SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Vs. Portsmouth Preview

Amo

• Replies 668
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

It was a must win game for Ince. He lost.

He has to go ASAP, or we're down. 9 games without a win, our worst run in a decade (remember the last time we had a run like this? Didn't end well), and Liverpool up next.

It was a matter of time until running the club on the cheap bit JW and the Walker Trust on the arse, and now it has, they have the choice of spending some of the cash the club has earned them to get us out of this mess... or face the doldrums of Championship football for the foreseeable future.

I've numbered your points for ease of response.

1. http://www.sportinglife.com/story_get.cgi?...ual_132654.html

WHAT HAS BELLAMY GOT TO DO WITH THIS. :huh:

2. You haven't quoted Philip? I didn't respond to your post because your reply didn't address mine. It's undeniable that dressing room unrest has been there - yet many denied it due to "no direct quotes from players". As soon as a player comes out and says it that gets brushed under the carpet and the issue is how Philip represented it.

YOU CAN GO BACK OVER LAST MONTHS MESSAGES IF YOU WANT BUT HE DID SAY IT (SOMETHING ABOUT COMMENTS HE MADE AGAINST ROVERS WHILST A MAN UTD PLAYER?)

3. So you agree he should not have been hired in the first place? Because that's what people were saying back in the Summer and getting abuse for. Whether you sack him after 5 games or 15 is largely irrelevant in terms of cost to get rid - it is however relevant to cost in (lack of) team progress. We've let it go way way too far.

HINDSIGHT IS A WONDERFUL THING, NOW AFTER GETTING A FAIR CRACK AT THE WHIP THE ANSWER IS OBVIOUS, THIS DECISION WAS NOT WHEN YOURSELF AND OTHERS SAID INCE SHOULD BE SACKED. ABUSE? SOME PEOPLE WANTED HIM SACKED (JIM) BEFORE HE WAS OFFICIALLY MANAGER, IS THAT LOGICAL OR SENSIBLE?

QUESTION, A NEW MANAGER COMES IN AND IF HE LOSES 4 OUT OF THE FIRST 5 GAMES WOULD YOU WANT HIM SACKED? IF NOT WHY NOT?

just got back from the pompey game and although our defending was awful we had the ball in the net 4 times, the offside I didnt really get a great view of but the second disallowed wasnt a foul on james he played the officials hook, line and sinker. kudos to derbyshire he completely changed the game, feel robbed and didnt hear any ince-out chants

Back to the thread.

I listened to the game on Radio Lancs and my conclusion is that we need a new defence.

We are conceding far too many goals because we are making silly mistakes. How can you score twice away and still get nothing from the game?

At risk of sounding like a stuck record, we need Ooijer and Kizinishvili as our two central defenders with Emerton (second choice Simpson) at right back and Warnock at left back.

Nelson and Samba are too erratic to warrant their places.

Tugay is a must on the team sheet.

The rest are variables, and that includes Roque and Robbo.

well I was for PI, it was a risk, but a risk worth taking. A number of things that have happned that has made the pro PI group harder to keep faith with him

1 his back ground team are not up to the job and PI picked them

2 Its ok saying we still want to play good football like PI has stated, but at the end of the day its results that count and todate that does not look good.

3 is the club moving forward, are things getting better, answer NO

4 is the team hard to beat answer no

5 are the players up for the battle ahead, answer not sure

so based on the above sad to say, but its time for a change, while there is still time for someone new to change things around.

in life we all make mistakes the key is knowing that you have done so, and be brave to say so and to go down another road, look at spurs now. Does the board have the balls to say we messed up this time and its time to put things right.

Only time will answer the above

Just watched his bbc interview, he knows the pressure is definately on even though he says he doesnt feel pressured.

well Paul, we as fans feel pressure and if you dont your cleaarly not up to the job by understanding what predicament we are currently in.

I am not pro or Anti Ince - as I have said before Laudrup was my preference - but I did think Ince was worth a gamble - and I won't call Williams for making that call.

For me Ince had three matches to save his Rovers career - the first two being his best shot - he is now left in the unenviable position of winning against Liverpool for his future.

Interesting article in the people that the board have told him to get in better coaches. To be honest if they feel like that - they possibly need to get rid of Ince. His job as manager is to pick the best players, buy the correct players - and have a backroom staff that enables him to win matches. They were his choice - if the board have lost faith in his choices, for me they have lost faith in him.

Still can't believe the anti-Ince brigade being prepared to see Rovers lose to get Ince out - I never get over the depressing start to the week when we have lost.

Just got in from the game, after a comfort eating stop at Pizza Hut, and just thought i'd say how well I thought we played at times. I haven't read back through the pages yet to see what everyone elses opinions are but I felt we played pretty well today. Unfortunately mistakes cost us yet again and we managed to concede 3 goals which Portsmouth certainly didn't look like scoring with the way they played. We played pretty well and if it wasn't for a funny 5 minutes, we probably should have won the game in my opinion.

We had the ball a lot more and Tugay was superb in midfield but again we just didn't look like scoring at all in the final 3rd. When Derbyshire came on we suddenly looked to feed him in more and we became threatening as the Pompey defence suddenly had to run to defend whereas they were quite happy to just mark Benny McCarthy as he wasn't making any dangerous runs.

I'm refusing to have a go at Ince after this game, we played good football and when we pulled it back to 2-2, we had such a strong belief that we would win that game. We just need to add some pace up front to cause teams trouble or have some pacey wingers and most importantly we need to cut the silly mistakes.

Just watched his bbc interview, he knows the pressure is definately on even though he says he doesnt feel pressured.

well Paul, we as fans feel pressure and if you dont your cleaarly not up to the job by understanding what predicament we are currently in.

His job as manager is to keep the pressure off the players as much as possible. Wouldn't do any good to publically state he probably only has one match to save his skin.

im all for BFS at this current time. we need to play dirty ugly football to get out of this mess and you can guarantee he will make us difficult to beat.

either BFS or george donis.

Please do no forget B F S is Bolton through an through.Our rivals,from 10 miles away.

I am embarrased to think the @#/? could ever manage at Ewood.

Think beyond the 10 mile radius please.

Please do no forget B F S is Bolton through an through.Our rivals,from 10 miles away.

I am embarrased to think the @#/? could ever manage at Ewood.

Think beyond the 10 mile radius please.

Right. Well, I'm embarrassed that we have a management team that were locking horns with Accrington Stanley last season. ( does this mean that we have to rule out Owen Coyle as well? ;) )

It was nice to read a couple of these posts from Tim and someone else which were actually about the game. All this bickering between you lot is ridiculous and very over the top. It's like your a bunch of old women wanting drama so you have something to talk about on here.

There is a pattern, read the majority of posts recently from people at the game and you will see words like 'unlucky, played well, NO ince-out chants' and read posts from majority of people who werent at the game and its all negative and anti-ince.

YES we are in a very bad position but we are paying Ince to get us out of this position and who says he can't. It is clear that the players are behind him and are putting in the effort as we have been unlucky recently. Until the players stop altogether and he loses the dressing room we stick with him. The board won't sack him before then so i suggest you all just start supporting him because im sure he wants this to turn around like most of us do. If your a football fan you have to learn to take the highs and the lows. All of this seems like nothing new to me. It's a bad run of games. It's depressing and annoying yes. Next week certainly isn't going to get any easier. But a few wins over the christmas period can lift us up the table. Im not in dreamland saying that and if this form carries on until January we are in bigger trouble. All im saying is, Ince is our manager, we are paying him to tackle the bad situations aswell as take the glory in the good situations. The season has a long way to go. Right now the team and the manager needs the support of the fans more than ever. The players are behind him so why don't you get your moaning backsides behind them all too.

@ Blackpool_Rover - It's all well and good hypothesizing that Ince COULD turn it around, but our current form doesn't suggest anything other than relegation. Tottenham could have played a waiting game with Ramos, but instead they chopped him and got Redknapp in and now they've climbing the table. We've given Ince a fair amount of time to sort the club out, but in this day and age we can't afford to wait on the off-chance he'll be the next messiah. We need a new manager now to assess the squad, and make some inquiries for January.

I read people saying we should let Ince know what we think at the Liverpool home game and I agree. We should tell him and the players that we are 100% supporting the club and we will be that 12th man and support them through these tough times and hopefully onto successful times.

Paul Ince's Blue & White Army!

It was nice to read a couple of these posts from Tim and someone else which were actually about the game. All this bickering between you lot is ridiculous and very over the top. It's like your a bunch of old women wanting drama so you have something to talk about on here.

There is a pattern, read the majority of posts recently from people at the game and you will see words like 'unlucky, played well, NO ince-out chants' and read posts from majority of people who werent at the game and its all negative and anti-ince.

YES we are in a very bad position but we are paying Ince to get us out of this position and who says he can't. It is clear that the players are behind him and are putting in the effort as we have been unlucky recently. Until the players stop altogether and he loses the dressing room we stick with him. The board won't sack him before then so i suggest you all just start supporting him because im sure he wants this to turn around like most of us do. If your a football fan you have to learn to take the highs and the lows. All of this seems like nothing new to me. It's a bad run of games. It's depressing and annoying yes. Next week certainly isn't going to get any easier. But a few wins over the christmas period can lift us up the table. Im not in dreamland saying that and if this form carries on until January we are in bigger trouble. All im saying is, Ince is our manager, we are paying him to tackle the bad situations aswell as take the glory in the good situations. The season has a long way to go. Right now the team and the manager needs the support of the fans more than ever. The players are behind him so why don't you get your moaning backsides behind them all too.

THE PLAYERS ARE BEHIND HIM ????????????? COS YOU'VE READ IT IN THE PRESS LOL

I read people saying we should let Ince know what we think at the Liverpool home game and I agree. We should tell him and the players that we are 100% supporting the club and we will be that 12th man and support them through these tough times and hopefully onto successful times.

Paul Ince's Blue & White Army!

He's not good enough Tim and we DONT have enough time....cant you see that?

Archived