BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Who Should The New Manager Be?

neekoy

New Manager  

506 members have voted

1. 1. From the following who would you prefer?

• Sam Allardyce
    • Graeme Souness
    • Alan Curbishley
    • Roy Keane
    • Owen Coyle
    • David Jones
    • Roberto Mancini
    • Avram Grant

No I wouldn't. But I won't be going to Ewood if he's the manager, and I keep my word unlike certain golf players we could name.

Surely you cannot put you obvious hate for the man in front of your obvious love for Rovers. He may not be the best of characters - his style of football may not be the best. But if he gets Rovers out of the bottom 3 and the style of football becomes winning football, then so be it.

I am not a big fan of BFS I am a Rovers supporter. I was not excited about the appointment of Ince - I was though willing to give him a try. He failed his trial and therefore I wanted him sacked.

My opiion with regards to Big Sam is the same as Ince I'm willing to give him a try - if he helps or any other manager keeps Rovers in the prem then I get bhind and support the team.

Blackburn Rovers come before any person at the club, manager, player etc.

Just something to give you thought -why let one person ruin your love of a football club?

Those in the BBE may need crash helmets and I do not think they will ever consider building a roof over Ewood Park whislt Big Sam is the manager.

• Replies 917
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If Sam doesn't succeed, he is down the toilet every bit as much as we are.

Given the steaming mess we are in, Sam is the best bet for getting us out of it and that has to have been the over-riding condsidferation and the price the club has paid for dithering such a ridiculous amount of time over getting rid of Ince.

Good luck Sam but I still have nightmares of the Youtube clip of the training session you ran at Newcastle.

Great first point - he needs this to work every bit as much as we do. He'll be off to join Souey in the wilderness if it goes wrong.

Whats the thing about training at Newcastle?

Neck brace ordered for watching his unique and crap brand of hoofball.

Season ticket 09/10 in the balance

Stop moaning! At least there is more chance of us playing the likes of Man Utd, Chelsea, Liverpool, Villa etc in 09/10 than playing the likes of Plymouth and Swansea! If we get the results playing crap football that is fine by me cos that is what matters now

That'll be an end to shipping 3 goals every week, what a great couple of days. Don't give a monkeys about style, i want to stop losing week in week out and not be relegated. No way in a million years mancini would be suitable working on a budget in a relegation scrap, We've half a chance of staying up and thats more than we had 2 days ago.

Stop moaning! At least there is more chance of us playing the likes of Man Utd, Chelsea, Liverpool, Villa etc in 09/10 than playing the likes of Plymouth and Swansea! If we get the results playing crap football that is fine by me cos that is what matters now

That's your choice but I for one will NOT be paying to watch if we play his old Bolton style. I'd rather go shopping than watch long throw hoofball. However the shops will be very busy if that happens as they will be full of ex-long term season ticket holders

SPOT ON THAT’S ALL THAT MATTERS !!!!!

At least we got hope going into games with the top 4 instead of a manager who come out before the game and writes us off before a ball is even kicked.

Ill buy a neck brace if it meant we beat any of the top 4.

That's your choice but I for one will NOT be paying to watch if we play his old Bolton style. I'd rather go shopping than watch long throw hoofball. However the shops will be very busy if that happens as they will be full of ex-long term season ticket holders

So which would you rather see us in the championship playing lovely passing football or see us in the top half of the premiership upsetting the media and the bigger clubs by working hard and being hard to beat !!!

Bye bye Ewood then

Bye! Dont come back when we are back up the table.

Neck brace ordered for watching his unique and crap brand of hoofball.

Season ticket 09/10 in the balance

Dont talk rubbish, they dont play route 1 like everyone made out, no more so that some other teams. Organised, tough football - exactly what made us a good team under Hughes.

Goodbye. Also season ticket holders dont pay to watch games, they have already signed up for the season. As for shopping? You female? :blink: Do you even like football? :unsure:

Can't say I'm happy - all I keep thinking of is a game against his Notlob side a few years ago, where right from the kick-off their keeper was wasting time every chance he could - throwing the ball about 5 yards in front of where the linesman had his flag raised for the offside so that the ref would have to run over and tell him to move it back, taking as much time as possible over goal-kicks etc. - and thinking that's what we have to look forward to.

But, if that's what it takes to stay up, then I suppose we'll have to lump it, a bit like we did with Hughes' first season in charge when we played ultra-negative football. The thing is though that the next season Hughes actually got us playing good football, I don't think Allardyce will.

I've got a season ticket so I'll be there for the rest of the season and he's got a chance to prove me wrong, but atm I won't be renewing next year.

The thing is though that the next season Hughes actually got us playing good football, I don't think Allardyce will.

Bolton played decent stuff at home it was away and against the big boys that Bolton turned into a hybrid cross between Wimbledon and Arsenal. Dirty bstards off the ball that faked injury to the max when dispossessed. Rem the likes of Okocha, Anelka, Campo, Diouff and Djorkaeff were top attacking and entertaining players without a doubt.

I've got a season ticket so I'll be there for the rest of the season and he's got a chance to prove me wrong, but atm I won't be renewing next year.

Question for you, gumboots and MrE. Would you have got a season ticket for next year if we had stuck with Ince and been relegated? If not then you are no loss at all are you?

First off, fair play to JW and all concerned on getting a quick appointment!

In my opinion Sam is the right man for the job. one thing he will definately do is make us very hard to beat - something we are have not been this season!

As mentioned by others, Mancini would be a massive risk. One we could not afford to take.

And as far as exciting football is concerned. In my opinion, winning football is exctiting football!!

I think they've got this one spot on.

Bolton played decent stuff at home it was away and against the big boys that Bolton turned into a hybrid cross between Wimbledon and Arsenal. Dirty bstards off the ball that faked injury to the max when dispossessed. Rem the likes of Okocha, Anelka, Campo, Diouff and Djorkaeff were top attacking and entertaining players without a doubt.

Question for you, gumboots and MrE. Would you have got a season ticket for next year if we had stuck with Ince and been relegated? If not then you are no loss at all are you?

Not wanting Allardyce and wanting Ince are not the same thing - you do understand that don't you??

Now I realise that BFS was your first choice all along, but he certainly wasn't mine. I think that there were better candidates out there, but that doesn't matter now. At the end of the day I'll keep coming this season as I've already paid for the ST, but since watching football is my 'entertainment' if it becomes unentertaining then I'll choose to spend my money elsewhere. (But if we play as well as you reckon Notlob did at home - I'll have to take your word for it as I don't frequent the breezeblock - then it won't be an issue!)

And yes I probably would buy a ST if we got relegated, provided we played attacking, exciting football - but then I've never really bought into this 'The premiership is the b-all and end-all' BS like some other people.

The one thing I've noticed in the media during this whole firing and hiring proceedure has been how much the press keep mentioning "the feeling on the messageboards". I've never heard it said so much about any other club when they've been heavily in the news.

We all need to pull together ..... but yet you aren't prepared to some female whim. We are from Mars but you lot really are from Venus aren't you?

Haha, I really shouldn't reply to you, because you are obviously a wind up merchant, but being female has nothing to do with it. :rolleyes:

If people care more about Allardyce than Rovers, then they are not fans of Blackburn. the club is bigger than the man. If certain people refuse to turn up because Sam is in charge then they should be ashamed. You'd rather jeopardise our future in the division then get in a guy who has a proven track record of helping clubs like ours.

Best appointment we could have made (realistically obviously).

At this moment in time, Blackburn Rovers are beggars.

And beggars cannot be choosers.

Although I was very much against Allardyce in June, the horror Ince released onto us has made me realise we need Allardyce this season to salvage something.

Dam Paul Ince - the guy has totally f***ed up our season. Santa Cruz will of course want to leave next month considering we are in a relegation battle and he wants to be flying off to Europe on a thursday on a seat next to Robinho. Yes Man City are just above the relegation zone but that won't matter to him. No club can get relegated with 3 brazilians he'll be thinking.

Has Ince spoken about his exit yet?

At this moment in time, Blackburn Rovers are beggars.

And beggars cannot be choosers.

Although I was very much against Allardyce in June, the horror Ince released onto us has made me realise we need Allardyce this season to salvage something.

Dam Paul Ince - the guy has totally f***ed up our season. Santa Cruz will of course want to leave next month considering we are in a relegation battle and he wants to be flying off to Europe on a thursday on a seat next to Robinho. Yes Man City are just above the relegation zone but that won't matter to him. No club can get relegated with 3 brazilians he'll be thinking.

Has Ince spoken about his exit yet?

This thread should be closed - after all it is now a done deal and Rovers have a new manager in place - the speculation therefore is over.

Archived