BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Liverpool Preview

Cocker

• Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It was a courageous performance by the blues- and yet the end result was atypical of us this season.

They tried there socks off, yes, but after a good first half they never hit the target til it was too late. Santa Cruz should have done much better with his first header- personally I felt although he was carrying a knock he didn't look very interested yesterday. As for Liverpool they were very average- they were booed off the park by there own fans last weekend. The first goal was coming. They knocked in a right wing cross which was headed down by our defenders into the D a few times, our defensive midfield wasn't there to clear. Prior to the second goal they were making a lot of progress up their right-flank (also notable for Bouba-Diops' run last week), Benayoun did well but the threat should have been identified and managed. 2-0 game over. Liverpool's third goal was much like many this season- we chase the game and commit hari kiri.

I can't remember last time we actually went ahead first. If we admit that we're not threatening the opposition goal enough we need to do one thing first- lock up at the back. If we can change it so we are making clear cut chances then great but we need to become hard to play against and mean in defence first- exactly how sparky turned it round

How on earth would that cheer anyone up? It's a sad reminder of an opportunity lost. I feel quite unwell when I think of those glorious days. :(

another defeat at thehands of liverpool? can't see me tuning in for that

Anyone else think Ince's 'small club' mentality is rubbing off onto the fans? We keep hearing that Rovers huffed & puffed, but didn't have enough to get anything from the game. It makes us sound like a lower league club in the FA Cup. Liverpool were there for the taking without Torres & Keane, and yet they didn't even need to play particularly well to beat us 3-1.

It was an improved performance yesterday but it still was ultimately not good enough.

Some of the fans on here seem to care more to be seen as "better" fans than others by backing the manager regardless. It is tradition of football supporter masochism which leads fans to recall rainy Tuesday evening trips to Grimsby and Shrewsbury as a badge of their devotion in the game Roverite one-upmanship. Well I remember going to Grimsby on a weeknight and would rather Rovers did not have to do it again just yet thank you very much....I´m not a real supporter some will say to that...back the team! Well sorry but I am a fan of Rovers and not a fan of Ince. We have a chance of avoiding relegation.

If you think this performance was good enough...and it wasn´t as we were beaten by a Liverpool team having a bit of an off-day...then the question should be if they are showing their support for Ince then why did they not do it against Man U in midweek when Ince also desperately needed a win? Why did they not do it against Portsmouth when we desperately needed to? Why did they not do it against Spurs? Oh forgot...that was outstanding.....and why did they not do it against Sunderland?

10 league games without a win. We could well be two wins away from safety. Not good enough for Rovers. Sorry but an improved but not particularly good performance after 9 previous games without a win...that is NOT good enough for Blackburn Rovers Football Club.

Feel free to say I am not a proper fan or you are better than me. I do not care. I will however keep my own opinion of what I think is what the Rovers board and JW need to do to give us our one chance of surviving relegation. They better get it right as it is the only one we have.

Some fans seem to be bigging up this Liverpool team that we lost so narrowly to. Lets be real, it was a Liverpool team shorn of over £50m of talent and had a mixture of youth and experience. It was a team that Rovers could have beaten. It was NOT a full fast flowing team as we saw.

Those claiming Andrews had a good gaem, when are you going to get real ?

Its okay passing to a player and finding him on the odd occasion.

What about the end result ?

What about the tackling ?

What about the defending ?

What about the creativity ?

Yes he can run around, and yesterday he ran around in circles. He was found wanting again and again.

Its nothing personal I can assure you its based on being a football man, a supporter and experience. There is no pass and move about him and he is clearly nowhere ready for the Premiership nor will he ever be.

The guy is 28/29 years of age and IF he was any good, I repeat he would have made far many more appearances in this league. The harsh reality is Ince picked a dud one and he is nowhere near the standard that WE and Rovers require in our team. I dont want to hear about injuries because it is football.

Reading the press it now appears all over for Ince and co, I would be happy with Ince staying IF he got rid of the idiots behind him but if we accept the recent reports then all is definately not well behind the scenes.

There is no smoke without fire and there are too many things coming to light for them not to be true.

Rovers, its time to move on, make the right decision and save the club.

Hang on a minute fella, they are top of the league, had 50 Million ON THE BENCH and had not conceded for 6 hours before RSC notched!!

Winning this was silk thread of a chance, Wigan however, is a different matter.

DOTR

Yes they are top of the league but the team they had out was nowhere near their best, it was cerainly poorer than last seasons visit to Ewood when we beat them 1-0.

They were NOWHERE near as good a footballing side as Arsenal (0-4), Chelsea (0-2) and Manure (0-2).

They still managed 3 goals whilst we had what 3 efforts on target all game ?

With a little more effort and creativity Rovers have the firepower to score goals.

That is the point I was making.

I don't get it. Granted I wasn't there yesterday but I cannot comprehend some fans views. We've put just one honest shift in out of the last ten games but some still back Ince to remain as manager. Where's the evidence that we'll suddenly win a game after going so long without one? By all of a sudden deciding to actually turn up for one match out of ten?

If we do keep Ince for next weekends game with Wigan then we'll lose. I'm just being realistic after so long without a win, and countless gutless and clueless displays. If we do lose to Wigan will the people backing Ince still claim that we can turn things round? Some will still claim that he needs a few more games.

We could well be rock bottom after this afternoon, needing two wins to get even out of the drop zone (that's even before the teams around us have played two games) with Christmas just a couple of weeks away.

A change is needed NOW, in the next day or so before our it's too late for a new man to change things.

To be honest, Rovers' performance was like WBA's today- very honest but screaming RELEGATION.

One of the things I like to do at the end of the match is to watch Ince's reaction.

What I noticed was that very few of the players shook his hand, even though quite a number walked off reasonably close to him. Some did-I think Samba might have been the first.

Gerrard got a big hug.

Another conspiracy theory according to some, Jan. There was some consolation for his fans though :P

Apologies for going off topic - reasons to be cheerful are few and far between at the moment.

There was- he still shouldn't have been bottom, though!!

Apologies for further off topic, but more fun than our games at the moment

I thought that we were poor on Saturday. Lots of huff, puff and genuine effort but we gave the ball away too much (story of the season) and created only 2 chances on goal. Liverpool were also poor but still manged to easily beat us.

Peds was decent, Samba was fine and Tugay was awesome. If it were not for Robbo then Liverpool would have had 6.

As for ince.....was his tea spiked? What did he mean by a 92 minute substitution......madness!

Archived