BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Liverpool Preview

Cocker

According to the BBC, Ince hasnt gone out for talking to the press as he is talking with his coaching staff.....

Maybe he is after some women´s clothing so as to be able to sneak out unnoticed.

Alternatively it could be the players having yet another blazing row with him like on Wednesday (oh no sorry forgot...can´t prove it so it cannot have happened!) or he is speaking to JW.

This has all been shoddily handled once again. Ince should have been fired quickly but this has been allowed to drag on and fester for far too long.

Ince sounding very emotional in an interview just now on Radio Rovers. I think he knows what may be coming soon

Wendy:"See you again at Christmas."

Ince: "Hopefully" :(

It´s almost bloody tragic isn´t it?

He looks a broken man. It is not just the team who has shattered confidence but the manager as well. I do feel sorry for him despite how much he is paid...it must be a humbling experience for a proud man to have to go through.

The worst thing about this is that he has no worthwhile support or someone to give him good advice. Ultimately the club should have made it a condition for such an inexperienced manager to surround himself with staff full of experience at the top levels. Not the likes of Ray Mathias, a seemingly barely present Nigel Winterburn and that army bloke.

• Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Maybe he is after some women´s clothing so as to be able to sneak out unnoticed.

Alternatively it could be the players having yet another blazing row with him like on Wednesday (oh no sorry forgot...can´t prove it so it cannot have happened!) or he is speaking to JW.

This has all been shoddily handled once again. Ince should have been fired quickly but this has been allowed to drag on and fester for far too long.

It´s almost bloody tragic isn´t it?

He looks a broken man. It is not just the team who has shattered confidence but the manager as well. I do feel sorry for him despite how much he is paid...it must be a humbling experience for a proud man to have to go through.

Can't muster any sympathy for him exactly because of how much he's paid, not like he's an ex-rover i'd really wish could do well. Been here 5 months trashed the place and been paid a kings ransom.""""OFF

I do feel for the guy...He does cut a figure that one feels sorry for when watching him on the touchline. Its the rubbish he says when he opens his mouth as well as his lack of tactical aptitude that makes him the current most hated man in Blackburn.

The only thing Ince has got right this season was his comment when he was appointed - NOT YET - when JW said we are not in the bottom three of the prem.

If we were midtable you could say an OK performance and beaten by the better side. However points and statistics don't lie and it's another defeat and more points from safety. First half we were OK. Second they were the better side. The first goal was unfortunate. However we know full well that the worse the opposition, the worse the performance, thus against Wigan we will be much poorer.

We have a run of winnable games coming up now. There is a decision to be made. The board were 'brave' in appointing Ince as manager. Fair play to them and i won't criticise for that. Let's hope they show the same bravery now.

Good points. We have been turned over by the Top teams with Hughes in charge at Fortress Ewood. . For those who watched the game through the notice board, not live or on TV you are probably not the best people to judge the performance. There was real spirit today and when you are lacking in confidence it is tough to play fluid football. We held Liverpool for a sizeable part of the game and didnt give up today.

If we play with that passion and Santa Claus gets his scoring boots on then we should get some points in the next few games ,if we dont then we know where we stand and we know what to do. My perspective is give Ince a couple more games, see if we can build on todays spirit. Ditching him today probably wont make a great deal of difference. Fat Sam will choose Sunderland over us anyway.

Dear oh dear, what an utter disaster this season is turning into. Apparently only the supporters were able to foresee the consequences of the club's crippling lack of ambition and serious small-time thinking. I can't believe Ince survived until this game, however I'll be completely unsurprised if he survives to lead us to another defeat next week. Disgraceful!

A slighty better home performance than usual but its the same old result.Teh fans cant do anymore,they supported the side all they could for the 90 minutes and to be honest I was surprised there wasn't any reaction at the end of the game,I just saw people walking out of the stands,dejected,almost excepting our position.....very apathetic.

Tugay is killing himself to help us out of this position but what the hell has happened to Cruz?...I fear the obvious is waiting to happen for him come January.

We need a change of manager and a change in ideas....we ALL know that. :(

If we play with that passion and Santa Claus gets his scoring boots on then we should get some points in the next few games ,if we dont then we know where we stand and we know what to do. My perspective is give Ince a couple more games, see if we can build on todays spirit. Ditching him today probably wont make a great deal of difference. Fat Sam will choose Sunderland over us anyway.

I've highlighted all the key words there. You're not fooling anyone.

Ince deserves no more time. We created frig all against a Liverpool side who flattered to deceive, and the only way to amend this disastrous form is to bring in a new manager, new tactics, and a new mood to the club.

Lets hope there is a new man in BEFORE the next game.

Ince has tried and failed, the players could not have given more effort, the rest: tactics, motivation from the manager, working at set pieces mid week are down to the manager.

I pray that JW and the board do the right thing.

The fans gave great support today in the circumstances. but the status quo today is the same as it was before !!

The result was entirely predictable apart from Liverpool falling asleep when the game was over and gifting us a goal.

To analyse the game and individuals is pointless now really, apart from to mention the awfullness of Derbyshire and Andrews and the confirmation that Warnock is better at left-back.

Liverpool were far from their best, in fact pretty poor ,but still ran out easy winners. Again we fell apart chasing the game. I counted 2 attemps on target from us today.

You don't need multi million pound players to be organised at set pieces, but again they were a mess at both ends.

If the club didn't see fit to remove the manager before the game then there is no reason to change their minds after today.

...but there will be after next week.....

I don't think we played well enough to win, but I don't think Liverpool did, either. The scoreline definitely flattered them.

Andrews seemed invisible today, and it seemed that when we got the ball no one knew who to pass it to. Liverpool's defense was rock solid, but we made things a bit easier for them.

Andrews seemed invisible today

He's so far off Premiership pace it's unreal. It's not his fault really, he's spent all his career clogging around in the lower leagues, he's made the jump far too late in his career to be able to cope. He seems like he has the raw attributes to have been a decent midfielder at this level if he'd arrived in his early 20s, but coming in at 28 is just too much for him.

I'm surprised Ince can't see he's completely out of his depth considering he "knows a midfield player when he sees one".

Let me underline my point Fat Sam will choose Sunderland over us anyway. We dont have 5 million quid to pay off Portsmouth over a weekend or a hefting signing on bonus. Who will you sign on Monday that will bring a new mood to the club next week and how will you do it. Alternatively how long do you think it will take us to execute plan B, see who is out there,go through negotiations get a short list,make sure his backroom staff are available. Could be past the transfer deadline. Whats your plan Topman

I don't think we played well enough to win, but I don't think Liverpool did, either. The scoreline definitely flattered them.

Andrews seemed invisible today, and it seemed that when we got the ball no one knew who to pass it to. Liverpool's defense was rock solid, but we made things a bit easier for them.

I saw him !!!

He kept pointing at Liverpool midfielders as they ran past him towards our goal.

Or maybe he was waving at them.

I do feel for the guy...He does cut a figure that one feels sorry for when watching him on the touchline. Its the rubbish he says when he opens his mouth as well as his lack of tactical aptitude that makes him the current most hated man in Blackburn.

Why hate him? I think he should be sacked as much as the next man, but hating him is a bit childish. He's not doing badly on purpose, but unfortunately he looks out of his depth at this level.

We played well in the first half and were much the better team without really creating anything. Second half Liverpool came back strongly as expected but once the first fortuitous goal went in Rovers heads clearly dropped and it was game over.

Robinson: 2 tremendous saves, but couldn't be faulted for either goal

Ooijer: Looked solid against players without much pace

Nelsen: Still the weak link

Samba: Can make astounding tackles an interceptions, but then a schoolboy error a minute later

Warnock: Much the same as Samba. Skinned totally for Benayoun's goal

Emerton: Boundless energy but no end product

Pedersen: Had his usual 1 half per season where he shows what he can do. Unfortunately I expect the usual abysmal Peds to return next week

Tugay: Still Rovers best midfielder by a mile at 38. Which is kind of the problem with the squad

Andrews: Energetic display, some neat touches but never really makes anything happen

Roque: A class above any other player at Rovers, even though he looks like a player in his last 4 weeks with the club

Derbyshire: Ran his heart out but ultimately looked like a little boy lost - yet again. Should have been on the bench

Overall, some strange decisions from the bench: why not start with Benni when he scored 2 in midweek? Should have made subs as soon as the first goal went in - not when 0-2 down.

3-1 probably flattered them, but at he end of the day in the position we're in it's results that count. Getting relegated but saying we played well isn't what I want ....

As said previously tonnes of effort but a real lack of quality there today. Inces undoing is the fact every club in the league has spent lots of money and the bar has been raised significantly compared to last season. Other clubs have spent well or got players who can do the job in order to obtain a decent mid table position. Blackburn however have spent there money on pure dross in my opinion. Andrews cant cut it obviously,Grella a player playing in the bottom half of Serie A, Villenueva seen on youtube a few times but now playing in a league which is so far different to the premier league its untrue.

Couldnt believe how many long balls i was seeing today either....absolute rubbish. I also lost count of how many times I saw Liverpool wingers put crosses into the middle only for the rovers defence with plenty of time on there hands to bring it down and pick out a pass just go and hoof it either up into the air or as far forward as they could.

Things have got to change and fast. In my opinion I'd like to see a european manager come in now and really shake things up. Aswell as the chance of attracting quality players to the club.

I thought we played really well today and if we had played like that for the last eight or nine games we wouldn't be in anything like the position we are currently in.

Unfortunately that is little consolation.

Everyone put in a good shift today, apart from Roque who just like on Wednesday night seemed to be going through the motions. McCarthy should have been on much earlier.

MGP put in his best performance for probably a couple of seasons.

Did the team put in a shift because they feel guilty about the predicament they've put the manager in? Or was it because they know he's all but gone?

If it's the former, they might be a glimmer of hope for Ince yet. That said, we would need to start winning immediately, starting next Saturday.

Let me underline my point Fat Sam will choose Sunderland over us anyway. We dont have 5 million quid to pay off Portsmouth over a weekend or a hefting signing on bonus. Who will you sign on Monday that will bring a new mood to the club next week and how will you do it. Alternatively how long do you think it will take us to execute plan B, see who is out there,go through negotiations get a short list,make sure his backroom staff are available. Could be past the transfer deadline. Whats your plan Topman

So the only viable option is to stick with the manager taking us down? The club needs a lift, and that's not going to happen with Ince losing week in week out.

Even if Big Sam wasn't interested, there are other possibilities. No one as glamorous as who we missed out on in the summer, but better options than Ince - who is clearly out of his depth.

I thought we played really well today and if we had played like that for the last eight or nine games we wouldn't be in anything like the position we are currently in.

Unfortunately Rev, playing well includes defending and scoring goals. They're the things that really matter. Two things we haven't been able to do all season.

The defence is an utter shambles at times and I can't see us scoring until the game is all but over.

We have led games for a total of 8 minutes at home this season and I think that says a lot.

If I could see a gradual change or improvement as games went by I could be convinced we should stick with Ince. But we are getting worse not better.

Ince wants time and in an ideal world would get his wish but unfortunately time is the one thing we don't have. Oh, and money!

Archived