BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Vs. Portsmouth Preview

Amo

• Replies 668
  • Created
  • Last Reply
But surely Williams and the board must take the blame, If Ince said I want Mathias, they should have said NO!

And then you have a board not backing a manager they've only just appointed. That can't happen. It was rumoured over the Summer than many things Ince was doing were worrying Williams, but he knew he couldn't do much about it as he wanted to be seen as backing the guy he hired. I've no doubt others heard the same. It was hiring a man with no top-level experience and no idea how to succeed at this level in the first place that was the mistake. Many people felt this way at the time, and said so. That's not me gloating or anything of the sort - it's just fact.

Tugay for manager

I had the same thought last weekend, but he has less experience than Ince! Frying pan to the fire possibly! That said I had the same wish at the back of my mind. Anyone reckon Ince may have faired better with Tony Parkes helping him out? He should have been brought back after the Tafia went, they ignored Jack's wishes on that one also.

Well one things for sure - we have a split camp dont we ?

50% are for Ince and are therefore fully satisifed at our performances this season. They are happy tht Rovers are fully esconced in 18th position, 2nd from bottom, playing without pride, without leadership and apparently non concerned about our position in the league.

50%, the t'other half, are so concerend about our club they voice their opinions about change, they point out shortfalls on the team selection, the lack of playing sense, the lack of defensive tactics, the lack of prowess on the pitch.

YET ITS THE SECOND 50% THAT ARE BEING CASTIGATED AS TOSSERS !!

Come on Creosote, you cannot tell me that you are happy with Rovers position in the league.

You cannot tell me that your happy with the teams performance under Ince !

if you are happy with the clubs performance then it is you Sir, who is the the T_____R ;)

You were suggesting sacking the guy after what 8 games, that is chatting s***, I have done so after 15 games and the guy getting a fair chance.

YOU ARE NOT REAL.....HOW MANY GAMES HAVE WE WON SINCE? ANYONE WITH HALF A CLUE ABOUT ROVERS COULD SEE THE SIGNS THEN...DO REMBER JIM ILEY?

Posts like this make me want to bang my head against a wall...

Y????????????????? TUGS AND BIG COL????????????

COULDNT BE ANY WORSE?2 footy geniuses

No need.

Course there is. Imy's asked for it, his arguments have been stubborn and obtuse in his increasingly desperate attempts to defend the indefinsible for bloody weeks.

So many people never appear able to say 'sorry I'll hold my hand up, you were right and I've been wrong all along' do they?

Well one things for sure - we have a split camp dont we ?

50% are for Ince and are therefore fully satisifed at our performances this season. They are happy tht Rovers are fully esconced in 18th position, 2nd from bottom, playing without pride, without leadership and apparently non concerned about our position in the league.

50%, the t'other half, are so concerend about our club they voice their opinions about change, they point out shortfalls on the team selection, the lack of playing sense, the lack of defensive tactics, the lack of prowess on the pitch.

YET ITS THE SECOND 50% THAT ARE BEING CASTIGATED AS TOSSERS !!

Come on Creosote, you cannot tell me that you are happy with Rovers position in the league.

You cannot tell me that your happy with the teams performance under Ince !

if you are happy with the clubs performance then it is you Sir, who is the the T_____R ;)

Show me where I have EVER said I was an admirer of Ince. Show me where I have said that I am satisfied with our position.

Part of me will be gutted when/if Allardyce is appointed. You wont, however, find me constantly bellyaching like a spoilt kid because I dont like him.

That would be the actions of a t****r. Wouldn't it?

And then you have a board not backing a manager they've only just appointed. That can't happen. It was rumoured over the Summer than many things Ince was doing were worrying Williams, but he knew he couldn't do much about it as he wanted to be seen as backing the guy he hired. I've no doubt others heard the same. It was hiring a man with no top-level experience and no idea how to succeed at this level in the first place that was the mistake. Many people felt this way at the time, and said so. That's not me gloating or anything of the sort - it's just fact.

It's a difficult situation for any chairman; stay silent and this happens or be assertive and 'interfere' and you end up with a situation like at Newcastle. If I were Williams I would have given Ince the job only if he agreed to bring a assistant manager with Premier league experience. Ince is learning, so a lot of his mistakes can be excused, but not in this situation. I wonder if an experienced person had to been around, they might have pulled him on certain signing or squad decisions?

Show me where I have EVER said I was an admirer of Ince. Show me where I have said that I am satisfied with our position.

Part of me will be gutted when/if Allardyce is appointed. You wont, however, find me constantly bellyaching like a spoilt kid because I dont like him.

That would be the actions of a t****r. Wouldn't it?

I think Mr Creosote means that certain people wanted Ince to fail before a ball was kicked.

This is it Dan - somehow our Chairman has gotten us in to a position whereby everytime we lose a manager we lose an entire backroom of staff. Williams needs to take control and hire the coaches/scouts that he considers to be right for the job (and I've no doubt there would be countless applicants) and then employ a manager who is allowed to bring no more than 2 staff in with them.

This doesn't happen at other clubs, why is it allowed to happen at ours??

Y????????????????? TUGS AND BIG COL????????????

COULDNT BE ANY WORSE?2 footy geniuses

Tugay has no management experience! He's a god on the footballing field but Ince played for Inter Milan...I struggle to fathom how the same people who are quite rightly calling for Ince to go are advocating appointing someone with absolutely no experience!

spoilt child ?

its called caring for my club something that Ihave done for over 37 years.

we have seen poor fare down the years, Iley, Pickering and Saxton, Kidd to name but a few. But please Creosote, dont knock fans for wanting better for their clubs.

The fare on offer under ince has to be some of the worst football I have ever seen in years.

Hodgson - we did very well to qualify for Europe then he lost the players.

kidd - useless appointment

Ince - even worse than Kidd

It is simply heartbreaking to see our blue and white shirts in the bottom 2 :brfc:

Tugay has no management experience! He's a god on the footballing field but Ince played for Inter Milan...I struggle to fathom how the same people who are quite rightly calling for Ince to go are advocating appointing someone with absolutely no experience!

BUT ince doesnt have us playing the way he played he was a hard dirty in yer face(all trait we havent had) but if tugs had us playing with his imaganation and cols hard grit and passion then mayne just maybe. wasnt saying my first choice but answering the earlier post and thinking out loud.

Certain posters seem to be delighted that they can lord it over those of us who wanted to give Ince a chance. Sad, pathetic t 0ssers.

You could and should use any of the following to describe the posters who have been proven completely right in their assessment of the new manager and his team. Intuitive / intelligent / perceptive / canny would all fit but instead you choose to insult by calling them sad pathetic tossers. :rolleyes:

I suggest that you can only be looking in a mirror as you write creosote .

I can't agree Abs. We can't take any chances this time, it's got to be someone who has managed a similar club at this level before, or someone with a record for turning clubs around quickly.

I wonder if Allardyce would come in on a 6 month deal, renewable if we stay up at pre-defined terms. Would be perfect in my book.

spoilt child ?

its called caring for my club something that Ihave done for over 37 years.

we have seen poor fare down the years, Iley, Pickering and Saxton, Kidd to name but a few. But please Creosote, dont knock fans for wanting better for their clubs.

The fare on offer under ince has to be some of the worst football I have ever seen in years.

Hodgson - we did very well to qualify for Europe then he lost the players.

kidd - useless appointment

Ince - even worse than Kidd

It is simply heartbreaking to see our blue and white shirts in the bottom 2 :brfc:

I can match your 37 years and care just as much as you. From your replies I take that if the new man dosn't meet with your approval he wont be getting your backing either?

You were suggesting sacking the guy after what 8 games, that is chatting s***, I have done so after 15 games and the guy getting a fair chance.

Bolton owe their Premier League existence to getting rid of Sammy Lee in mid October when his management was not working. There is never too soon a time to get rid of a bad manager. You sound stupid trying to lay blame on others cos you cannot see wood for trees imy.

Well friends I have to say it; though it sickens me to the pit of my stomach to do so. I have to reluctantly agree with the the Ince bashers that enough is indeed enough. Simply playing nice tippy-tappy football (whilst it may be good to see when taken in isolation) is completely useless if it does not lead anywhere in the form of scoring goals or of defending to stop the opposition from scoring. At present Rovers are simply unbelievably awful in both these departments as we can all see. And in spite of the fact that we are now 1/3 of the way through the season it does not get any better. The squad is certainly good enough but for some reason seems either unable or unwilling to produce the form shown in recent seasons.

The only conclusion I can come to is that the change in the management and coaching team is completely and solely responsible. Therefore it is time for them to be cleared out and JW needs to grasp the nettle and admit his mistake before it is too late. We need to change it all and do it now in order to give any new management and coaching team a chance to halt the rot, and then to take us back up the league to at least a safe position.

I am also haunted by the very real prospect of the dingles not only getting promotion this season, but also of us swopping places with them!!!!! What an unthinkable thought that woud be. Just imagine the scene next year with Rovers in the Chumps league, and Burnley in the Prem! We would never hear the last of it, and would never live it down.

JW the ball is firmly in your court!!

BUT ince doesnt have us playing the way he played he was a hard dirty in yer face(all trait we havent had) but if tugs had us playing with his imaganation and cols hard grit and passion then mayne just maybe. wasnt saying my first choice but answering the earlier post and thinking out loud.

Yeah but you answered your own question there really...plus management is about hell of a lot more than just putting a certain attitude in your team, it's about tactics, judgement, signings, training and so many other things. Maybe one day Tugay could make a great manager but he needs to work his way up. Tugay wouldn't even come up as an option for me.

Archived