BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Vs. Portsmouth Preview

Amo

Anyway, decent team, Tugay is in as he should be, the main thing again is the lack of options on the bench. Looks like he hasn't learnt from last week. 3/4 strikers?!

Yeah and what's the betting that we see Derbs come on and shoved on the wing or Villanueva played out of position.

• Replies 668
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah and what's the betting that we see Derbs come on and shoved on the wing or Villanueva played out of position.

he has simpson on the bench. he also has emerton who can move to right back if needed. So that's 2 options in defence.

He has the axe and carlos for midfield, and yes - derbs has played out wide, so that's 3 options in midfield.

He has roberts, fowler, derbs and carlos who can play up front, so he has 4 options up front.

Can someone explain to me, how he hasn't got options with this squad??

Up the rovers!

Off topic? Like the post you made in the FA Cup thread, then? The irony keeps coming.

Every chance, considering that would only happen if we're losing at some point, and that's pretty likely in itself. Hopefully we can get to HT 0-0 and we'll be able to make a positive move and go for the win.

he has simpson on the bench. he also has emerton who can move to right back if needed. So that's 2 options in defence.

He has the axe and carlos for midfield, and yes - derbs has played out wide, so that's 3 options in midfield.

He has roberts, fowler, derbs and carlos who can play up front, so he has 4 options up front.

Can someone explain to me, how he hasn't got options with this squad??

Up the rovers!

Fair point, the problem being is that it will involve people playing out of position and where they are weaker but I suppose we do have options.

You missed one out by the way - Mokoena can play centre back.....but only if we are desperate!

It was about Bournemouth? :o

As I said though, talk about it elsewhere.

Practise what you preach and I'll play along!

For heavens sake.

Given the players we have fit and available, what other options do we have?

You play 4 men in defence, 4 in midfield, and 2 up front. Yet we've only one defender on the bench, 1 midfielder (an awful one) and 4 forwards. Where are Judge and Treacy? Is Zurab still ill? I genuinely don't know, but I do not for one second believe that we've only 18 fit players, and I don't think you do either.

EDIT: Thanks Jan - and bloody Vogel too!!!

Fair point, the problem being is that it will involve people playing out of position and where they are weaker but I suppose we do have options.

You missed one out by the way - Mokoena can play centre back.....but only if we are desperate!

true - but if i ever see the axe at centre back again, i think i'll cry!

Archived