BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Liverpool Preview

Cocker

The first half was much better - closing them down etc, the fans were in good voice, Gerrard was being pushed off the ball - much better!

McCarthy should have been brought on at 0-1, rather than 0-2.

And there was a massive tactical wrong by Ince. McCarthy bagged 2 and set 1 up in mid week, he also scored at pompey, yet doesnt get a start!?!? Why???

RSC wasnt interested today, until the last 15 mins when he put abit more into it. Emerton has a very poor game also.

Best performers were Samba & Tugay, followed by Robbo when called upon - very little he could do about the goals.

INCE HAS TO GO THIS WEEK!!!!

• Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Dear oh dear, what an utter disaster this season is turning into. Apparently only the supporters were able to foresee the consequences of the club's crippling lack of ambition and serious small-time thinking. I can't believe Ince survived until this game, however I'll be completely unsurprised if he survives to lead us to another defeat next week. Disgraceful!

see theres my problem, its hard to be angry at Ince.

its the small time thinking i'm more angry at

but then again, maybe we have always been small minded, maybe we are back where we belong, jack walker era was just 10 years of being a bigger club, but thats really come crashing down this season inparticular.

it all had to end one day

Thats a question not a plan. I am happy to say I am wrong , I would just like someone who wants him out tonight to tell me who we can get in tomorrow,next week,next month who will do what Hughesy did and by when and with how much.

Umm. I'm not the chairman. I just know Ince is not the man for the job, so we try someone else.

Ince got away without the fan abuse today because of our 1st 70 mins of the game. If we had played crap he would of got it no doubt!

Also why did we make a sub with 1 minute to go??? Are we trying to waste time? And Treacy???? Where was Roberts.

Thats a question not a plan. I am happy to say I am wrong , I would just like someone who wants him out tonight to tell me who we can get in tomorrow,next week,next month who will do what Hughesy did and by when and with how much.

1) Allardyce

2) Probably not until the end of next season

3) Probably with more than the Trustees are prepared to invest

I've highlighted all the key words there. You're not fooling anyone.

Ince deserves no more time. We created frig all against a Liverpool side who flattered to deceive, and the only way to amend this disastrous form is to bring in a new manager, new tactics, and a new mood to the club.

and you took a laptop to the game?

Just got back from the game and I thought we played well today. The players looked like they were playing for the manager and also for the fans. Half way through the 2nd half when we got stuck into them I could sense a vibe of unity between fans and players and that cheered me up. The first 70mins we matched Liverpool. People might say they were poor but you have to ask why were they and I believe it was because we closed them down and broke up the play and also retained possesion.

We were still very much in the game with mins to go.

Lets give Ince until christmas after this run of winable games and then see where we are.

Just think every home game for the rest of the season is winable.

and you took a laptop to the game?

Without wanting to get myself banned or anything Paul, there were ways of watching it today without being there. Not that I did, I decided I'd have more fun at PizzaExpress, and by the sounds of it I was right.

Right ho folks and fellow members of this board, the view from the Sir JW Upper.

What can I say ?

Well I will start with the only positive I can find, the first half was probably the best half in the last 10 games or so, maybe more.

But before we get people carried away, this was NOT a fast free flowing Liverpool team, They may be top of the league at this current moment but believe me it was a mixed up team of youngsters, possibles and experience. It was a Liverpool team with the dwarflike Kuyt on his own up front, supplied and supported by a midfield prepared to put in some effort. In saying this, it was a Liverpool team that could have been easily found wanting and certainly a Liverpool team that could have been beaten.

So, to the game and the first half. I though Ince had probably been reading this forum when I entered the ground to see a 4-4-2 formation in place. In looking at the team though, there were always going to be problems with Andrews in the middle, Tugay on his lonesome (or with his mate) and Ooijer at right back and all of this in the knowledge that Babel, the Dutch speedking, was starting from the off.

Rovers took time to get going but at least in the first 45 minutes they showed a sense of purpose. They had a bit of fight, a bit of feistiness and it looked like the old Rovers had returned to the fore. Lets be real though, Liverpool cruised through the first half although Rivers were unlucky not to take the lead with an MGP pile driver that forced a save out of Reina. Liverpool didnt cause Rovers any trouble in the first half and were content to pass the ball square.

Despite this Rovers apparent turnaround in fortunes, the team still showed its bad side in consistently giving the ball away. neither Derbyshire or Cruz appeared to be concerned, little was produced by the centre midfield duo and the same could be said of the two wide men. The defence looked okay, steady but still creaked on occasions.

Two highly noticeable points of the fist half that need pointing out.

RSC did not seem interested and Andrews ran around like a headless chicken at a BBQ. He was so far out of his depth it was unbelieveable. No passes found players in blue and white, he gave the ball away, he mistackled and he couldnt head a ball. However, he did bring the most laughable bit of the game in that he tackled his own player, slid through a Liverpool player and got booked !

So to the second half. I wondered if the usual half time talk would see Rovers buckle. For once, we didnt. We continued to fight and harass BUT we still couldnt win the second ball, we still couldnt create a goalscoring chance and we still kept giving the ball away to a red shirt.

It continued and you knew that Liverpool would create and score. And so it was, Tugay gave the ball away as Rovers broke away in an excellent position and the end result 0-1 Liverpool. A cock up of the highest order, a mistake that should never have happened and this from the motm.

It got worse, Yosser Benayoon, waltzed down the flank cut in and scored from an angle that can only be described as "TIGHT". 0-2 heads up ar$e time.

We then saw the introduction of Vogel, it was then that it was confirmed that Ince had actually read the site, BUT he took the wrong player off the park in Tugay and left us with the inept and catastrophic Andrews. McCarthy was brought on for MGP and Treacy eventually joined the fray for Derbyshire.

The one good piece of football by Rovers was actually productive, a sterling cross, flick on by Ooijer and goal, RSC hits the net. 1-2 game on for the last 5 minutes.

Huff and Puff and we still couldnt win the second ball and lo and behold another giveaway finds Robbo out of position, the defence flat footed and Gerrard notched the 3rd goal just before the ref blew his final peep. 1-3 game over.

NIL POINTS and 2 further goals into the NEGATIVE goal difference.

So what do we make of it. A fellow supporter in front me rebuked me for saying tha Andrews is the worst ever midfielder to grace our shirt and compared him to one Ronnie Hildersley. well my friend, if your reading this, it just confirms that you think nothing much of Andrews by comparing him them. Personally, knowing that Ronnie liked a pint or two, at least he deserved his pint because he did put the required effort in and also, in his career he was actually a real midfielder who could shoot, pass and score the odd goal.

I have now had the chance to listen to Inces post match comments and guesss what ? We did it against Portsmouth, we did it against WBA, we did it against Manure.....blah blah blah ditto ditto ditto........

It doesnt work Paul. I am not impressed, I am seriously naffed off with the work that you appear to be putting in. I am sick of the excuses, I am sick of listening to the same old gripes. It is boring.

Between you and your gang, you are killing our club. You have singlehandedly put out the fire in the players bellies and you have brought this club to the edge of extinction.

I have nothing else to say about this matter, you just dont fit the bill for me.

Whatever possesses you to think that a 2nd Div player can role with established International stars and come out of it with any good only you can say, because I simply cannot see anything good in him. He runs like a Thunderbird muppet (puppet) and his bark is like a soppy fish in the throes of its last breath.

It has again ruined my Saturday evening :angry::angry:

Just got back from the game and I thought we played well today. The players looked like they were playing for the manager and also for the fans. Half way through the 2nd half when we got stuck into them I could sense a vibe of unity between fans and players and that cheered me up. The first 70mins we matched Liverpool. People might say they were poor but you have to ask why were they and I believe it was because we closed them down and broke up the play and also retained possesion.

We were still very much in the game with mins to go.

Lets give Ince until christmas after this run of winable games and then see where we are.

Just think every home game for the rest of the season is winable.

Mmm, do I detect a voice of reason on the board, and from someone who went to the game. All is not quite lost

Just got back. I thought Rovers played really well today; full of pride and full of effort. Why could they not have put in that sort of performance against the likes of Sunderland and Portsmouth?

If we can keep up this spirit things can only get better. The first goal was a fluke. Their second was unfortunate. It should have been a 1-1 draw. I was fuming at how we conceded the third.

And Vogel has suddenly appeared........things are looking up.

Come on everyone and sing along with me to the John Lennon song about giving peace a chance:-

All we are saying is give Ince a chance.

Just got back. I thought Rovers played really well today; full of pride and full of effort. Why could they not have put in that sort of performance against the likes of Sunderland and Portsmouth?

If we can keep up this spirit things can only get better. The first goal was a fluke. Their second was unfortunate. It should have been a 1-1 draw. I was fuming at how we conceded the third.

Come on everyone and sing along with me to the John Lennon song about giving peace a chance:-

Which roughly translates to:

'See you in the Fizzy Pop league!'

Thats more like it... Although I thought it was 'Give Pete a Chance'

I thought we played really well today and if we had played like that for the last eight or nine games we wouldn't be in anything like the position we are currently in.

Unfortunately that is little consolation.

Everyone put in a good shift today, apart from Roque who just like on Wednesday night seemed to be going through the motions. McCarthy should have been on much earlier.

MGP put in his best performance for probably a couple of seasons.

Did the team put in a shift because they feel guilty about the predicament they've put the manager in? Or was it because they know he's all but gone?

If it's the former, they might be a glimmer of hope for Ince yet. That said, we would need to start winning immediately, starting next Saturday.

Rev, in you honest opinion if we lost against Wigan would you even call it a day for Ince?

16 games gone second from bottom an awful goal difference, not creating and chances and shipping goals in at the other end, how many more chances does he need?

I was at the game today and the fans where fantastic today backed the players 100 % but still nothing changed so what now? It was an improved performance but we still got beat and never really trouble a verry poor Liverpool side who where missing some key players. A Hughes side would have beaten Liverpool today.

Let’s hope the board show some balls and sack Ince before it’s too late.

Today the substitutions where strange and Ince is tactically out of his depth. The Defence was better but we still shipped in 3 more goals.

If we keep Ince we could go down with one of the worst goal differences of all time.

Rovers till I die and uncle jacks blue and white army but not INCE him and the rest of the clowns will take us down.

I was at the game today and the fans where fantastic today backed the players 100 % but still nothing changed so what now? It was an improved performance but we still got beat and never really trouble a verry poor Liverpool side who where missing some key players. A Hughes side would have beaten Liverpool today.

Nothing changed? The "arte" might not have been the best but the "labore" was there in abundance.

And that is the best Liverpool side I've seen for many seasons. That is why they are top of the league and not playing catchy-up in fourth or fifth place.

An improved performance today and if we were floating around mid-table one wouldn't worry too much. The major problem is the one we've had all season and that's a lack of creativity, not enough penetrating balls into the box. No point in going into it too much as all those who have made up their minds will be unable to see anything positive. IF we had a Bentley replacement we might have won this game.

Anyway lets not be positive as there's a definite negative on the way. RSC is either injured or leaving, he had a very poor game and looked utterly disinterested. McCarthy should taje his place next week.

The first half was much better - closing them down etc, the fans were in good voice, Gerrard was being pushed off the ball - much better!

McCarthy should have been brought on at 0-1, rather than 0-2.

Benni was getting ready to come on when the second goal went in, so I don't think we can hold that against Ince.

As has been pointed out on here already there was nowt wrong with the spirit of the players - contrary to what some believe they are playing for the manager - however there simply isn't the quality, particularly in midfield.

Emerton was dreadful against Liverpool but, even on his best day, he's an inadequate replacement for David Bentley. Thinking that he would be was probably Ince's biggest mistake.

When Dunn and Grella come back it will improve things but I'm going to be bold here and advocate the sale of Santa Cruz in January to finance the signing of at least one, perhaps two creative players.

We've seen already that it's no use having a great striker if you're unable to get the ball to him.

Archived