BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Liverpool Preview

Cocker

One thing must be said, we lack quality in so many areas its not funny.

RIGHT WING, LEFT WING, RIGHT BACK, CENTRAL DEFENCE AND CENTRAL MIDFIELD.

Like rover6 said, Emo and MGP are honest hard workers but no quality comes off them. With wingers who contribute so little quality for the strikers and only one central midfielder of quality in Tugay, its clear no service will be coming any time soon for the strikers. They feed off scraps...

FFS, its time for a change..And the board MUST KNOW they must spend!

• Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Is anyone else just emotionally exhausted being a Blackburn Rovers fan...

I know it sounds a little melodramatic, but i wasnt even this depressed about our club when we got relegated... :(

felt the same way, can't do anything about the inevitable and my thinking was at least we can cut out the deadwood and rebuild a fresh....was'nt thinking that way till after christmas then though. Its exactly what i'm thinking now.

Anyone think Ince will get away with this match? I've heard a couple of fans saying the Wigan game is his must-win one, but enough is enough.

The way we are playing this season every game is a must-win as we are really going to struggle to get to 40 or so points.

Ince has resided over 10 must-win games on the trot and won none of them.

felt the same way, can't do anything about the inevitable and my thinking was at least we can cut out the deadwood and rebuild a fresh....was'nt thinking that way till after christmas then though. Its exactly what i'm thinking now.

Rebuild with what?

The players we have that arent performing arent going to get us much money when we are relegated, and we dont have any money to spend? :rolleyes:

Add to this, when we have sold players in the last few years, we havent got the money back to spend? :blink:

What was the score? I didnt bother watching the game that was shown live on tv, instead i went to the beach to go and surf.

What was the score? I didnt bother watching the game that was shown live on tv, instead i went to the beach to go and surf.

If we were midtable you could say an OK performance and beaten by the better side. However points and statistics don't lie and it's another defeat and more points from safety. First half we were OK. Second they were the better side. The first goal was unfortunate. However we know full well that the worse the opposition, the worse the performance, thus against Wigan we will be much poorer.

We have a run of winnable games coming up now. There is a decision to be made. The board were 'brave' in appointing Ince as manager. Fair play to them and i won't criticise for that. Let's hope they show the same bravery now.

You people really do not understand football.

Says the man who said a few days ago that a manager doesn't make any difference to how well a team defends.

If the search function was working I'd show you up even more for that arrogant and hypocritical comment.

Rebuild with what?

The players we have that arent performing arent going to get us much money when we are relegated, and we dont have any money to spend? :rolleyes:

Add to this, when we have sold players in the last few years, we havent got the money back to spend? :blink:

we still pay big wages, and a shrewd manager would certainly make us competitive in the championship......don't agree with the attitude of some that if we go down the owners just say"bored now" and wind the club up. Championship may be competitive but quality is poor and i see no reason why relegation would end us.

Another "battling performance" that ends in defeat. The team played ok - they didn't look like a team in the bottom 3, at least until Liverpool scored. They battled, worked hard, passed reasonably well but, Pedersen's shot apart, we created nothing. The crowd were very positive throughout, even when we went 1 down, but there was an air of resignation as soon as the goal went in that we'd not get back into the game. We're not creating anything up front, so the minute we concede it's game over.

What a new manager can do it's hard to see - the 11 out there were all playing in their correct positions and possibly apart from Dunn for Andrews that was pretty much our best team.

Ince has to take most of the blame I suppose but I wonder how anyone will be able to turn it around NOW, because we need points before Christmas, January will be too late.

It's hard to be a Rovers fan at the moment.

we still pay big wages, and a shrewd manager would certainly make us competitive in the championship......don't agree with the attitude of some that if we go down the owners just say"bored now" and wind the club up. Championship may be competitive but quality is poor and i see no reason why relegation would end us.

1- The quality in the Championship has changed, and has been good for at least 2-3 years

2- If we get relegated and rebuild. Would we still have the quality to come back up in 1-2 years time and not be emmediately relegated...

I see Ince hasn't given a post match conference again? :huh:

According to the BBC, Ince hasnt gone out for talking to the press as he is talking with his coaching staff.....

That will be a riveting tactical discussion.

Probably working out how many star-jumps to make them do on Monday morning.

I get the feeling that lot probably think Pro-Zone is something you take to stay awake at night.

Okey first half today. Liverpool had the ball without creating much. A good long shot from Gamst could have put us infront. Second half was back to old stuff. Very easy first goal for Liverpool. Why Ince didn't make any changes to the team after we went 1-0 down is strange. Why wait to we where 2-0 down 10 min later. Bad management by Ince ones again.

Can't see Ince getting many more games to turn things around. Seeing teams like Hull and Stoke keep getting points, I think this will be a year we are going to struggel in the bottom all the way to the end.

That will be a riveting tactical discussion.

Probably working out how many star-jumps to make them do on Monday morning.

I get the feeling that lot probably think Pro-Zone is something you take to stay awake at night.

Either that or Ince is still out on the touchline waiting for the 3rd half to kick off... Sitting there thinking, where has everyone gone!? :lol::rolleyes:

It wasn't the greatest game. My MOTM was Hyypia who was solid without doing anything brilliant. Tugay was at fault for the first with a blind pass on the halfway line, Warnock got skinned for the 2nd (by a Liverpool fringe player who would run the show if he played for us), and the 3rd was typical of our current fortunes.

I'm going to go against the grain and say that we should keep Ince. Today showed that there is spirit within the camp it's just that the team lacks quality and most importantly confidence. A new manager won't instantly instill confidence, a few wins will. Changing it all after a game we were never likely to win won't do any good. The must win games are the next 4. If we get nothing from them we are most probably done for and if Ince goes then a makeshift replacement will turn up who will pay over the odds for daft signings who won't do much better than what we have now.

Aside from confidence problems it's obvious that we are severely lacking in the middle of midfield. Look at what we were up against today: Gerrard, Alonso, and Mascherano. Those 3 would fetch upward of £50million, our whole team would not reach that figure. I really do believe our fortunes will change when Dunn and Grella are fit.

I've said it before that we've been on the decline for 12 months. Once Hughes flirted with Newcastle he cracked the players' trust and as fickle as footballers are they've not been able to rebound from the big psychological blow of Hughes leaving. Then the loss of a solid keeper who'd been at the club longer than any of them and our best creative outlet further diminished their confidence. It's always much harder taking something successful and carrying it on that taking something crap and improving it, Ince arrived on the way down.

I'm not a nut job who cries over defeats and goes bananas over wins, and honestly if we go down I won't be that bothered. I'll always be a Rovers fan regardless of league they play in. We are very unlikely to scale the heights I witnessed in the 90's ever again. The biggest bonus of a top flight Rovers is that I get to see more games as there aren't many dodgy internet sites showing Championship football (I've never checked though).

Archived