BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Fa Cup

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yes he is, top night out in Bournemouth one of the best in the country sounds like a weekender.

Thought you only went to Bournemouth to retire and then die?

Agree on the weekender, Blyth ??? I've been with work, no thanks, they'll all be too smacked up to watch the game....

Agree on the weekender, Blyth ??? I've been with work, no thanks, they'll all be too smacked up to watch the game....

Bournemouth used to be a place to retire and die...but now they've all died and it's full of young people!

If the weather is good then it's a great place for the weekend. You've got lots of shops, some great clubs and best of all you might spot Lucy Pinder on the beach! :D

Bournemouth used to be a place to retire and die...but now they've all died and it's full of young people!

If the weather is good then it's a great place for the weekend. You've got lots of shops, some great clubs and best of all you might spot Lucy Pinder on the beach! :D

Are we expecting a heatwave in January?!!!

no offence to the rover from blyth...ive worked in blyth and its a smackhead heaven and a rough cess pit....and thats the posh bit.

As opposed to Blyth where the people are already dead. I've been and believe men do exist who walk aroung in flat caps with whippets. It's grim grim and thrice grim.

Any body remember the "Football Flyer" that the club put on for a night league game to Bournemouth in 1973. A coach was organised to Blackpool airport and a special charter plane to Bournemouth airport, followed by a coach to the game. Total cost £13.50. Only problem was that we got beat 3-0

Any body remember the "Football Flyer" that the club put on for a night league game to Bournemouth in 1973. A coach was organised to Blackpool airport and a special charter plane to Bournemouth airport, followed by a coach to the game. Total cost £13.50. Only problem was that we got beat 3-0

Remember that John, but wasn't allowed to go.

Did however go on the specially chartered "Ewood Express" train to Chesterfield with my Dad.

We lost that one as well! 2-0 I think. Not sure if Tony Parkes got sent off for deliberate handball. Jumped up and caught it basketball style as I recall.

We lost that one as well! 2-0 I think. Not sure if Tony Parkes got sent off for deliberate handball. Jumped up and caught it basketball style as I recall.

No top player in their right mind would do that these days. They'd drop it, then say they were pushed.

no offence to the rover from blyth...ive worked in blyth and its a smackhead heaven and a rough cess pit....and thats the posh bit.

Like everywhere, it has it's good and bad parts. Luckily I live and work in the nice bit ;)

When we're you here? Every reference to Blyth was followed by drugs at one point, but it's a lot better than it was, and no worse than any other part of the country now.

The place is undergoing massive regeneration at the moment, so you might not recognize it :lol:

I would have been strange going in the away end at Spartans anyway.

Blackburn beckoning, but Blyth may have to take goals to Newcastle

Blyth Spartans will consult the FA on Monday to find out whether they can stage a potential third-round tie against Premier League Blackburn at their tiny, 4,200-capacity Croft Park ground.

The Blue Square North side must first overcome Bournemouth in a replay next week.

If they win, Blyth could be forced to move the match against Blackburn, with Newcastle’s St James’ Park a possible alternative venue.

Blyth, who drew a crowd of 2,500 for their first-round victory over League Two side Shrewsbury, look certain to make the return against Bournemouth an all-ticket fixture.

Club secretary Ian Evans said: ‘I don’t think we will able to stage the Blackburn match at Croft Park.

'The police may insist that we switch to a neutral ground because so many people will want to see the game.’

Back in 1978, Blyth moved a fifth round replay against Wrexham to St James’ Park and although they lost 2-1, a crowd of 42,000 watched the tie.

The current team heard the draw on Sunday on their team coach, as they made the eight-hour, 372-mile trek back to the North-East following Saturday’s 0-0 draw against a side that included former England winger Darren Anderton.

Assistant manager Graham Fenton will be especially keen to face Blackburn after spending nearly two years at Ewood Park and playing alongside Alan Shearer, Chris Sutton and Graeme Le Saux.

Fenton said: ‘We have a big game before we can think about facing Blackburn, but it’s certainly a good incentive for everyone at the club to get through against Bournemouth.

‘The fans were fantastic yesterday, travelling down to the south coast in such numbers.

'I think there will be a huge crowd next Tuesday because they know what’s at stake.’

I'm afraid to say that its at times like these(and we haven't had a time like this for some time!) that the cup competitions can go to hell for me!

I can't go along with that SG - winning the Carling Cup and the knock on effect was probably what kept us up in 2002. We need a shot in the arm, the more winnable games put in front of us right now the better.

Bournemouths stadium has been revamped. Does anyone remember the rainfall a good few years ago when Rovers fans had to go int he stand due to the water depth in the away end?

I was at that game. Think it was a midweek cup game around 1993/94 and Shearer scored in a 1-0 win. Horribly wet and no shelter. Driving home in boxer shorts due to being soaked and getting home at 4am wasnt fun either! Those were the days!

Also remember a 4-2 win there around 1988 with a Garner brace.

Cup games are useful. Remember the Fulham/Everton/Newcastle run we went on? Winning breeds confidence, so the more games like this we have, the better.

Excuse me trying to burst your balloons, but do I not remember a certain Bournemouth knocking us out of the cup not so long back????

Archived