BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Fa Cup

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I am goidng to haveb dto htake two days offf work for this game

I dont give a monkeys whether its ons a monday will be there cheersing the boys on.

Paul Ince's Blue and Wgie ArmyQQQ

I'm not sure whether your keyboards got a cold or not... :D

Are you thinking about giving Paul Ince a wedgie by any chance? :D

In case it hasn't been mentioned, if Spartans win the replay the tie will be played at Croft Park and not moved to St James.

The club also confirms that providing we get through to the next round, the match against Blackburn Rovers will be played at Croft Park on either Sunday 4th Jan or Monday 5th Jan it will be all ticket and televised.

• 2 weeks later...

I'll be at the replay tonight, it's live on Setanta at 19:45 for those interested.

Been reading a few articles on the game and spotted this.

Shearer is rooting for Blyth and Fenton, and he joked today: “Looking back at that night at Ewood Park, I deliberately missed a few chances against Newcastle and what happens but Graham comes off the bench and before I knew it he popped in a couple of goals.

“I gave him some right stick in the dressing room afterwards.”

<_<

Shearer Backs Blyth for Cup Shock

Yeah to be honest it really hit home during that FA Cup draw and Blyth's reaction to it how lucky we are to be in our current position. For Blyth this is their big game, players like Pedersen, Nelsen, McCarthy who we justifiably complain about week in week out suddenly become superstars for them.

It serves as a reminder that although we're a pretty small club in the context of the biggest league in the world, in the context of football in general we're massive.

I think that someone from Blyth said that they would have to move it to another (bigger) ground if they got through and were playing us.

Could have been tricky under Ince, but I'm hoping now that the lads will turn a corner and easily get through the tie

Archived