BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Liverpool Preview

Cocker

Our fans were awesome, was agreat moment when the noise of the Rovers fans forced the Liverpool players to constantly miss their passes and then kick it out of play - the Rovers fans then bursting into the loudest Barmy Army chant in forever - we were well up for it. We did ok first half, was great battling but never looked like scoring, however was pleasant to note that neither did they. Second half they bossed it, and mistakes crept into our game. Benayoun skinning Warnock like that was awful. By the end of the game I was fuming, we did okay and lost. Thats the harsh reality : another loss. 3 goals conceded too! <_<

I think Ince should be gone today. The good performance was the fans and the players realisation they owe us, nothing to do with Ince.

robbo 7

ooijer 7

samba 7

nelsen 7

warnock 7

emerton 6

tugay 8*

andrews 6

pedersen 7

roque 5

derbyshire 6

Roque just didn't put the effort in. He's obviously a talent but by his standards, it was poor. Will definitely be gone in a month.

By the way., what happened in the BBE lower with the fans in the executive boxes?

• Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply
RSC is either injured or leaving, he had a very poor game and looked utterly disinterested. McCarthy should taje his place next week.

RSC is obviously not fully fit. He is carrying an injury which became evident in the second half. He was darn near hobbling at full time.

I thought he should have left the field but Pedersen was taken off instead.

Then RSC goes and scores a goal and I get slated by my mates. :rolleyes:

Benni was getting ready to come on when the second goal went in, so I don't think we can hold that against Ince.

As has been pointed out on here already there was nowt wrong with the spirit of the players - contrary to what some believe they are playing for the manager - however there simply isn't the quality, particularly in midfield.

Emerton was dreadful against Liverpool but, even on his best day, he's an inadequate replacement for David Bentley. Thinking that he would be was probably Ince's biggest mistake.

When Dunn and Grella come back it will improve things but I'm going to be bold here and advocate the sale of Santa Cruz in January to finance the signing of at least one, perhaps two creative players.

We've seen already that it's no use having a great striker if you're unable to get the ball to him.

Agree with all of that. If there was a 3rd Div dolloper playing, it was Emerton by a mile; Andrews I thought looked a Championship player.

RSC hasn't been a patch on last season, and I'm beginning to think he won't be until he has someone as good as Bentley laying on peachy crosses, no matter who he plays for. If we can get 17 million, take it, spend it on a new midfield and rely on Benni for goals; he creates far more danger with the ball at his feet than does RSC.

So what do we make of it. A fellow supporter in front me rebuked me for saying tha Andrews is the worst ever midfielder to grace our shirt and compared him to one Ronnie Hildersley. well my friend, if your reading this, it just confirms that you think nothing much of Andrews by comparing him them. Personally, knowing that Ronnie liked a pint or two, at least he deserved his pint because he did put the required effort in and also, in his career he was actually a real midfielder who could shoot, pass and score the odd goal.

Duss'tee not recall Paul Shepstone?

Just got back. I thought Rovers played really well today; full of pride and full of effort. Why could they not have put in that sort of performance against the likes of Sunderland and Portsmouth?

If we can keep up this spirit things can only get better. The first goal was a fluke. Their second was unfortunate. It should have been a 1-1 draw. I was fuming at how we conceded the third.

And Vogel has suddenly appeared........things are looking up.

Come on everyone and sing along with me to the John Lennon song about giving peace a chance:-

All we are saying is give Ince a chance.

a chance hes had enough chances going back to sept 27th

Ince : "Okay we haven't got the three points but we've put in a performance to say that if we do that week in and week out then we'll be okay."

Oh my god !!!

He's got a point.

I definitely wouldn't show him the door just yet.

Much better than Wednesdays showing and the 3-1 scoreline flatters the red @#/?.

Ince: Hopefully we can kick on and do the same next week...

What loose? :huh:

Reporter: Have their been any questions asked of you by the club?

Ince: No, it's just stuff made up by the media... Media rubbish...

Funny, that's not what JW has said to everyone who has sent him an email. He is very concerned at what is going on at the club... We are too...

So should you Ince! :angry:

So what do we make of it. A fellow supporter in front me rebuked me for saying tha Andrews is the worst ever midfielder to grace our shirt and compared him to one Ronnie Hildersley. well my friend, if your reading this, it just confirms that you think nothing much of Andrews by comparing him them. Personally, knowing that Ronnie liked a pint or two, at least he deserved his pint because he did put the required effort in and also, in his career he was actually a real midfielder who could shoot, pass and score the odd goal.

You've obviously not seen Mokoena then, who is far, far worse than Andrews. And didn't Andrews score a good goal at West Brom? You also couldn't fault Andrews today for effort, although it never seems to really lead anywhere.

In short, you've just basically got a downer on Andrews without any real thought going into your post. Next time, calm down, think about things rationally and THEN begin to type! :)

I didn't think that anyone was lacking in effort today, but I agree that there are some that are just not good enough (Derbyshire, Nelsen, and yes Andrews) and some whose body language indicates they'd rather be somewhere else (Roque).

Matty ran his socks off today. He had a good game. Andrews also played some nice football.

The whole team played extremely well today.

Why are you doom and gloom merchants knocking the teams performance??

You are so biased in wanting Ince out that you cannot judge today's performance properly.

Give the lads the credit they deserve for today...ffs

You are so biased in wanting Ince out that you cannot judge today's performance properly.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/e...ble/default.stm

If Tottenham pick up a point against West Ham we will be more than one win away from safety.

We're at crisis point.

"Performances" get you nothing. Scoring goals and stopping goals gets you points. We've lost our last 5 games in a row. To win any of our last 3 games we'd have had to score a total of 14 goals. We've conceeded 14 goals in our last 5 games. Our goal difference is -14.

We have 13 points from 16 games. Nearly halfway through the season. At this rate we wont break 30 points. We've still got to play every one of the top 4 away from home.

There's no need to be biased. Opinions are irrelevant. The facts do all the talking for us.

BAZZA WHAT CREDIT?? 3 GOALS ? NO POINTS?

We were playing a team that are clear at the top of the table, matched them stride for stride, and if Roque had buried the header he should have done at 0-1 we'd probably have gained a well deserved point.

All if's and but's and no use to us in our present position but it's completely wrong to say it was a poor performance.

We were playing a team that are clear at the top of the table, matched them stride for stride, and if Roque had buried the header he should have done at 0-1 we'd probably have gained a well deserved point.

All if's and but's and no use to us in our present position but it's completely wrong to say it was a poor performance.

I am basing it on what has happened over the last 16 games, it is not good enough.

Points are what we need.

Rubbish. If we had scored first, we all know they would have come back and beaten us... It's happened before this season, and would have today if we had gone ahead. We would have sat back and got pasted...

Also, they scored 3 missing their No.1 and No.2 striker! :rolleyes:

Rubbish. If we had scored first, we all know they would have come back and beaten us... It's happened before this season, and would have today if we had gone ahead. We would have sat back and got pasted...

The Roque miss was right towards the end.

Give the lads the credit they deserve for today...ffs

I've already said the performance was decent. Unfortunately when we perform OK we get no rewards and when we perform badly we get hammered. At some point the board have to say enough is enough and now is the logical time to do it. Give a new man a few 'winnable' games to assess the squad then let them buy whoever they need in the transfer window.

And what about the ten games before this one?

Liverpool were missing two key players, hardly performed themselves, yet managed to comfortably beat us 3-1. I'd say it was a case of Liverpool slacking off rather than us playing particularly well.

Archived