BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Vs. Portsmouth Preview

Amo

• Replies 668
  • Created
  • Last Reply
According to the radio Derbs has changed this game, his pace and movement causing Distin all sorts of problems.

Thats his only strength. He's usually ineffective when on from the start.

I predicted in Aug we'll need to score 3 to win and unfortunately it's coming true.

Let's face it, it's a sorry state of affairs when we have to let two goals in before we start to play. We used to be a team that others begrudgingly respected for being tight and difficult to beat. Now ANYONE can score against us!

I'm sorry, but no more excuses. No deluded fans coming here asking to give Ince more time. How much time do you want!? We're going down unless we act swiftly and decisively, and install a manager who can take us back to basics. We're only heading one way with this flimsy f**king football.

Never mind boys 'n' girls just another two hammerings off Utd and Liverpool on the horizon....great isn't it! :(

I'm not even angry right now, just feeling empty. Yes, it is only a game, but I put so much damn emotion into following my beloved club and seeing this is too much to bare. It is bad enough knowing that we have to constantly 'punch above our wait' whilst all my friends either support Man Utd and have success or Citeh who are going places and buying everyone in the world. Not that I'd swap Rovers for anyone, just in all my years following them, I am completely fed up of football. Sometimes, I feel like I'd be better off taking up golf or something, since Football in general for me feels like that girlfriend everyone ionce had that you love so much and care for and she just keeps sheeting on you from a great height and you just take it.

I'll probably be well up for watching the game on wednesday and this is just the post match depression I have been getting for much of this season!

For the first time I feel we are going to be relegated..Maybe it won't be so bad...a big club in a smaller league...

Yeah we might actually win plenty of games and be at the top of the league...................and lose all our decent players and loads of money

Annoyed that there is an easy way out for Ince. He can just blame the officials for their mistakes instead of realising how crap he is and how useless he has made us.

If we, as fans, could keep Allardyce out of the job then we can damn well get Ince out of it.

We took a gamble with Ince, it was a brave decision but it has completely failed. Admit the mistake now, whilst there's still time, and this time next year we could again be in the top half. It's exactly what has happened with Bolton and Wigan, and both deserve it for their swift and decisive action.

Gutted.

Sounded like another good performance but yet again you can't expect to win if you concede 3 goals.

Be interesting to see the goal chalked out for an alleged foul on James at 2-2. Could well have been the turning point. Sounds like Derbyshire finally getting a chance in his proper position almost swung it for us.

Simon Garner on Radio Lancs on Derbyshire's introduction:

"Nothing against McCarthy but Derbyshire will look interested."

:angry2:

Get shut of Benni in Jan and get some money in. And he can take Ooijer with him.

You'll be lucky. The woes at Rovers are about as interesting to 606 as our successes - not at all.

He's right, they couldn't care less about us, infact most of the national media will be loving it. They have love ins with a lot of clubs and our isn't one of them, just look at Spuds coverage, the tabloids covered 2 full pages on them when they were inbetween managers, we'll get a small column, well hidden under some miracle hair growth treatment.

Good second half after conceeding the 2 Portsmouth goals. It takes us 2 goals to start the game, not good at all.

In my opinion Pedersen should have put his foot, head, body anything infront of Sean Davis! He whimped out of it and we lose the game.

Derbyshire changed the game. He was VERY UNLUCKY to have his second goal disallowed. I could not see a foul worth blowing for.

The team looks very disjointed at the moment.

I cannot believe that Papa Diop ran from the half way line to our 18 yard box without a challenge as nobody could catch him, he hits a shot that Robbo saves and we have numerous chances to clear it but we dont and conceed the third.

MASS EXODUS JUMPING SHIP IN JANUARY.

Archived