BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Vs. Portsmouth Preview

Amo

• Replies 668
  • Created
  • Last Reply
now then lets see if things are equal on this board......i got a warning of 50% for using this word...its been used twice so it should be a ban...no offence to you mr c ,just seeing if things are on a level playing field on here thats all.

Oh Jesus, you running to the mods as well as Thenodrog? I'll take my warning if makes you happy.

There, better now?

I assume that you are in favour of his appointment then? Again, I do not feel that BFS is the right man to take Blackburn Rovers forward for several reasons;

1 - I do not like his style of play. My personal opinion.

2 - I dont think he has the character to recruit quality players on Rovers wage structure.

3 - The whole 'bung' situation a few years ago worries me

4 - The possible return of Kevin Davies

5 - His stint at Newcastle didn't entirley fill me with confidence

I have no idea who I would appoint to be honest. Now perhaps you could enlighten me as to why BFS is the right choice to Rovers?

1. Were we playing like Brazil under Hughes? Do we have the luxury to pick someone on more than just results?

2. I don't believe our wage structure is that different to Bolton's. He attracted plenty of quality players there.

3. There was barely a shred of proof there. Spurs had no problem appointing Redknapp.

4. What?

5. You mean his Newcastle stint where he took a side which had finished 5 points from relegation to previous season up to 11th in the table in January, promptly got sacked, after which the team slid all the way down into the relegation zone?! Yeah, what a terrible stint that was.

BFS:

1. Got a club our size into the sort of positions Hughes got us into regularly.

2. Is well known for turning round careers.

3. Will put the steel back in our side we've been missing.

4. Can manage on a shoestring

5. Has a proven track record.

The fact you can't name an alternative says it all.

Some posters believed stories from The Daily Mail when they were incorrect.

Some posters openly admitted their hatred for Ince.

I think you will find Tugs that the only people shouted down were/are the people who wanted Ince to succeed, dont believe me check out the Ince threads.

Realising someone is a mistake AFTER they have been given a FAIR chance is different to not backing and supporting him before that IMO.

How do you know the stories were incorrect? Not that it's relevant to the point, but I'm intriuged as to how you say this with such certainty.

Which posters openly admitted their hatred for Ince? Any of them on this thread that you are currently arguing with? Please back up with quotes.

You need to forget this "fair" crap - the only entity any of us need to be "fair" to is Blackburn Rovers FC - and subjecting our club to 15 games under the stewardship of this halfwit was absolutely anything but fair. Infact it's nigh on sabotage, deliberate or otherwise.

After the reaction from the fans when he was the favourite to take over, would you come? He knows the fans hate him and his style. Saying that, he maybe like most people in football and come if the right amount of money was waved under his nose.

When asked if he would like the Man Utd job when Fergie finally goes Martin O'Neill said 'No Thanks...... but I'd like to be the one to follow Alex Fergusons successor'.

Sums up the Allardyce scenario imo. Hughes was a tough act to follow but following Ince would be the football equivalent of falling off a log.

When asked if he would like the Man Utd job when Fergie finally goes Martin O'Neill said 'No Thanks...... but I'd like to be the one to follow Alex Fergusons successor'.

Sums up the Allardyce scenario imo. Hughes was a tough act to follow but following Ince would be the football equivalent of falling off a log.

Aye, I think you're right there. I gave Ince time to prove he could do it. He can't. Times up I'm afraid. The next in should be able to improve us, following Hughes was a hard act but following Ince should be a doddle.

How do you know the stories were incorrect? Not that it's relevant to the point, but I'm intriuged as to how you say this with such certainty.

Which posters openly admitted their hatred for Ince? Any of them on this thread that you are currently arguing with? Please back up with quotes.

You need to forget this "fair" crap - the only entity any of us need to be "fair" to is Blackburn Rovers FC - and subjecting our club to 15 games under the stewardship of this halfwit was absolutely anything but fair. Infact it's nigh on sabotage, deliberate or otherwise.

The players came out and said that the stories were incorrect. MGP, Emerton, Nelsen, Dunn, Warnock, etc, every player near a microphone confirmed this.

Phillip stated that he hated Ince, thats one, go back in the Ince thread and you will find it. The way Warnocks words were manipulated to batter Ince over the head was wrong, I said it to you (with no reply).

When you hire a manager 5 games should not be given until you are fired, that is not about being "fair" its also using your common sense, why give the guy 5 games then pay millions in comp, now after 15 games it is the right time.

Well I have so far counted a few of our pro ince members now deciding its time to give him the push, slowly but surely this proves that Ince and co (he is not totally to blame) have put Rovers in such a precarious position that his position is no longer tenable.

It just cannot get any worse.

Liverpoo visit us next week and with the game at old t midweek, even a United 3rd team will destroy us.

This Xmas cannot get any worse, credit crunch, high prices, no overtime, low wages and a poor performing football team.

That really is a crisis <_<

If ANY supporter, or indeed footballer needed an example of when a team is in it together they shoudl take a look at the reaction of the Arsenal players as they leave the pitch at Stamford Bridge.

That is TOGETHERNESS

That is THE WILL TO WIN

That is EFFORT

That is HOW TO DEFEND and FIGHT

Please BRFC show the video to our manager and team

No doubt Winterburn will bring a copy home with him, was he there again today or actually watching his employers?

The players came out and said that the stories were incorrect. MGP, Emerton, Nelsen, Dunn, Warnock, etc, every player near a microphone confirmed this.

AND GALLAS GOT CRUCIFIED FOR WHAT HE SAID ABOUT THE GUNNERS CAMP!

I heard the rumours via an ex ewood legend !

Its pointless gloating and arguing between fans who have been pro Ince or those who have been pretty vocal in the negative sense. Opinions do change and people may be wrong or correct. it would be a boring messageboard if every fan had the same views or opinions.

At last ........the voice of common sense. There are undoubtedly a fairly large number of people on this site who in their efforts to prove their own opinion right, or because of sheer stubbonness/stupidity have argued themselves into a position of complete and utter ridicule. That applies to both the pro and anti Ince brigade, and the time has now come to stop all this petty bickering and start to produce sensible suggestions that will make a positive statement to the club and board of directors. I just wish I could be there to play some small part in rescuing our great football club from it's present predicament. To those of you who can be there I implore you to get behind the club and the team and show your support and loyalty to Blackburn Rovers (not necessarily it's management) and do whatever needs to be done to get the board focused on saving the situation. DO IT NOW!!! What is the Fans Forum for? Are ther any other ways to mobilise the sensible opinion of the genuine and caring fans? Press or local Radio? Whatever!!!

1. The players came out and said that the stories were incorrect. MGP, Emerton, Nelsen, Dunn, Warnock, etc, every player near a microphone confirmed this.

2. Phillip stated that he hated Ince, thats one, go back in the Ince thread and you will find it. The way Warnocks words were manipulated to batter Ince over the head was wrong, I said it to you (with no reply).

3. When you hire a manager 5 games should not be given until you are fired, that is not about being "fair" its also using your common sense, why give the guy 5 games then pay millions in comp, now after 15 games it is the right time.

I've numbered your points for ease of response.

1. http://www.sportinglife.com/story_get.cgi?...ual_132654.html

2. You haven't quoted Philip? I didn't respond to your post because your reply didn't address mine. It's undeniable that dressing room unrest has been there - yet many denied it due to "no direct quotes from players". As soon as a player comes out and says it that gets brushed under the carpet and the issue is how Philip represented it.

3. So you agree he should not have been hired in the first place? Because that's what people were saying back in the Summer and getting abuse for. Whether you sack him after 5 games or 15 is largely irrelevant in terms of cost to get rid - it is however relevant to cost in (lack of) team progress. We've let it go way way too far.

The club needs a game plan and the only question the Chairman needs to answer is do I trust Ince with the transfer money more than I do someone I dont know who may not even want to come to the club.

The Chairman didn't even trust Hughes with transfer money last January even after raking in a bob or two more than we thought for Sav. After seeing what the money went on in summer I can't see Ince getting much at all.

Oh Jesus, you running to the mods as well as Thenodrog?

Not me cock. Stop making stuff up, I've not contacted a mod for ages.

This is indeed no time for the "I told you so" gloating, coming from some quarters, especially those who would like the club to dissolve itself into an outfit with our greatest rivals, in order to chase silverware.

Without injuries and the better-than-expected points tallies of Stoke and Hull, we might not be in the position we are, and Ince might have been able to squeeze enough points out of the squad to warrant midtable safety. But we are where we are and we need leadership to get us out of the mire. We still have real chance to make progress, but the games and points are slipping away.

This is indeed no time for the "I told you so" gloating, coming from some quarters, especially those who would like the club to dissolve itself into an outfit with our greatest rivals, in order to chase silverware.

Without injuries and the better-than-expected points tallies of Stoke and Hull, we might not be in the position we are, and Ince might have been able to squeeze enough points out of the squad to warrant midtable safety. But we are where we are and we need leadership to get us out of the mire. We still have real chance to make progress, but the games and points are slipping away.

Sounds like you're blaming Hull and Stoke for not lying down and taking their medicine!

Aye, I think thats it for me. Ince has to go. Games come thick and fast over the next few weeks and we desperatly need some direction.

For the record, I was neither anti or pro Ince. I was pro Rovers manager in August hoping he would do a good job whoever he may be. However, the board have to be brave now. Its not going to get any better and paying Ince off would a be a lot cheaper than relegation.

I had a sad sensation today.

I expected Rovers to get beat and in a strange way wanted us to get beat as I thought it would be the end of Ince, I have given Ince every opportunity to prove himself whilst not best pleased he was the chosen one this summer.

How much longer can anyone justify him still being in the position he is?

There is no point him being in charge against Liverpool, we have no chance at all of beating Liverpool, none at all, so get rid and bring somebody else him with the aim of having an impact on the team for the next league game and maybe gives us a Harry Redknapp shot in the arm that means we get somethng against Liverpool and possibly a second string Liverpool.

Archived