BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Liverpool Preview

Cocker

Things have got to change and fast. In my opinion I'd like to see a european manager come in now and really shake things up. Aswell as the chance of attracting quality players to the club.

I would like to agree with you. In the summer I was absolutely adamant that this was the way to go. As a consequence Michael Laudrup was far and away my first choice to succeed Mark Hughes. Unfortunately the situation at BRFC has changed. We are in a relegation battle, hence it is very likely to have put off a number of quality European managers. Secondly it now might be too risky to travel that route. The most immediate concern is Premier League survival and as such a tried, tested, experienced, and a success-enough Premier League manager is probably more urgently needed. Hello Big Sam Allardyce (or Souness, but preferably as a caretaker, considering his abrasive personality). He was not high on my list in the summer, but the ambitions to push on with the good work Hughes had done is gone for the time being (and potentially not recoverable, depending on how devastating relegation is for the club).

• Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply
We were playing a team that are clear at the top of the table, matched them stride for stride, and if Roque had buried the header he should have done at 0-1 we'd probably have gained a well deserved point.

All if's and but's and no use to us in our present position but it's completely wrong to say it was a poor performance.

and if my aunty had a knob shed be my uncle.and if we had scored 4 we would of won and if we had won every game this season wed be top.

soz rev im just ARRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

IVE JUST HEARD INCES INTERVIEW!!!!!

THE SCUM INTERVIEWER ASKED HIM WHY OUTSIDE PEOPLE WANT HIM OUT...WAS IT THE UTD ,LIVERPOOL CONNECTION OR BECAUSE HES A BLACK MAN....GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

AND THEN AT THE END HES LAUGHING AND JOKING WITH HIM ..WELL MR INCE I DONT SEE ANYTHING REMOTLY AMUSING ABOUT OUR/YOUR SITUATION.....ITS SUPPOSED TO HURT WHEN YOU GET BEAT AND ME PERSONALLY HAVENT SAID ANYTHING POSITIVE OR FUNNY SINCE THE FINAL WHISTLE WENT!! BECAUSE IT CHUFFING HURTS

Rev, in you honest opinion if we lost against Wigan would you even call it a day for Ince?

I thought he should have gone on Thursday after the United game.

Not sure what the Board have in mind, but he certainly doesn't deserve to be stood in the dugout with stories he's effectively already been sacked floating around.

No doubting that was our best home performance of the season. First half we showed commitment and teamwork (which we haven't see of late) this reduced Liverpool to very few chances at all. We ourselves didn't create too much going forward, if only Pedersen's shot that rattled the crossbar had gone in.

Second half in typical Rovers fashion we seemed to play much worse than in the first. A couple of brilliant reflex saves from Robbo prevented Liverpool going ahead. Despite not exacty camping in our half you felt a Liverpool goal was coming, and that it did albeit in a bit of an unfornate fashion. We offered absolutely nothing going forward and in all honesty a goal was only going to come from a set piece when up against Liverpool's dubious zonal marking system. Roque did get on the goalsheet but in truth he played poorly today, he gave the ball away numerous times but I suppose it's hard up against probably the best defense in the league. The second Liverpool goal was bad, bad defending yet again from Warnock who got left behind after a dribble from Benayoun. To compound the misery Gerrard showed good composure to slot home a third.

If we showed the same sort of teamwork and work ethic against the Sunderlands and Middlesbroughs of this world we'd have more points now. Thought Ince got playing a pressing 4-4-2 formation spot on to be honest. Derbysire ran all day but never rally got a sniff of a chance. Unfornately our two best players inEmerton and Santa Cruz had off days. Pedersen however impressed and was unlucky not to score with a terrific strike.

Ratings

Robinson - 8 - A couple of world-class saves, could have done better with the second goal?

Ooijer - 6 - Did okay but still not convinced by him.

Samba - 7 - Impressive performance, won everything in the air.

Nelsen - 7 - Looked solid apart from a near costly slip.

Warnock - 5 - At fault for the second goal.

Emerton - 5 - Didn't take the fullback on once.

Tugay - 7 - The only player that looked like creating anything.

Andrews - 6 - Was anonymous for large parts of the game, didn't waste possession when he had it but got bailed out by Tugay's skill a couple of times.

Pedersen - 8 - Best game in ages, got stuck in.

Santa Cruz - 6 - Not his best of games, still looked like our most likely goalscorer, looked to be carrying an injury to be fair.

Derbyshire - 7 - Ran and chased all day.

--------------------

McCarthy - Should have come on early to make a greater impact

Vogel - Looked neat and tidy when he came on, good to now he still exists.

Treacy - Bringing off the goal poacher Derbyshire to bring on a left winger who hasn't got a senior goal to his name when you deseparetly need a goal. Baffling sub.

I thought today was a decent performance and there was plenty of effort from the the players. However, the simple fact is that we have now taken just 3 points from the last 30. We have the worst defensive record in the division and rarely threaten in front of the the opposition goal. Today we had a good effort from Pedersen, a Roque header that should have been buried and Roque's goal. Unfortunately, in the position in which we are in both effort and good football are of secondary importance. Results are all that matter.

I felt that today a 0-0 draw was the best we could hope for and I believe the manager set his stall out to achieve that. For once he put players in their proper positions and we looked to be better balanced. However, both Roque and Brett didn't look really fit and, once again, we had to rely on the 38-year old Tugay to generate some class in the midfield. I thought that Andrews looked an honest trier today but was totally outclassed by the quality of the Liverpool midfield.

If we are going to get the points we need in the coming weeks we are going to have to improve the service to the front two. Once again, I felt that both Roque and Derbyshire had little to work with.

However, the most worrying element is the number of goals we are conceding. Both Fulham and West Ham have stopped Liverpool scoring in the past two games and yet we concede three while playing reasonably well. We simply aren't defending well as a team and perhaps if our defensive coach spent his Saturday afternoons watching the team he might just spot that we have a problem!

Why are you doom and gloom merchants knocking the teams performance??

You are so biased in wanting Ince out that you cannot judge today's performance properly.

Give the lads the credit they deserve for today...ffs

Yes the team put the effort in.

Yes it was a decent performance.

At the end of the day how many points did we get?

Could we be bottom of the league tomorrow?

What good is a performance without the end product to match it?

Sad thing is we need points, not performances.

Warnock was an embarrassment today along with Cruz if Rovers can pull in some decent money for these two in january and strengthen the team then so be it it has to be done.

A quality proven premiership central midfielder would be first on the shopping list.

Plenty of endeavour today but lacking in quality another championship performance.

A big well done to the fans for getting behind the team and not getting on their backs.

so was i bazza 3 goals no points ,,,,,,,,

Result. Not performance.

What I mean is that those out there that wore the blue and white halved jersey played out of their skins for the cause and I cannot knock them for that. The fact that they were not good enough to beat a good Liverpool side is by the by.

I also thought the team was better today and tried very hard. The first half was very encouraging and the crowd which had been quiet at the start suddenly realised that the players were putting in the effort and got behind the team. Blackburn people are much better in adversity and I was quietly confident that we might get something from the game. However Tugay`s error let in the first goal and with chasing the game got caught twice more.

What a difference a win would make to our confidence! Some good performances from Tugay, Andrews, Pedersen and the defence up to the end. Samba had been ordered forward so they were exposed but we desperately need a right winger to get some decent crosses in and put pressure on an opponents defence. Emerton was poor today. Roque was ponderous by his standards and Matty huffed and puffed but without much luck.

The players were clearly playing for the manager so I`m not sure where that leaves him. We have to spend in January and I hope the manager knows who he wants to turn the situation around.

Odd game but the outcome wierdly seemed inevitable from the beginning.

We played well up the last third and then PPPPhut...

First half:

I though we were great in the first half, plenty of effort, passing, movement, desire, and through Tugay some control.

However I only counted one real shot (from MPG which hi the bar). For once the midfield stuck with the back for and all was well at the back and it made us feel good..

Second half:

Slight change in tactice from Fat Waiter with Alonso pushing into Left Wing from Left Mid and Tugay clearly tiring and.... Bang. Simple sub required. Vogals back dummy! but we waited until it was 0-2.

Subs: Emerton having a mare and we change everyone else.

Robinson - God guys open your eyes - he's ineffectual and spoilt any chance of passing play wi't big yourkshire 'eve oh' every time. Shots - 2 hit at him and some think he's god. Rubbish - first out under any decent manager. Awful for both the 2nd and 3rd goals (3rd required 'eve oh and he duffed it). Scary every ball in over shoulder hight - okay for 5 a side but wouldn't get in my 5 a side team.

Spends. Must replace Robinson and Tugay (Dunn could do it but can't stay fit) with class. Whole January budget on it if need be but do it!

RSC - not fit.

Warnock - forgot how flaky he looked at LB. Pretender.

Andrews. SG wandered past him walking so many times. To dim. Sell

Defence otherwise was fine.

Derbs. Good to see some pace but why oh why did no one run past Hypia one on one - he's older than my Lambretta - and slower.

Ince. Tactics, - played narrower and tighter and it worked until Fat Waiter changed his approach. ('Keep it 0-0 until we break scouse chums"). Excellent we were not.

Subs - crud. Too late to respond and it was easy to do so. Lost us this game. Vogel on at Half time for Andrews (good occasionally but lacks any defensive awareness near his area). Derbs has to cover Right mid and RSC for Benni. MGP goes to cover a wide open Warnock - 0-0 at the end and thats a start. Tugs goes further forward for a while and then off. ???? we have no replacement until Dunn comes back.

Subs: Treacy - keep out of pub and off beer - Fat

Villenuava - see above

MCCarthy -- Mmmm... after a dire year - looks like a hitman again - keep off girlies?

I think we should keep hold of both if we can - they are two quality players and Warnock is a hard nut who can get the fans going - not bad for a left back. Santa has been great for Rovers apart from this season where he's been off his game. The best thing would be to get the confidence back in him, but I have a feeling this is down to the manager.

Realistically, I think we'd be lucky to get £10-12m for him but I think we'd benefit more by keeping him and getting in another striker to partner him. If anything, get rid of Benni or Roberts to make room.

I think you're off your rocker if you think it's worth selling Warnock. He may have made a few mistakes of late, but get him back at left-back on a regular basis - I think he's a fans favourite on the sly.

I'm going off topic :blush:

How many moe times do we have to witness him

1. miss a sitter when playing in midfield

2 . Fail to close down the opposition in dangerous areas and allow them to score

3. blame everyone around him for his own inability.

4. fail to make a telling contribution to our attack in being able to make that final all important telling pass.

Enough is enough with the scouse love-in, its over, bring in the german full back to replace Warnock.

I think we should keep hold of both if we can - they are two quality players and Warnock is a hard nut who can get the fans going - not bad for a left back. Santa has been great for Rovers apart from this season where he's been off his game. The best thing would be to get the confidence back in him, but I have a feeling this is down to the manager.

Realistically, I think we'd be lucky to get £10-12m for him but I think we'd benefit more by keeping him and getting in another striker to partner him. If anything, get rid of Benni or Roberts to make room.

I think you're off your rocker if you think it's worth selling Warnock. He may have made a few mistakes of late, but get him back at left-back on a regular basis - I think he's a fans favourite on the sly.

I'm going off topic :blush:

How many moe times do we have to witness him

1. miss a sitter when playing in midfield

2 . Fail to close down the opposition in dangerous areas and allow the to score

3. blame everyone around him for his own inability.

4. fail to make a telling contribution to our attack in bveing able to make that final all important telling pass.

Enough is enough with the scouse love-in, its over, bring in the german full back to replace Warnock.

Warnock looses his position far too many times. How many times did Alonso run unmolested into the penalty area down that side when Fat Waiter took the shackles off him in the second half? (second goal - ohhhh deary me!). He did need cover but then Pederson can't make the forward runs he's obviously been instructed too. (he is playing better up front than I've seen for ages but it's at a defensive cost). Lapse today and for most of the time we've had him punctuated by Pederson assisted good spells. I want a left back who can defend. Zurab would be in for an extended run I'm afraid.

Agree on midfield point completely but the first half today was fine.

See Keith Andrews involved in all Liverpools three goals on MOTD didnt think he was that bad until the camera shows him up.

Scotch, can you elaborate on this?

I'd agree, although I think Simpson needs to come back at right-back - as much as I am a fan of Ooijer, he plays like a central defender at right-back, i.e. backing off and off (probably because he knows if he goes in for the tackle and fails he'll never chase back in time - I don't blame him, it's not his natural position).

One other thing I'd like to point out is that the midfield seriously needs to help our defence out more - not just by tracking back, but preventing those penetrating passes. This is why I'd advocate Vogel playing, because I think he reads the game well and prevents certain events from happening. Mokoena is a tough nut when it comes to tackling but I think his footballing intellect and passing ability don't make him a viable candidate for this position.

I'd go as far as saying he's been our best left-back since Graeme Le Saux. Nothing to do with loving Scousers <_<

Simpson along with Warnock are sub standard El Tombro we need better.

I noticed that too Abbey,somone was almost consoling him,looked really upset.

Jason Brown put his arm round him and took him down the tunnel. It was about 2 mins after he came off he suddenly started crying. Wasn't clear what caused it. He did come back and stand in the tunnel to watch the end of the game.

Archived