BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Fa Cup

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just read the article in the sun about Fergie finding a 128-year-old law that means replays can be avoided, the rule says that clubs who draw their first game after 90 minutes can play extra time straight away, without waiting for a replay.

Apparently he tried to invoke this rule but failed because it needs to be invoked within 7 days of the draw being made.

Does anybody else think that this is a good idea? I think that both Rovers and Sunderland would rather not have to play another game if it went to a replay!

It would either have to be one of those that everyone does or noone does. what happens if one team wants to invoke it and the other doesn't? I would imagine that if a team from the conference were playing Man U at home, they'd very much like to take a replay back to Old Trafford etc.

I think we should just be thankful that we only have one replay nowadays - we could be playing Sunderland every week for the forseeable future if the old system of replays was still in place.

Is it just me, or has anyone else noticed that Sky are underplaying the FA Cup now that they dont have the tv rights.

Yesterday Soccer Saturday the panel were watching 1st 2nd div games and Jeff was basically just reading the FA Cup results from the ticker tape.

Is it just me, or has anyone else noticed that Sky are underplaying the FA Cup now that they dont have the tv rights.

Yesterday Soccer Saturday the panel were watching 1st 2nd div games and Jeff was basically just reading the FA Cup results from the ticker tape.

They're just trying to pretend it doesn't exist.

Now that the Prem teams are in they have to acknowledge it, but when it was just the 1st and 2nd round there was barely a mention of it!

BURNLEY HOME OR AWAY

I'm not sure where you live but I'm sure that the vast majority of people like myself who live in areas where there are Dingles will not want this. Even regenerated under Allardyce The Dingles would beat us........and the likes of me wouldn't hear the last of it for years.

I'm not sure where you live but I'm sure that the vast majority of people like myself who live in areas where there are Dingles will not want this. Even regenerated under Allardyce The Dingles would beat us........and the likes of me wouldn't hear the last of it for years.

I agree, it would be the draw from hell.

Couldn't even bare the thought it, imagine role reversal after so long.

That's what Sky do. If you ever watch Sky Sports News, the big stories are always in the sports they have the coverage rights for.

That's what Sky do. If you ever watch Sky Sports News, the big stories are always in the sports they have the coverage rights for.

My daughter's sports journalism tutors are always reminding them that Sky did not invent football - they just think they did.

I guess as they dont cover the games, they dont get the live feeds for the panel to watch the games

Doubt that. They cover UEFA Cup games and things that they don't have the rights for.

But those games are showing on other channels at that time such as channel 5 or ITV 4. There were no games on other channels at 3pm yesterday, so would have to depend on their own feeds which they will not have for the FA Cup.

I dont know, i am only guessing. Im not sure why I even thinking about this.

On the fa cup draw, I would take Burnley or WBA at home. I think WBA will sneek it, Burnley must be close to running out of steam. I would take us to beat either at home anyway. Not sure about away.

Its rather sad that our own supporters wouldnt relish a game against our old enemy.

I would love it.

Despite their recent successes, and you have to hand it to them, they would not relish a trip to Ewood or indeed welcome us visiting the turd.

I say bring it on, but dont you think if the draw comes out and we lose against Sunderland we will be accused of bottling it ??

I am not in the least scared about facing Burnley.

The result has been a foregone conclusion this season- if we played them under Ince we'd have lost, playing them under Sam we will win.

Coyle has done such a brilliant job that nobody is noticing that in reality the players they have got are extremely limited and would be dropping out of the Championship like a stone under a less gifted gaffer. I am sure that explains why when they get on a bad run, it turns into a really bad run like the one they are on now (they were six points clear of 7th and just 3 points away from 2nd at one point) or the bad run they had at the start of the season.

If you have a wily experienced premier manager and a well-motivated set of PL players, and play high tempo stuff against them disrupting their shape, Spuds' four goals in one half is par for the course.

The individual odds of Sunderland v West Brom (or reversed) coming out of the hat are the usual one in fifteen at this stage but Rovers and the dingles have been in so many draws together recently that the cumulative odds of us getting them must be getting towards evens.

I am not in the least scared about facing Burnley.

The result has been a foregone conclusion this season- if we played them under Ince we'd have lost, playing them under Sam we will win.

Coyle has done such a brilliant job that nobody is noticing that in reality the players they have got are extremely limited and would be dropping out of the Championship like a stone under a less gifted gaffer. I am sure that explains why when they get on a bad run, it turns into a really bad run like the one they are on now (they were six points clear of 7th and just 3 points away from 2nd at one point) or the bad run they had at the start of the season.

If you have a wily experienced premier manager and a well-motivated set of PL players, and play high tempo stuff against them disrupting their shape, Spuds' four goals in one half is par for the course.

The individual odds of Sunderland v West Brom (or reversed) coming out of the hat are the usual one in fifteen at this stage but Rovers and the dingles have been in so many draws together recently that the cumulative odds of us getting them must be getting towards evens.

Phillip , I thought you were an accountant, the odds of us drawing the Dingles are exactly the same as the odds for drawing any other team.

We are ball number 4, Burnley are 11.

1 Liverpool or Everton

2 Manchester United

3 Hull City

4 Sunderland or Blackburn Rovers

5 West Ham United

6 Sheffield United

7 Cardiff City or Arsenal

8 Swansea City

9 Chelsea

10 Doncaster Rovers or Aston Villa

11 West Bromwich Albion or Burnley