BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Liverpool Preview

Cocker

Robinson - God guys open your eyes - he's ineffectual and spoilt any chance of passing play wi't big yourkshire 'eve oh' every time. Shots - 2 hit at him and some think he's god. Rubbish - first out under any decent manager. Awful for both the 2nd and 3rd goals (3rd required 'eve oh and he duffed it).

Subs: Treacy - keep out of pub and off beer - Fat

Villenuava - see above

MCCarthy -- Mmmm... after a dire year - looks like a hitman again - keep off girlies?

Villenuava didn't come on as a sub, it was Vogel who was the 2nd sub!

As for Robinson, your right in the sense that he could have done better for the second, but that is about it. Benayoun is that close to the goal, all he has to do it hit the corner and Robinson has no time to react. A keeper can take a chance and cover the far post but if the striker puts it near post you look a fool. Poor defending by Warnock and good attacking skills caused the goal.

The third he stops the striker being through one on one with him, a gamble worth taking, the problem is that nobody has run back with the other Liverpool attackers.

The first looks soft but Robinson can't see it until its to late to do anything about and it takes a deflection.

On the Tugay issue, he looked gutted after the first goal. I think it was him who gave the ball away in the centre of the park.

• Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not been on or watched MOTD since I got back. First things first, that was MUCH, MUCH better than Sunderland and Pompy.

First half we looked in complete control and should have taken the lead when Pedersens screamer smashed the bar. The BBE was absolutely rocking when we were pressuring them, but we couldn't get a goal. We chased down every ball and this was the key. We didn't give them any time on the ball and forced them into mistakes.

Second half they were a lot more direct and we got cut through. It was gutting after we had battled so hard for Alonso to score. Then we let our heads drop and Benayoun pounced and got another. We didn't give up though and Cruz missed a header which he would have buried without a doubt last season. Someone in front mentioned he has missed about 10 sitters in the last 3 home games. We bundled in a goal from a corner (It was Cruz I think?) and then pushed forward trying to get the equaliser. Some Scouser got through, Robinson beat him to it but it bounced to another Scouser who passed it to Gerrard and that was that.

It's really disappointing because, unlike the Sunderland game, we matched and at times outplayed them for large parts of the game. The substitution of Vogel was a good decision because Tugay, who wasn't his usual self, was becoming a bit of a liability and getting caught in possession. He was knackered.

Not seen the stats but I expect Andrews will have a good pass completion rate because he did really well today and kept the ball moving well, I thought he should have smashed it in the second half when he was breaking from our half but he tried to play in Pedersen (or was it Treacy?). I saw a stray pass or 3, but I don't think anybody was faultless. Even Tugay wasn't getting his usual accuracy. I just wanted to point out Andrews because I think he'll have criticism, but I honestly think he, along with pretty much everyone, played well.

The defence, despite the goals, looked fairly solid. Certainly no stand out howlers although the second was suspect.

Points are what matter, but if we play like that we should be okay. Our luck WILL turn eventually.

Liverpool were clinical and we were not. That was the difference between us.

I could see they gave it all they had, and it seemed like everyone else had the same opinion because a lot of people stayed behind to applaud the players.

I think we are getting there. We just need to kick on and get some points down.

Modes98, I am commenting on TODAY'S performance and not the last ten games.

Please note this, also, ABBEY

I'm afraid you're wasting your breath bazza. Anyone who attended the game, and I'm not picking on ABBEY and modes as I know they were there, will appreciate this was a much improved performance. However there is a sizeable minority on the MB who want Ince out regardless of performances. I'll be interested in their reaction if he stays. Fans should be able to see yesterday's performance was probably the best at home this season. Players mainly in the right positions, decent performances from most, a battling effort against the league leaders rather than the tummy tickling of recent games against the top 4. The major worry has to be the lack of creativity, balls in the box but at present we do not have anyone who can provide that vital element.

If we had performed all season like this we might be hovering above the relegation zone but we would not be in it. I'm very confused this morning. I fully understand the implications of releagtion but listening to Ince yesterday I felt, for the first time, perhaps he does have a future at Ewood. John Williams has an enormous decision to make, I hope he gets it right. If Ince leaving saves the club so be it, but after yesterday if Williams gives him more time I for one will support that.

Whatever one's views on Ince one should be able to appreciate the team and ask what yesterday's performance means. All those who want Ince out had their opportunity yesterday. I heard nothing, NOTHING at Ewood to support the views expressed on here. Where were you all?

I'm afraid you're wasting your breath bazza. Anyone who attended the game, and I'm not picking on ABBEY and modes as I know they were there, will appreciate this was a much improved performance. However there is a sizeable minority on the MB who want Ince out regardless of performances. I'll be interested in their reaction if he stays. Fans should be able to see yesterday's performance was probably the best at home this season. Players mainly in the right positions, decent performances from most, a battling effort against the league leaders rather than the tummy tickling of recent games against the top 4. The major worry has to be the lack of creativity, balls in the box but at present we do not have anyone who can provide that vital element.

If we had performed all season like this we might be hovering above the relegation zone but we would not be in it. I'm very confused this morning. I fully understand the implications of releagtion but listening to Ince yesterday I felt, for the first time, perhaps he does have a future at Ewood. John Williams has an enormous decision to make, I hope he gets it right. If Ince leaving saves the club so be it, but after yesterday if Williams gives him more time I for one will support that.

Whatever one's views on Ince one should be able to appreciate the team and ask what yesterday's performance means. All those who want Ince out had their opportunity yesterday. I heard nothing, NOTHING at Ewood to support the views expressed on here. Where were you all?

It is sad state of affairs when we are calling a performance we never really looked like scoring as the best home performance of the season. the sad state of affairs, it was our best performance of the season.

At Ewood, their were plenty questioning Ince but because of the players battling performance it was inappropiate to chant but it does not mean that the majority don't want Ince out.

This is from a once time Ince supporter.

It is sad state of affairs when we are calling a performance we never really looked like scoring as the best home performance of the season. the sad state of affairs, it was our best performance of the season.

At Ewood, their were plenty questioning Ince but because of the players battling performance it was inappropiate to chant but it does not mean that the majority don't want Ince out.

This is from a once time Ince supporter.

Yet the same "majority" were promising demos, constant chanting, Ewood rattling to get Ince out etc etc

Yes, it would have been inappropriate, but it's more likely that "the majority" find it easier to be dynamic cyber-warriors rather than do anything in the real world.

And before I get slated for being pro-Ince, I don't think he has a future as I can't see the team performing to the standards set yesterday match to match.

I just keep thinking of the comment on leaving West Ham by a Rovers 'fan' in response to the question posed by a Hammer "what do you think of Ince?" "Hopefully he'll be gone by Christmas". Yes, the fan might have got his wish, but as I said at the time, it would only happen if we weren't doing well, and for anyone to wish that on the club, well to my mind they are beneath contempt.

No one can fault Ince for not trying. No one can fault him for lack of motivation or not having his heart in it. But he is simply out of his depth...Some people might have changed their tune due to a lack of demonstrations. But I for one, although my heart loves the thought of Ince turning it around, realize that he is out of his depth. Nothing drastic can be done to get the players on his side, let alone change the fortunes...Gone are the days when managers could struggle for a season or two before getting a handle on things.

To be honest, about 15 is alot for someone who hasnt won in 11, considering the norm of football culture these days.

Thats the business of football.

Like most people I want what is best for the club, Appointing PI was a very brave call, and TBH, we partly asked for it in our campaign against BFS, most of the talk of other possibilities, was pure dreaming.

I goto Ewood very apprehensive, and as usual, we sing and support the team, although I did note that most of chants were regarding "Uncle jacks"

What did p*** me off was seeing the press vultures waiting for PI, both before & after, including waiting for him outside his office, they are simply scum!

The team, for once at home this season are upt for it and work very hard for each other, we had the best chances and MGP looked our best option (Another rareity) Unfortunately, Liverpool had Sammi Hypia and the diving Argentianian in Midfield.

Even at 2-0 we didn't give up and after missing a sitter, Roque notches, only for us to be out of it again shortly by the usual lack of luck and poor judgement.

So here we are! Back where we were, however, the players, it seems, have decided that they haven't given up and are obviously backing the manager, so then, should we.

If I'm being nit picking, I felt PI waited too long for the subs, but, that's all history, makes the next games, the winnable ones, more important.

PI Out banners away, let's stick together, we're under enough pressure without us adding to it ! So come on, stay behind the boys...

Like most people I want what is best for the club, Appointing PI was a very brave call, and TBH, we partly asked for it in our campaign against BFS, most of the talk of other possibilities, was pure dreaming.

I goto Ewood very apprehensive, and as usual, we sing and support the team, although I did note that most of chants were regarding "Uncle jacks"

What did p*** me off was seeing the press vultures waiting for PI, both before & after, including waiting for him outside his office, they are simply scum!

The team, for once at home this season are upt for it and work very hard for each other, we had the best chances and MGP looked our best option (Another rareity) Unfortunately, Liverpool had Sammi Hypia and the diving Argentianian in Midfield.

Even at 2-0 we didn't give up and after missing a sitter, Roque notches, only for us to be out of it again shortly by the usual lack of luck and poor judgement.

So here we are! Back where we were, however, the players, it seems, have decided that they haven't given up and are obviously backing the manager, so then, should we.

If I'm being nit picking, I felt PI waited too long for the subs, but, that's all history, makes the next games, the winnable ones, more important.

PI Out banners away, let's stick together, we're under enough pressure without us adding to it.

Well put Dave - I just hope now that every single ticket is taken up for our cup final against Wigan next saturday.

If I see that level of committment from the players for the rest of the season then I will try to be the 12th man on the terraces and get behind my team 100% - home and away.

Anyone want to join me.......?

Some fans seem to be bigging up this Liverpool team that we lost so narrowly to. Lets be real, it was a Liverpool team shorn of over £50m of talent and had a mixture of youth and experience. It was a team that Rovers could have beaten. It was NOT a full fast flowing team as we saw.

Those claiming Andrews had a good gaem, when are you going to get real ?

Its okay passing to a player and finding him on the odd occasion.

What about the end result ?

What about the tackling ?

What about the defending ?

What about the creativity ?

Yes he can run around, and yesterday he ran around in circles. He was found wanting again and again.

Its nothing personal I can assure you its based on being a football man, a supporter and experience. There is no pass and move about him and he is clearly nowhere ready for the Premiership nor will he ever be.

The guy is 28/29 years of age and IF he was any good, I repeat he would have made far many more appearances in this league. The harsh reality is Ince picked a dud one and he is nowhere near the standard that WE and Rovers require in our team. I dont want to hear about injuries because it is football.

Reading the press it now appears all over for Ince and co, I would be happy with Ince staying IF he got rid of the idiots behind him but if we accept the recent reports then all is definately not well behind the scenes.

There is no smoke without fire and there are too many things coming to light for them not to be true.

Rovers, its time to move on, make the right decision and save the club.

The team gave their all though Cruz could have done more, I along with everybody else got behind the team, gave them plenty of vocal encouragement but at the end of the day all their effort falls way short of getting the necessary points on the board.

Fully resigned myself to relegation now it doesnt matter anymore Ince out, Board out, anyone else out, we are just simply good enough the damage has been done.

Time has caught up with our bargain basement buys all the other teams have passed us by.

One of the few attacks he broke up was our own, tackling our player and getting himself booked.

He is out of his depth, just understand that please or otherwise give me evidence to the contrary.

Failed at Wolves

Failed at Hull

Failed at Rovers

Success at MK Dons

Does that paint the picture for you ??

PI Out banners away, let's stick together, we're under enough pressure without us adding to it ! So come on, stay behind the boys...

Press made me feel sick - What are stewards for at Ewood. They were still there when the game started.

The team gave their all though Cruz could have done more, I along with everybody else got behind the team, gave them plenty of vocal encouragement but at the end of the day all their effort falls way short of getting the necessary points on the board.

Fully resigned myself to relegation now it doesnt matter anymore Ince out, Board out, anyone else out, we are just simply good enough the damage has been done.

Time has caught up with our bargain basement buys all the other teams have passed us by.

Sad. Sad but true.

Perhaps the appolgists for the Trust will come on here and explain their actions when we've been relegated.

One of the few attacks he broke up was our own, tackling our player and getting himself booked.

He is out of his depth, just understand that please or otherwise give me evidence to the contrary.

Failed at Wolves

Failed at Hull

Failed at Rovers

Success at MK Dons

Does that paint the picture for you ??

a bit harsh. He has been decent enough at Rovers, no worse in his short time than Mokoena or even Vogel. He is an average player but he has not done badly.

That said he should be on the bench not in the first team. We need to buy someone and get Dunn and Grella back.

We can still turn it round.

Provided the right choices are made. 10 games 10% pick up ratio now I realise how hard it was for derby fans last year.

Until its Mathematically impossible I will have hope, perhaps in the next few days it can become something more concrete.

It was a better performance yesterday but its not enough. performing for 70 mins in football gets you what we have been getting all season, but if this had happened, what if that had happened. False hope, nothing more nothing less and I'm fed up with it, change is needed. No longer do I enter the ground with optimism but with dread, whats it gonna be today. Its depressing in the extreme and although the missus consoling me after I get home is nice, I'd rather see the right kind of victory.

We need fresh impetus, god knows RSC needs it too. The money is no longer a concern for me I don't care I'm even prepared to pay double for next years ST to help pay the compo. Hell surely we could all chip in have a bake sale or something, people going round the ground with buckets asking for change.

Its time for the club to step-up.

I'm afraid you're wasting your breath bazza. Anyone who attended the game, and I'm not picking on ABBEY and modes as I know they were there, will appreciate this was a much improved performance. However there is a sizeable minority on the MB who want Ince out regardless of performances. I'll be interested in their reaction if he stays.

I can't imagine the reaction will be all that favourable since we will be relegated if he stays.

I don't get it. Granted I wasn't there yesterday but I cannot comprehend some fans views. We've put just one honest shift in out of the last ten games but some still back Ince to remain as manager. Where's the evidence that we'll suddenly win a game after going so long without one? By all of a sudden deciding to actually turn up for one match out of ten?

If we do keep Ince for next weekends game with Wigan then we'll lose. I'm just being realistic after so long without a win, and countless gutless and clueless displays. If we do lose to Wigan will the people backing Ince still claim that we can turn things round? Some will still claim that he needs a few more games.

We could well be rock bottom after this afternoon, needing two wins to get even out of the drop zone (that's even before the teams around us have played two games) with Christmas just a couple of weeks away.

A change is needed NOW, in the next day or so before our it's too late for a new man to change things.

I'm afraid you're wasting your breath bazza. Anyone who attended the game, and I'm not picking on ABBEY and modes as I know they were there, will appreciate this was a much improved performance. However there is a sizeable minority on the MB who want Ince out regardless of performances.

I'm not anti-Ince, in fact I think in time he will be a good manager. However we can't survive on good performances.

At the start of the season I was against BFS because our style of football would have been awful, but I'd much prefer to be top 8 and not playing pretty football with no end product.

Yesterday we did pass it around well, but there was little in the way of end product. Santa had a couple of chances and MGP created one for himself. To create 3 chances at home isn't really enough. This all stems back to Ince's failing to replace Bentley and IMO that will cost him his job.

Some fans seem to be bigging up this Liverpool team that we lost so narrowly to. Lets be real, it was a Liverpool team shorn of over £50m of talent and had a mixture of youth and experience. It was a team that Rovers could have beaten. It was NOT a full fast flowing team as we saw.

Those claiming Andrews had a good gaem, when are you going to get real ?

Its okay passing to a player and finding him on the odd occasion.

What about the end result ?

What about the tackling ?

What about the defending ?

What about the creativity ?

Yes he can run around, and yesterday he ran around in circles. He was found wanting again and again.

Its nothing personal I can assure you its based on being a football man, a supporter and experience. There is no pass and move about him and he is clearly nowhere ready for the Premiership nor will he ever be.

The guy is 28/29 years of age and IF he was any good, I repeat he would have made far many more appearances in this league. The harsh reality is Ince picked a dud one and he is nowhere near the standard that WE and Rovers require in our team. I dont want to hear about injuries because it is football.

Reading the press it now appears all over for Ince and co, I would be happy with Ince staying IF he got rid of the idiots behind him but if we accept the recent reports then all is definately not well behind the scenes.

There is no smoke without fire and there are too many things coming to light for them not to be true.

Rovers, its time to move on, make the right decision and save the club.

Even if we WON against Wigan, I would still want him out. One swallow does not make a summer, and would only paper over the inexcusable form before it. The whole club needs a fresh start if we're to turn this season around.

Archived