BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Fa Cup

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chuffed with the draw, Sunderland in the replay won't be easy but there is more incentive to win and do Coventry on a revenge mission to reach the last 8.

If we make the last 8, we are one game from Wembley as I think the semi finals are played there instead of club neutral grounds.

Yes you are right re SFs at Wembley- and they will be horribly expensive.

All the Big 4 are still in the Cup and are separated in the Fifth Round Draw with the possibility of all four facing Championship opposition. Of course two of them could lose 4th round replays.

If we get past Sunderland (who will be fancying the draw themselves) hopefully the lads will feel it is over due revenge time. At least Coventry will be bringing a decent-sized following with them.

Having watched the second half of Liv v Everton, the ten minutes after Mascherano's dive up to the 85th minute was quite possibly the highest tempo-played football I can ever remember seeing. Incredible pace and skills from both sides.

Having the Semi at Wembley takes all the romance out of it. It should be finals only.

Makes no sense if we got, say, Everton in the semi final and both had to go all the way down there.

Just about the only circumstances Rovers would sell their SF allocation would be if we were playing the dingles.

I wonder if their yellow double deckers would manage to make it down there?

We have a good chance to get to the last 8. I know we could have done without another game, but I'm glad that we have a chance to progress at home. If we can beat Sunderland, we should be good enough to beat Coventry. I know that the league is our priority, but a good cup run would make up for a poor season and hopefully will help our league form, which has been good. Nothing inspires confidence like winning, so if we can keep on winning in the cup, confidence will be good in the league and vice versa. The league is our priority, but cup runs are always exciting and earn the club more money.

We have a good chance to get to the last 8. I know we could have done without another game, but I'm glad that we have a chance to progress at home. If we can beat Sunderland, we should be good enough to beat Coventry. I know that the league is our priority, but a good cup run would make up for a poor season and hopefully will help our league form, which has been good. Nothing inspires confidence like winning, so if we can keep on winning in the cup, confidence will be good in the league and vice versa. The league is our priority, but cup runs are always exciting and earn the club more money.

We should have been good enough to beat Cov last time out too!

• 2 weeks later...

I wanted to buy a couple of tickets for the Coventry cup tie, but the online service is still advertising last night's match (which I bought tickets for online).

No sign of Coventry tickets online, despite them being on sale from today. Come on Rovers - it's every time when you try to book online - always late.

Archived