BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Fa Cup

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To be fair, Harry said before the match that this isn't priority right now, considering they are in a relegation battle, in the league cup semi and still in Europe (Bruce also said how the FA Cup is a great competition, but that priority is Premiership survival).

Not a huge amount of Prem teams out - City got a pasting and Bolton lost the all Prem tie with Sunderland, along with the early Stoke exit. Chelsea's replay at Southend looks tricky, as does West Brom's at Peterboro and Pompey at Bristol City.

If Derbyshire can't get into the Rovers first XI at the moment then Garner wouldn't be near it either. He made the right decision in leaving. Now everyone can see what a good prospect he is.

Not sure I agree with that. Derbyshire would get 20 a season in the Championship but he clearly isn't much up to much in the Premiership. Lacks strength, pace, or cleverness - you need an exceptional amount of one of those attributes at least to be a first rate striker in the Prem. I don't see how Garner could really expect to be a success.

Similar record to Gally at Plymouth.

True but Gally is 24 already. Would've liked to see him back though.

Chances are Garner wouldn't have turned into a first team regular but was worth keeping him on the books and sending him out on loan, then sticking him on the bench for next season and seeing if it worked out. It's just a shame with the dearth of quality players we produce from the club that we had one who actually looks half decent at least.

Oh well, wish him all the best anyway.

Ashley Young dive/soft penalty going to send Villa through against Gillingham.

Interesting next round potentially with a couple of premier league sides out and a few facing replays. If we can get through against Blyth and get a few lucky draws we might stand a chance of going far.

The FA cup is a cup i really would love us to win, we have a great history in this competition and it would exactly 80 years since we last won it. And we would join a pretty exclusive club, winning the premier league, league and FA cup.

Lets hope we don't draw bloody Le Arse in the next round.

Although he's a good manager I've never liked Martin O'Neill much and today touchline histrionics just shows what a smacked arse he has become since villa have enjoyed a spot of relative success. He's spent all afternoon frantically pressurising the ref into giving imblanced decisions. If he isn't careful he'll do a Jock Stein

Although he's a good manager I've never liked Martin O'Neill much and today touchline histrionics just shows what a smacked arse he has become since villa have enjoyed a spot of relative success. He's spent all afternoon frantically pressurising the ref into giving imblanced decisions. If he isn't careful he'll do a Jock Stein

He is a decent manager but theres something i just don't like about him, can't quite put my finger on what it is. Villa from what i've seen have been incredibly lucky this season, they should have lost against us after we battered them. They have a pretty small squad as well, an injury to Young or Agbonlawhore i think will see them slide down the table.

I'd disagree with this assessment of Villa and O'Neill. Like him or lump him O'Neill has proved himself as an excellent manager and if Man Utd were to pick him out as Ferguson's successor I don't think anyone would really argue with it. And while Villa might not have a big squad, their first XI is a cut above the rest of the chasing pack for the top 4 slots. Petrov, Milner, Sidwell, Laursen, Luke Young etc are all quality players. They play attractive football and I think having an English nucleus really helps them as it must help them gel as a team and communicate that bit better.

He is a decent manager but theres something i just don't like about him, can't quite put my finger on what it is. Villa from what i've seen have been incredibly lucky this season, they should have lost against us after we battered them. They have a pretty small squad as well, an injury to Young or Agbonlawhore i think will see them slide down the table.

I agree, he's overly petulant in my mind. He wasn't like that as a player but he's very child like when he's on the touchline. Paid off today though, penalty given to them for a nothing incident 10 mins from the end ! Thanks for coming Ref.

Archived