BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Fa Cup

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Spartans we're poor tonight, just like 90% of the season so far, which is why we're 2nd bottom, as with Rovers :(

The sending off made a big difference in the game.

It should be an easy route through for us into the next round, although the pitch is a mess and it was cutting up quite bad.

As everyone round here are Newcastle fans, they want Souey in charge so they can give him some stick.

Just seen it was Ged Dalton who scored for Blyth, was'nt he the 15-16 year old next big thing we had on trial from scarboro a couple of years ago! He better not have the game of his life against us, but its quite likely he will. Every player thats looked rubbish against every other team or had a point to prove always chooses matches against rovers to shine, ala Heskey!

Last time we played non league opposition from the North East, I was there. Willington away in 1973, we scraped a 0-0 draw out of it before beating them at Ewood in the replay, played on a week day afternoon because of the miners strike and being unable to use the floodlights in the evening!

Cold one that day as I recall - played in a category 5 hurricane. Didn't they hit the bar near the end of the first game?

I think I read somewhere that Blyth will be getting £160,000 from Setanta for this televised game. To a club the size of Blyth its massive.

I just love the FA Cup, the greatest football competition in the world imo. You just have to see the reaction from fans and players when they get a chance to play against some of the biggest names in football, sometimes against their idols.

Upto and including our match Spartans will have got between £300,000 and £400,000.

Fair play to them they could have stuck it at St James and got over 20,000 people to make even more, but the manager reckons they have a chance on the Croft Park pitch :glare:

They we're close to going out of business a few years ago with a £55,000 inland revenue bill, so this year has been amazing for the club.

Another Rover in Blyth? :o

I thought I was the only Rover in the village

I'm from Blyth also (accy originally tho) - I live up near Asda (Chase Farm) in Blyth and thought I would be the only one!

We've technically got enough for a "Blyth Rovers" fanclub - anyone got a big England flag? :P

Looking forward to this don't think I'll manage to get a ticket though :angry2:

Where you from Ewood?

I'm was born and brought up in Heaton in my first few years, then have been in Blyth ever since (26 now). Live in the town centre.

The 'Blyth Rovers' are born :lol:

Unless you have a ticket stub from the Bournemouth game, and then go the the Goatsheed game on boxing day, then you probably won't get a ticket in the Spartans end.

Other option is to buy a half season ticket for £105 and you are guaranteed a ticket for the cup game to buy if you want. That puts Spartans season ticket prices near to Rovers :o

Anyway if I get my ticket in the Blyth end it's going to my mate for his Birthday, i'm going in the Rovers end, my Dad is picking the tickets up from Ewood sending them up.

Can't see Rovers selling all 1060, so you could definitely get a ticket that way.

Archived