BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Liverpool Preview

Cocker

• Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Team showed good spirit today. Pedersen was a real positive, as was Tugay, who put in so much running.

But we were sorely let down by Ince's mate Andrews. He was just second to most things - not his fault that he's being picked, but he definitely cost us. Hopefully Ince is gone in a couple of hours.

Protests? Booing? Our supporters dont make themselves heard sometimes at the best of times. If silence spoke volumes then tonight we spoke...

Just a bit of booing at the end...And that was dwarved by the Liverpool supporters cheers...

We were all over the place after conceding. Lucky to score one...But confidence is so frail that a goal at any time against us can make us wilt.

I feel sorry for Ince. Looking at him at the touchline. But he cant turn this around.

Thanks for nothing and bye bye.

shipped another 3, nailed on sacking CONCEDED 31 in 16 matches, Cheerio don't even try and put up an argument just leave, we need to score 3 every game. And we've only scored 17, out of your depth. i hope we stick him on gardening leave rather than give him a lump sum, or better still speaks to the press ala keegan and england and says he ain'nt good enough.

Anyone think Ince will get away with this match? I've heard a couple of fans saying the Wigan game is his must-win one, but enough is enough. The only way we can stop this relegation form is to sack Ince and bring in a new manager.

Don't let Roque's goal fool you. Liverpool switched off for a moment and we scored. We didn't create enough to win the game. I also spend every week sighing at our middle, which lacks any sort of penetration. Tugay's legs can only take him so far, and Andrews is always anonymous, but buys himself a game every week being Ince's pet.

Well that's the final nail in the coffin!

It appears Rovers played a lot better than normal - more heart etc - maybe they already know that Ince is going. A Nicko update good be interesting tonight, if there is one.

Appears no INCE OUT protests - unless they do so after the match.

You people really do not understand football.

Nowhere in this game did we "play good". For parts of it, we simply put bodies in a way to stop Liverpool, who were quite lazy in this game, from shotting from outside the box. That's it. Those idiots in defence once again could not clear a single ball properly, and were beaten all over the pitch like lamp-posts. Not only that, but they are getting worse with each game.

For the first time in years, Pedersen actually touched the ball correctly once or twice. Tugay tried as always, the rest did nothing.

The only thing that sum things up is helpless. If actually running for the ball counts as "fantastic commitment" for your people, then its easy to see why we're so bad.

I know it's not reallt his fault, but Andrews is embarrassing. Maybe Ince wanted someone else to be in over their head. Mokoena is as bad as I've ever seen at Ewood, but is better than Andrews. It's been said a million times before, but bringing a league 2 player in???????!! FFS, John Williams should have sacked him there and then. My mates say such things as 'he needs time, give him a chance, you've been unlucky' Then I say "'kin Keith Andrews and Robbie 'the blob' Fowler?" then they agree, that he is clueless.

When all is said and done, our team is very weak. Our only way out of this mire is to start playing negative, long ball tactics. But I don't want that to become our signature style.

Sorry, but where are you going to go with Pedersen and Emerton on the flanks. Honest, eager workers - YES. Wingers of genuine, consistent ability - NO.

Personally i think wigan is the deciding game because of the level Wigan are at.

Liverpool were always the favourites for this one.

No Keane, no Torres. It was a great opportunity missed by Ince & the gang, and another capitulation on the list.

The Ince era at Rovers ends in defeat and with the last kick of the ball being to kick-off after conceding again.

Liverpool played worse than the other three top 4 sides at Ewood but still had too much for us. Ince looked like he wanted the earth to open and swallow him. In fact at the end it looked like he wanted to cry. I felt sorry for him until remembering he will earn a few million for taking the club to the brink of relegation. It is not all his fault at all (the board have to shoulder a lot of the blame) but a great chunk of it is his fault as almost everything he has done has been sub-standard.

When it takes you 75 minutes to actually create your first decent chance (instead of relying on a Gerrard mistake) then it says it all. As good as the big four are if it takes almost 6 hours at home to score your first goal against them then it says it all. Vogel came on and was unspectacular but did little wrong and obviously should have been in the squad or even team far earlier and particularly in those games when we were starting with Andrews and Mokoena in midfield.

With all the talk of Souness and Tugay it was some black humour being fed out when it was Tugay´s carelessness inn giving the ball away that led to the crucial first goal. A nonchalant flick which has worked many times before was just not needed then and turned attack into defence and stalemate into inevitable defeat.

A sad end to a sad chapter in the history of BRFC. Ince has not been sacked yet but he will be. We have not gone longer than 10 games without a league win since, IIRC, 1978-79. Thirty years since we have had a worse run than this. I remember Kidd being awful but at least he took over a club in the relegation zone and on its knees. Ince took over a consistently top-ten side then has been slowly ruining us. All that potential in Ince has gone to waste with bad decision after bad decision. I cannot remember how bad Jim Illey was as my first visit to Ewood was under Bobby Saxton. However since that time...

Ince has been the worst manager I have ever seen at Ewood.

:(

We NEED to get the next appointment right.

:brfc:

Is anyone else just emotionally exhausted being a Blackburn Rovers fan...

I know it sounds a little melodramatic, but i wasnt even this depressed about our club when we got relegated... :(

I'm just fed-up of Ince given game after game to get us relegated.

Is anyone else just emotionally exhausted being a Blackburn Rovers fan...

I know it sounds a little melodramatic, but i wasnt even this depressed about our club when we got relegated... :(

Me

Got up at 9 to get ready to go to the match. Saw the latest news and just felt so weary. So went back to bed.

Archived