BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Vs. Portsmouth Preview

Amo

1 his back ground team are not up to the job and PI picked them

Of all Ince's mistakes I think is by far his greatest.

To compensate for his lack of qualifications and top level experience he should have been looking for people to compensate for this...instead we ended up with Mathias, Knox and Winterburn. I think Ince could have easily masked his inexperience by surrounding himself with top quality back room staff, but his selections really were the beginning of the end.

• Replies 668
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I haven't read a single convincing argument to keep Ince. A lot of it feels like it's in spite of those who want Ince out, not because they genuinely see him getting us out of this mess.

For the people saying we played well, we've heard that excuse a gajillion times already this season (especially from our own manager's mouth). What's the use in playing 'well' and getting spanked? That clearly shows a team that isn't good enough, the way a team who wins WITHOUT playing well knows how to grind out results. You get nothing for a few promising performances unless it puts points on the board.

He's not good enough Tim and we DONT have enough time....cant you see that?

Everyone wants to sack Ince but the players who played today are the same players, apart from Andrews, who played throughout last season and it's their basic mistakes they're making in the games which have cost us. Why don't people see that?? Ince can't make the players not make mistakes, it's the players who need to cut them out. He can only do so much off the pitch. We're playing some nice football at times, we've had some big injuries and once we stop making those mistakes then i'm pretty confident that we'll pick up the points. Today Andrews was very good for Blackburn partnering Tugay in midfield. We looked strong most of the game and he looked like one of our better players in a team full of internationals and he's been recruited from League 1!

I'm not saying that everything Ince does has been positive. Of course he's made mistakes and we need to remember that he's managing in the top level for the first time but he's a born winner and he's passionate about the game. I'm fed up of hearing people slam him for everything that hasn't gone our way. Let's remember that the players need to take just as much responsibility for the results we're picking up and lets stop using Paul Ince as a scapegoat for every negative thing out of the club. For all we know, he could be working his arse off behind the scenes but the players are letting him and his staff down every game.

I actually hate the way football as become these days. Everyone is obsessed about being the best and as soon as something isn't going right, everyone (fans, media etc) are obsessed about sacking people and getting rid of such and such a player. Sometimes I wonder whether people actually want to support Blackburn Rovers.

What evidence is there to the contrary???????????????????

There's no evidence that they're not behind him. However there is evidence he isn't getting the best out of the players.

Santa Cruz was badly below par against Sunderland. He was below par against Tottenham and according to Radio Lancs he was poor today.

Everyone is obsessed about being the best and as soon as something isn't going right, everyone (fans, media etc) are obsessed about sacking people and getting rid of such and such a player. Sometimes I wonder whether people actually want to support Blackburn Rovers.

I defended Ince against the early stick he took on here. I was quite prepared to give him time to settle and would have accepted a mediocre placing this season in the hope the Ince learnt and progressed. However I can only see us going down now and that could have shocking repercussions for the club. We play poorly and we get beat. When we play well we get beat. I've given Ince will December and we are 1 place from the bottom and the signs are we are just beginning to come adrift in the relegation zone.

I would love us to beat Liverpool then turn this round. I'm not craving bad performances in order to get Ince out at all. However if current forms carries on then at some point in the season the board have to make a call to sack Ince in a desperate attempt to avoid relegation. I think all agree that he will go if it becomes obvious he's going to take us down. The money spent paying him off is small change compared to the money lost going out of the premier League.

How far adrift and how few games left can we wait before we cut him loose?

Everyone wants to sack Ince but the players who played today are the same players, apart from Andrews, who played throughout last season and it's their basic mistakes they're making in the games which have cost us.

You've just shot yourself in the foot. These are (for the most part) same players Hughes managed, yet under Ince they've become bad players. That tells me it's the manager at fault.

We're playing some nice football at times, we've had some big injuries and once we stop making those mistakes then i'm pretty confident that we'll pick up the points.

We aren't playing nice football. We're playing ###### football that's getting us slowly relegated. And all teams suffer injuries over the season, so you can't use that excuse. You've just said this was the same team Hughes managed, so make your mind up.

I read people saying we should let Ince know what we think at the Liverpool home game and I agree. We should tell him and the players that we are 100% supporting the club and we will be that 12th man and support them through these tough times and hopefully onto successful times.

Paul Ince's Blue & White Army!

have you had cannabis or heroin on your pizza?

Agreed, I thought giving the manager a fair chance was being Pro Rovers but I guess I was wrong :rolleyes:

And as you've finally managed to find out, giving that wassock a chance was extremely anti-rovers. As some of us could see from the day of the press conference onwards.

Everyone wants to sack Ince but the players who played today are the same players, apart from Andrews, who played throughout last season and it's their basic mistakes they're making in the games which have cost us. Why don't people see that?? Ince can't make the players not make mistakes, it's the players who need to cut them out. He can only do so much off the pitch.

It's called coaching and management. That's his job and if he isn't doing it effectively he will pay the price.

Let's remember that the players need to take just as much responsibility for the results we're picking up and lets stop using Paul Ince as a scapegoat for every negative thing out of the club.

If my staff don't perform I get the rollocking from the directors not them. It's the way of the world. Are the Woolworth staff getting the blame for them going down the pan?

I actually hate the way football as become these days. Everyone is obsessed about being the best and as soon as something isn't going right, everyone (fans, media etc) are obsessed about sacking people and getting rid of such and such a player. Sometimes I wonder whether people actually want to support Blackburn Rovers.

We don't want to be the best just not one of the 3 worst.

"as soon as something isn't going right"...how long do is as soon as...when were in the Championship.

Everyone wants to sack Ince but the players who played today are the same players, apart from Andrews, who played throughout last season and it's their basic mistakes they're making in the games which have cost us. Why don't people see that?? Ince can't make the players not make mistakes, it's the players who need to cut them out. He can only do so much off the pitch. We're playing some nice football at times, we've had some big injuries and once we stop making those mistakes then i'm pretty confident that we'll pick up the points. Today Andrews was very good for Blackburn partnering Tugay in midfield. We looked strong most of the game and he looked like one of our better players in a team full of internationals and he's been recruited from League 1!

I'm not saying that everything Ince does has been positive. Of course he's made mistakes and we need to remember that he's managing in the top level for the first time but he's a born winner and he's passionate about the game. I'm fed up of hearing people slam him for everything that hasn't gone our way. Let's remember that the players need to take just as much responsibility for the results we're picking up and lets stop using Paul Ince as a scapegoat for every negative thing out of the club. For all we know, he could be working his arse off behind the scenes but the players are letting him and his staff down every game.

stronger pizza or drink water next time......its not the players who bought @#/?,its not the players who play left backs in midfield,right backs at left backs,strikers on the wind,go one up top when one behind,its not the players who dont have leadeship and positivity,its not the players blaming international games,mascots,jesus grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr ahgggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhh

You've just shot yourself in the foot. These are (for the most part) same players Hughes managed, yet under Ince they've become bad players. That tells me it's the manager at fault.

I don't think they've become bad players, I just think they've made mistakes and we've been punished. In previous seasons we've had Bentley to get us out of trouble on occasions when we've played bad or he's been our spark to create a chance for RSC yet this season we haven't had anyone to fill his shoes. I think Paul Ince has tried Emerton there but I think come the transfer window, a right winger will be on the shortlist or a player who can create chances.

In most games i've seen us play, we haven't been out played by teams (apart Chelsea/United/Arsenal) but we've lacked that creativity.

The manager IS ultimately to blame Tim,always has been that way and always will be..the buck stops with him.Everyone is obsessed about being the best they can because the stakes are so high today in football.

Ince's record speaks for itself to date...terrible.

I don't think they've become bad players, I just think they've made mistakes and we've been punished. In previous seasons we've had Bentley to get us out of trouble on occasions when we've played bad or he's been our spark to create a chance for RSC yet this season we haven't had anyone to fill his shoes.

Our players are under-performing because Ince doesn't know how to organise the team and play to our strengths. He's stubborn to change his gameplan, which is why teams just walk through us in every game. We don't need someone that naive and pig-headed in charge of our club. He's had his chance to play good football here, and it hasn't worked.

I think Paul Ince has tried Emerton there but I think come the transfer window, a right winger will be on the shortlist or a player who can create chances.

It's too late for Ince. The moment Bentley was sold he should have been straight on for a replacement. We waited, and waited, and nothing happened. We were too busy hearing that Keith Andrews and Robbie Fowler were joining our ranks!! Yeah, we tried for Pennant, but that was a last minute deal which shows Ince never thought any of this through.

Sack Scolari. He's made Chelsea worse because they've lost home games this season. Mourinho and Grant didn't. Sack him now!!!!

They're still in a good position and have won every away game.

We are 19th and are starting to fall adrift.

<_<

That's just silly Tim.

Ince has been worrying from day 1, from his transfer dealings (bar robbo) to his backroom staff. His team selections have been very odd and his press conferences have just wound up rovers fans or been plain unintelligable.

Do you honestly think Ince will turn us round? What would you be prepared to gamble on that? £10, £1000, £1 million - more? Because that is what we're talking about - gambling millions on whether ince succeeds or fails with us. And it is a decision that has to be made - back or fire. And tbh I'd not put a tenner on Ince keeping us up, let alone millions of pounds and our premiership future.

9 losses in the league speaks for itself. Any team can have a good/bad performance whether they're having a shocker of a season or an excellent one. I can recall Souness' team playing Utd off the park just before he left us (the ref helped em get a draw) but overall his time was up. One performance doesn't change that.

Similarly one decent performance doesn't tell us that Ince can cut it - but the 9 losses on the bounce and all the factors listed at the top of the post give us the bigger picture, which is Ince isn't up to it.

I don't think it matters really what I think but I guess we will find out what the Blackburn board think in January to see whether they will back him or not in the transfer market.

Whatever I say on here is just my opinion, whether right or wrong, it is just how I feel and i'm glad people agree or disagree with me. It's what football is all about.

The obvious thing is that we aren't having a good season. It started off promising but of course the situation we're in now isn't where we want to be but I believe that Ince will have what it takes for us to stay up and I believe that this could be an important lesson for him to become a better manager at Blackburn and it might even be a kick up the arse the players so obviously need to perform better.

If I am being honest, there is one thing that does worry me at the moment and that is Mark Hughes coming back to Blackburn to sign our better players. I guess that's a worry of most fans and probably even the Blackburn staff as well because who knows what Man City are capable of in the transfer market...but will Hughes be backed because he certainly isn't performing at City either considering their resources on offer.

WE COULD 8 OR 9 POINTS ADRIFT BY THEN!!!!

Yeah you're right. Liverpool, Wigan, Stoke, Sunderland & Man City to play in December with 4 outta 5 teams who are near us in the table (based on points).

Looks like December could be the making or breaking of Paul Ince at Blackburn.

And as you've finally managed to find out, giving that wassock a chance was extremely anti-rovers. As some of us could see from the day of the press conference onwards.

That is absolute rubbish, just because it looks like you're right about Ince does not mean that making a decision on the man BEFORE a pre season game is Pro Rovers!! That is lunacy, I am saying what I am because of what has happened in the last FIFTEEN games, nearly HALF a season, that is giving the bloke a chance.

WE COULD 8 OR 9 POINTS ADRIFT BY THEN!!!!

I think we will be, I have absolutely no confidence in the team going into any matches at the moment, and I blame Ince and his staff for that entirely. It breaks my heart to be honest :(

That third goal is the most disgusting piece of defending I can recall from us. I'm absolutely appalled, if Ince is still in the job by tomorrow evening then something at the club is wrong.

Firstly, the attacking midfield dynamo that is Papa Bouba-Diop runs half of the pitch only to be stopped by a good Robinson save...then Davis comes pretty much unchallenged through the centre to get the rebound. Absolutely horrific stuff.

Archived