BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Vs. Portsmouth Preview

Amo

:rover: now i'm a paulette and agree things are bad,but i put the blame at the players door.

we have had people calling for warnock to be back at left back,he plays there we concede 3,i have said before he is better in midfield because he is less dangerous to the team there!!!

we have samba who plays every game like jekell and hyde,since he got that 4 year contract he has never played 2 goog games in a row.

we have nelsen who is half the player he was when he joined,injury has destroyed him.

we have pedersen who must think he is a superstar,because no one can play that bad and play regular.

now paul ince puts a team out to win and play the game,the players just toddle about thinking saint mark might rescue them,not a chance.

take the money for rocky,hope we can sell benni/samba/nelsen/pedersen and buy some players who play for the SHIRT :xmas::brfc:

• Replies 668
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I said this about 8 months ago. Samba was all over the shop, Ooijer came in and he improved immensely.

Samba is very hit and miss. He will have a stormer, then make 1 silly mistake and they score.

I feel he is too often covering the right back slot as well, through no fault of his own normally. Especially when Simpson plays there.

Samba is very hit and miss. He will have a stormer, then make 1 silly mistake and they score.

I feel he is too often covering the right back slot as well, through no fault of his own normally. Especially when Simpson plays there.

Even last year one or two where on the decline. Every time I think about it I remember something I heard in football once "Form is temporay, Class is permanent" I'm beginning to wonder how much some of our players performances when they first arrive is down to form and how much class?

:rover: now i'm a paulette and agree things are bad,but i put the blame at the players door.

The buck stops at the manager. Always has, always will. Ince is certainly no exception to this rule, and if he can't pick the right players or motivate them, then his job will live and die by that.

Well that was a bit gutting...even worse my flatmates laughing at my celebration of our goals and especially "3rd" goal on MOTD :blush:

As for the game I thought we played very well. It was a massive step up in performance from last week at WHL and we definitely didn't deserve to come away from the game with nothing. First half we worked incredibly hard, looked well organised and solid whilst creating a couple of chances and we should have put one of them away, particularly Roques.

Second half we came out and did nothing to build on the first half effort. Our marking and effort was woefully slack for the first goal with Ped and to some extent Warnock giving Johnson the freedom of Portsmouth down the right allowing him to pick out Crouch in the middle. For their 2nd we were caught at the back with us totally disorganised and in some state of panic. But fair play to the lads we dug deep and showed something that we continue to show under Ince...fight and determination. A good ball into the box and a smart header from Matty along with a cracking daisy cutting strike into the bottom corner from Toogs and we were all square.

The crucial point of the match was the disallowed goal. Now if referees are going to disallow goals like that week in week out I doubt Stoke would score that many from MrDelaps throw ins because a whole lot of them would be considered a foul on the keeper. Halsey pure and simple bottled the decision and it cost us. We pushed harder for the win and we got caught on the break by Pompey. In saying that we should have cleared the ball after the first attempt from Bouba Diop.

I can't help but feel devastated for the players as the anguish and disappointment on their faces was clear to see at the final whistle and to some extent after Portsmouth scored the 3rd goal. It should be noted that we looked solid in the middle and a lot more creative with Tugay linking play between defence and attack very well. His passing under pressure is usually something that can be relied upon and it is one reason why I can't fathom how Vogel isn't considered at all. Vogel is a similar player who seems at ease on the ball and can distribute the ball well around the park whilst being strong in the tackle.

I feel a bit sorry for Ince as well after the performance. When things are bad the luck just isn't with you and that was the case yesterday.

I'd say that Ince has the next two games to prove his worth otherwise he is a goner.

Interesting to hear Gally on the radio saying that Rovers don't look as physical as under Hughes and also look like they are playing as individuals. Kind of scary to hear that. It'll take a hell of a big turn-around from this point onwards to get a lot of the fans back on Ince's side, me included but if he does it I will be very pleased. I also think 2 games is all he has left.

I said this about 8 months ago. Samba was all over the shop, Ooijer came in and he improved immensely.

Iv been trying to get this obvious point accross for months. Samba is usually dodgy when he is covering for the likes of Nelsen & Co while trying to do his own job. Cant expect 1 man to do 2 or 3 players jobs. He is class and if he only had to concentrate on his own position would prove it. He looked far more comfortable against Sunderland with Zurab, until Zurab gave them the 2nd goal.

Iv been trying to get this obvious point accross for months. Samba is usually dodgy when he is covering for the likes of Nelsen & Co while trying to do his own job. Cant expect 1 man to do 2 or 3 players jobs. He is class and if he only had to concentrate on his own position would prove it. He looked far more comfortable against Sunderland with Zurab, until Zurab gave them the 2nd goal.

Have been saying that for a while myself too. Samba and Oojier are the two best defenders we have in our squad and we need someone with a bit of pace in the to compliment Samba at the heart of our defence. Not only that Samba provides a great threat in the air when we go forward as evidenced yesterday and its an area of his game we should look to work on and develop.

The trustees would surely take his advice on footballing matters though. All they have to do is back him.

You're not thinking clearly again. :)

Clearer than you den!

You're making the mistake of automatically assuming JW wants to sack Ince.

That may be the case or it may not. Quite the opposite might apply.

Like I said last week they might already have been decisive and already made the decision to back Ince.

(For now at least)

Clearer than you den!

You're making the mistake of automatically assuming JW wants to sack Ince.

That may be the case or it may not. Quite the opposite might apply.

never said any such thing Rev! I've no idea what JW thinks.

I have just watched the game on tv, the whole 90 mins on dvd (its who you know !).

Samba at fault for both the 1st and 2nd goals.

Ooijer and Pederson wimped out for the 3rd.

Got to say that it was a free kick for the disallowed Derbyshire goal.

Not impressed with the constant passing going astray, Andrews, Tugay, Pederson and McCarthy all GUILTY

We must agree to disagree on that Rev. Yesterday he looked more like the captain than Nelsen. He is the only one who has the ability to read the game and some of his tackling is first class. He is not a full-back and should be at the heart of our defence. Even Ince has acknowledged that his Ooijer's leadership qualities are invaluable. I feel sure that Samba would be a better player with Ooijer alongside him. At the moment Samba is like a headless chicken at times and is all over the place. His performance in the second half yesterday was extremely poor. I feel sure that Ooijer would be able to talk him through games and improve his positional play. In the past John McNamee made Faz a better player and Kevin Moran made Hendry a better defender. I think that Ooijer could do exactly the same for Samba.

Totally agree with you here ParsonBlue, Ryan Nelsen is part of the problem now and its not just an overnight thing hes been poor for too long now change is required.

I think Revidge sees Ooijer performances at right back and is far from convinced which is fair do's maybe a run at centre half is now due.

The pace in Ryans legs seem to have left him now which is a shame as he has been a great player for Rovers over the past few seasons.

There's no evidence that they're not behind him. However there is evidence he isn't getting the best out of the players.

Santa Cruz was badly below par against Sunderland. He was below par against Tottenham and according to Radio Lancs he was poor today.

Thats a bit unfair, Santa Cruz wasn't below par against Spurs at all. Roque won almost every header that came his way, he was trying to get the ball down, but he was up their on his todd. He had no one around him, mainly because we had 10 men, and when he did get the ball down the midfield weren't exactly busting a gut to help him.

I blame Ince for most things, especially my suicidal thoughts, but not getting the best from his players?? Thats not Ince's fault.

Nelsen & Samba (in my opinion our biggest problem) was just as bad with Hughes, Gamst has always been a fly in the wall (he just no longer scores) McCarthy is the same as last year, Emerton is better under Ince in midfield then heever has been. And as for Santa Cruz, when you take away a player like Bentley and dont replace him, he wont be banging in the goals.

Remember Roque never was a goal machine, just like Craig Bellamy until they came to us. With Bellers, we played our team around him, he got the goals. Last season, with Bents, we played around Roque he got the goals. This season, well...we aint got nothing.

Think it's a bit harsh blaming the first two goals on Samba. The blame for the first lies chiefly with Warnock and Pedersen who gave Glen Johnson about three weeks to pick out Crouch. Samba was left isolated for the second and you'd always fancy Defoe to get past someone given that situation. Where was Ooijer? I think he's a good player but he's not a full back.

Also think Samba could easily have got a penalty before the ball went across for our disallowed goal. He was hauled down whilst trying to get the ball back in the box.

Nelsen seems to be the liability to me. Play Zurab or Ooijer with Samba and play either Simpson or Emerton at right back. I know right midfield would be a problem if Emerton was played there but the back needs sorting out.

Skrover i say let right midfield be a problem.

Once upon a time, we was struggling in relegation. So we got a manager, who sorted our defence and made us tough to beat. After surviving, said manager then gradullay built us into a European outfit, adding the quality to our steel.

Mr Ince should take not, because pretty football + un-talented footballers = relegation.

Ask Derby fans

Think it's a bit harsh blaming the first two goals on Samba. The blame for the first lies chiefly with Warnock and Pedersen who gave Glen Johnson about three weeks to pick out Crouch. Samba was left isolated for the second and you'd always fancy Defoe to get past someone given that situation. Where was Ooijer? I think he's a good player but he's not a full back.

Also think Samba could easily have got a penalty before the ball went across for our disallowed goal. He was hauled down whilst trying to get the ball back in the box.

Nelsen seems to be the liability to me. Play Zurab or Ooijer with Samba and play either Simpson or Emerton at right back. I know right midfield would be a problem if Emerton was played there but the back needs sorting out.

Hold on a mo, Ooijer was right behind him and was shouting at him to drop back, I also take issue with Ooijer himself as he could see the flight of the ball.

Isolated ? Samba was guilty of not watching the player as Defoe mumbled past him with ease to score in the corner.

When Defoe got the ball Ooijer was more than a few yards further up the field and Nelsen was in the left back position so yes I think he was isolated. Doesn't mean Defoe scoring was inevitable and Samba was blameless but, as defence, we were all over the place at that time.

I agree with you about Oojier and that goal.Their left-wing was wide open. He does this everytime he plays full-back so why keep playing him there. The lesson should be clear from Derbyshire's perfomance. He looked a different player because he was doing what he does best.

Archived