BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Liverpool Preview

Cocker

• Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bit worried about the line-up. Ooijer isn't a right-back, and the midfield of Andrews & Tugay could get torn apart. Also, I'm surprised McCarthy isn't partnering Cruz up front. Derbyshire strikes me more as an impact player.

Its been interesting to see how Jason Roberts has completely flown off the radar in the last few weeks.

Is Ince going to do a 'Vogel' with him?

I've nrver thought he was good enough to play week in week out at Premiership level (especially his finishing) but surely he worth a place on the bench ahead of Fowler?

I can´t believe Ince.

Vogel should have been in the squad all season but Ince, for his own sake, should not have selected him today.

If he brings Vogel on there will be a huge cheer and this will be an excuse for people to use it as an opportunity to have a go at Ince. This game, with Ince under so much pressure, is not the time to be throwing in a player you have been ignoring all season. If he plays poorly it will not be any advantage to Ince desperately needing a win. If he plays well then it will just make it look like Ince was wrong not to have been using him all season. Ince cannot win with this move. The best for him would probably be to keep him on the bench but even then there might well be calls to throw him on from the fans which would likewise put pressure on him.

This seems remarkably strange timing...is Ince in full control of picking the squad and team? Or has he been pressured to use Vogel?

Very strange situation all round.

Oh and putting Fowler on the bench is not the best of moves either. If he brings him on then I would have to wonder if he is trying to antagonise the fans and just wants out quickly with a nice, juicy payoff.

if hes gone tonite, has ince choose this team ?

I think so - this team largely picks itself.

The only debates :-

Oiijer rather than Simpson or Emerton - think he has gone for experience, and Emo is needed in midfield

MGP rather than Treacy or Carlos - again experience and more defensive cover

Derbs rather than McCarthy - pace and work rate - against lethargy. Though personally I would have played Roberts - who seems to have completely gone off the radar since he signed his new contract.

Commmmmeee onnnnnn youuu blueesssss

As for the team I do not have too many complaints although I would have preferred Emerton back at RB with Ooijer replacing Nelsen in the middle. Not sure who would be on the right...maybe Judge?

I would not have Vogel or Fowler on the bench either if I was Ince as bringing on either will just be like a red rag to a bull for the Rovers fans. Why invite pressure on yourself when you already have far more than enough as it is?

Wonder what sort of shape Vogel is in? IMO he was dire last season and I truly believe that his best days are long behind him now.

Well, on paper that team looks rather solid although I think Oojer could struggle against the pace of Liverpool on the break. Lets just hope he has been told to sit back and leave our defensive forward duties to Warnock.

Derbyshire is also a strange one. I admit I am not a fan of his, but surley this is a game for the power house that is Roberts? I think Liverpool's back four will keep Derbyshire in their pocket quite successfully this afternoon.

For the first time in a while I'm actually a little excited and positive about this match.

2-1 Rovers (Ince to go on a four match winning streak ;) )

:brfc:

Decent performance so far. At least we're closing the Liverpool players down all the time and tackle hard but fair. Also good to see that there isn't 500 miles between the defence and the midfield. Absolutely ludicrous commentatory on Setanta Sports, though, spouting @#/? about how it's "ridiculous to judge Paul Ince so early", and that we all should keep in mind that we're a "small club who have been constantly punching above our weight for a long time".

Archived