred in the world cup!!

No doubt, with the qualifications you have, you work in pro football, therefore you are in a good position of influence and should be hell bent on practising those beliefs you hold!! I know I would!!

Football is opinionated, always will be and you are entitled to your beliefs, however I am a little disappointed at the abruptness of your argument, I have been involved in football for over 40 years as a player, coach and manager, I am aware that in the heat of the moment things can be said, in this case, where clearly you had the time to digest what has been discussed, I would have expected, from someone as highly qualified as yourself, a more refrained and 'structured' reply

Your the one who assumed I had no qualifications and told me to go do a coaching course, funnily enough from what I'd written I would have thought it rather safe to assume I had qualifications. I am a scientist I am trained to back up what I say with fact, I would not comment on something unless I had good knowledge of that subject.

You've used our club and our league only, as an indicator of the quality of production of the Ajax academy conveniently forgetting about the rest of Europe and all the top players Ajax have produced who ply their trade there.

What I do for a living is irrelevant on here. I notice that you've said you've posted your ethos on Ooijer on here previously and yes I admit I have not checked your previous posts to see what your opinion has been on him in the past. However that can also be applied to me, if you check my previous posts you would find that I have admitted to having my badges in the past and would not have thrown it in my face as you did, and you did, go do a coaching course where your words. I am trained to deal in fact to criticise once I have enough knowledge I am not going to criticise something I have not experienced

All through this I have been discussing the methodology the delivery system the best way to get players to retain and digest the info that they discover. Yet your replies have been about what is taught, not how its taught. At one stage you even suggested that I had written players should tell their managers to (Please don't use that word again) off I know better.

Their are many clubs as I have said who use this style:

Man Utd

Arsenal

Everton

Liverpool

Man City

Tranmere

Fulham

None of those academies are producing any talent of any note are they, this is not some new thing its been around for years. Funnily enough I do practise my beliefs, as you call them in the world of Science they are called Facts, proven indisputable facts, I do not deal in beliefs their subjective.

How I am meant to derive from that statement that you are actually talking about other people. That sentence to me read as if you have the licence, you have done the badge, not a mate has it.

Ajax:

Babel, Sneijder, Seedorf, Van der Vaart, Heitinga, Emanuelson, of the top of my head those are a few names of players currently playing in Europe that have come through the youth system at Ajax. Now whilst they may not be Van Basten or Gullit they are still seriously good level players. I think they are still doing well if you consider the general rule is one first team player a year.

Have a look at our system in compassion, Dunn thats it. Did you know tranmere rovers have produced more players plying there trade in the prem recently than us.

You could say we've sat on our laurels if other teams are catching up, you have to remember ten years ago football was devoid of sports science in this country. Alot of people still struggle to embrace it, look at Bolton now, all of Sam's coaches are gone because it doesn't have a place there any more.

I can't believe you've even questioned the point of trying to improve the youth system, I assume you've put the quote in to illustrate your point. The whole point of development is exactly that, development. You don't go to school and just learn what the teacher feels like teaching. They have a structured syllabus a progressive program to enable a child to reach a certain level. Children should not be developed to fit in with the first teams style unless the manager is making it long term IE Wenger Ferguson. Its about producing players of X standard, with X skills, X ability dependent on the requirements of the club.

Your the one who assumed I had no qualifications and told me to go do a coaching course, funnily enough from what I'd written I would have thought it rather safe to assume I had qualifications. I am a scientist I am trained to back up what I say with fact, I would not comment on something unless I had good knowledge of that subject.

You've used our club and our league only, as an indicator of the quality of production of the Ajax academy conveniently forgetting about the rest of Europe and all the top players Ajax have produced who ply their trade there.

What I do for a living is irrelevant on here. I notice that you've said you've posted your ethos on Ooijer on here previously and yes I admit I have not checked your previous posts to see what your opinion has been on him in the past. However that can also be applied to me, if you check my previous posts you would find that I have admitted to having my badges in the past and would not have thrown it in my face as you did, and you did, go do a coaching course where your words. I am trained to deal in fact to criticise once I have enough knowledge I am not going to criticise something I have not experienced

All through this I have been discussing the methodology the delivery system the best way to get players to retain and digest the info that they discover. Yet your replies have been about what is taught, not how its taught. At one stage you even suggested that I had written players should tell their managers to (Please don't use that word again) off I know better.

Their are many clubs as I have said who use this style:

Man Utd

Arsenal

Everton

Liverpool

Man City

Tranmere

Fulham

None of those academies are producing any talent of any note are they, this is not some new thing its been around for years. Funnily enough I do practise my beliefs, as you call them in the world of Science they are called Facts, proven indisputable facts, I do not deal in beliefs their subjective.

I notice you are Liverpool John Moores, what is your role there, very valid reason for asking

I notice you are Liverpool John Moores, what is your role there, very valid reason for asking

Given the very public way jobs roles are displayed at univeristies why don't you just ask for my name and home address, hell even my phone number. So funnily enough I'm going to decline.

If I wanted all and sundry to know my name I would tell them.

Incidentally is there a potted version of what the scrap is about? I've completely lost the plot on this one.

I think I've got the jist of it. Majiball was just talking about his football credentials. I haven't read it thoroughly, but from what I can gather he puts the cones out on a college playing field, then to further back up his claims he listed the names of seven clubs he's heard of. Impressive.

:rover: when lardase was manager off lotnob,most on here hated him :unsure: now here he is the best thing since sliced bread :brfcsmilie:

Yes. You're right. I wonder why this might have happened?

I think I've got the jist of it. Majiball was just talking about his football credentials. I haven't read it thoroughly, but from what I can gather he puts the cones out on a college playing field, then to further back up his claims he listed the names of seven clubs he's heard of. Impressive.

He also deals only in facts. Indisputable, scientific facts.

<br />It may be because for the first time this season we are not dropping like a stone.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

I am very happy with our current situation.

If he plays a weakened team on Saturday (and lose) I will consider his honeymoon period officially over. We are Blackburn, we love the cups and have had a good cup history in recent times. There is no need to jeopardise that.

<br /><br /><br />

I am very happy with our current situation.

If he plays a weakened team on Saturday (and lose) I will consider his honeymoon period officially over. We are Blackburn, we love the cups and have had a good cup history in recent times. There is no need to jeopardise that.

Don't talk soft!

The fella has given us a fighting chance of survival!

Everyone loves a cup run, but this season staying up is the ONLY priority. Whatever Sam decided so be it.

Ps we are ROVERS

I don't agree with that at all. A few more games is not going to derail our season.

I remember when he managed Bolton, he used to play weakened teams in the UEFA cup. I will NOT accept a cheapening of the Cups. The FA Cup is very important to us. It should be kept that way.

Just because he is better than Ince does not mean you have to defend him when he is obviously doing something wrong.

Just because he is better than Ince does not mean you have to defend him when he is obviously doing something wrong.

But he isn't 'obviously doing something wrong'. Harry Redknapp has already said he will send out a weakened Spurs team in the FA Cup because he can't risk losing important first team players as they're in a relegation fight, they have a bigger squad than us as well. Let's see how many other teams around us rest their best players, I bet it's most if not all.

Survival is EVERYTHING this season, we can think about cups next year if we stay up.

I don't care about Harry Redknapp, I care about Blackburn Rovers. The players are paid to represent Blackburn Rovers, not only represent them in League games, they have only played TWO league games in the last month. It's hardly going to derail our season.

I can't believe everybody falls for it. No wonder FA Cup attendances are down, if every team players their bloody reserves. I don't understand how it has come to this.

Any team from 8th downwards has to worry about relegation. Are we to assume non of them are going to take the cup seriously? Have we reached a point where OUR only aim is to not get relegated. No chance of winning the league and no chance of winning any cups. Very sad indeed. Doesn't really make me want to run up to Sunderland with my hard earned money.

Also, can you explain why he hasn't made a right winger his number one priority?

Especially seeing as this was described as Ince's gravest mistake.

Archived