BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Who Should The New Manager Be?

neekoy

New Manager  

506 members have voted

1. 1. From the following who would you prefer?

• Sam Allardyce
    • Graeme Souness
    • Alan Curbishley
    • Roy Keane
    • Owen Coyle
    • David Jones
    • Roberto Mancini
    • Avram Grant

:(

Why do you feel so strongly?

Him I've hated him since he walked out of Notts county. don't know why. Just feel everything that is horrible in a man is wrapped up in him. No logic, no explanation. Some people just do that to you and he does it to me. Said all I'm saying certain people will be glad to hear. May return in a few years' time if Rovers are still around and that man has gone.

• Replies 917
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Also Mancini may have been a glamorous appointment but we can't take another risk like that now

This is spot on. What the club need right now is a safe pair of hands, not a glamourous risk. JW has made the right call on this one.

If Sam doesn't succeed, he is down the toilet every bit as much as we are.

Given the steaming mess we are in, Sam is the best bet for getting us out of it and that has to have been the over-riding condsidferation and the price the club has paid for dithering such a ridiculous amount of time over getting rid of Ince.

Good luck Sam but I still have nightmares of the Youtube clip of the training session you ran at Newcastle.

Yes and to a fair few away games. This is not football - it's him. I didn't get to the Hull game at Ewood as I was still on holiday but I think it's the only one I've missed. I have a season ticket. I'll still have it till the end of the season. Then I've got a hard choice to make. I can't justify buying one and not using it next year as we're permanently broke as it is so i may be one of those fans who is lost to the club. I don't want to be but having said I'll not attend if he is in charge then I have to do it. I've built my reputation on meaning what I say and that's something I can't change.

Well thats that then.... I guess JW will just have to do a U turn. :rolleyes:

Gumboots the only reputation you have as far as I am concerned is for being completely irrational. My judgement was proven to be accurate re: Ince, I stated that he would be a disaster for BRFC and he bloody well was.

So is your intuition / judgement prompting you to say that Allardyce will be a disaster too? Cos imo he is our best hope to dig us out of the complete mess that half a season under that muppet has left us. He may not do it and we may yet go down but imo there would have been absolutely no danger if he had been appointed to the job on June 21st. Allardyce, the players and the club needs all our support now. We all need to pull together ..... but yet you aren't prepared to some female whim. We are from Mars but you lot really are from Venus aren't you?

I can understand why Mancini wasn't picked. JW has gone for someone that has experience in managing the premier league and someone who has experienced a relegation battle before.

I wouldn't have picked Mancini considering the situation we are in.

Agree would could not afford to take the risk on a manager who has not been in a relegation battle before.

Mancini would of been ideal in the summer but not now it had to be Sam I think that's the right decision and applaud the board for making it.

Also I could not give a F**k if he plays long ball in your face football as long as we get the results and stay in the premier league even if we went down we have a chance with Sam to come back up again.

I bet his first job will be to sort out the defence.

Big Fat Sams Blue and White Army

well done Williams and the board, its the right appointment at this time. Big Sam has got a big task ahead of him, due to Ince. But i think he was the only one who has any chance of getting Rovers out this mess. Mancini would of been a more exciting appointment, but he has no experence of managing a club in the prem and considering the mess we are in the moment, that would of been a huge gamble.

BFS BLUE AND WHITE ARMY

I dont want to be disrespectful to somebody who clearly deserves respect but that makes you no better than Thenodrog. Sorry.

But I was right cock. :tu:

Everything that I have stated about Ince has come into being. I dont want to appear allover smug but you cannot deny that his appointment was the disaster for BRFC that I predicted it would be right from the start. I've taken fearful stick from dreamers, ideallists and numpty's alike so it would be nice if you would maybe acknowledge that my judgement was valid........ before we begin to discuss yours. :lol:

Him I've hated him since he walked out of Notts county. don't know why. Just feel everything that is horrible in a man is wrapped up in him. No logic, no explanation. Some people just do that to you and he does it to me. Said all I'm saying certain people will be glad to hear. May return in a few years' time if Rovers are still around and that man has gone.
:rolleyes:

Won't be staying away if we do well :brfcsmilie::brfcsmilie:

I knew I was onto something with those Mancini links!

After the Ince gamble, I think JW couldn't afford another roll of the dice or Mancini had big demands or simply didn't impress in the interview.

I for one will give BFS my full support and hope he can get us out of this mess Ince has left us in.

I cannot believe that Sam Allardyce got the job over Mancini that beggars believe...

I just hope to God they haven't f**ked it up again this time, there's no way of coming back from this decision if they have.

Nicko any clues / rumours as to why Sam was chosen over the much braver appointment of Mancini at all?

You've just answered your own question! :rolleyes:

5 points adrift at the bottom which may as well be 6 with Christmas a week off. Now is not the time for dreamboats.

you will be missed at Rovers i am sure!!!. Look under BFS we have more of a chance of getting out of the mess we are in at the moment, so i think all true rovers fans will applaud the appointment of Big Sam and give him all the support he needs.

Well I hope you people are happy.

BFS's Barmy Army.... :rolleyes:

I wonder how exactly players like Dunn who care about our club are going to play for this man.

"C'mon Dunny, go out there and do it for...me."

Just very, very sickening.

Dunny very very nearly signed for him 2 years ago!! :lol: I should think that he's well suited to have Allardyce at BRFC. His personal hell would have been a return by GS.

errr you dont sit down for a pee too do you? :rover:

It does taint it a bit knowing that Mancini was in the running but then again, as people have mentioned, he would not have been happy with our budget, would probably have been expensive, and at Inter he had a world class team with no Juve or Milan to challenge them so he had to win the title so we don't know how good a manager he actually is. He would have been too risky to introduce to English football with a team already struggling and in need of rescuing. Like Avram Grant, we don't know how he would have coped with a team with no money and no world class stars (bar possibly Santa Cruz). Big Sam knows what he is doing and knows what he has to do to save us. He will have followed English football, probably seen some of our performances and knows our players so should be able to come in and do a decent job straight away.

If Sam doesn't succeed, he is down the toilet every bit as much as we are.

Given the steaming mess we are in, Sam is the best bet for getting us out of it and that has to have been the over-riding condsidferation and the price the club has paid for dithering such a ridiculous amount of time over getting rid of Ince.

Good luck Sam but I still have nightmares of the Youtube clip of the training session you ran at Newcastle.

Kinell t'bloody winds moved around again! :rolleyes: C'mon Gunner can you not stop dithering for once?

Archived