BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Who Should The New Manager Be?

neekoy

New Manager  

506 members have voted

1. 1. From the following who would you prefer?

• Sam Allardyce
    • Graeme Souness
    • Alan Curbishley
    • Roy Keane
    • Owen Coyle
    • David Jones
    • Roberto Mancini
    • Avram Grant

• Replies 917
  • Created
  • Last Reply
However there is at least one other runner.

According to Ian Abrahams (Mousse) on Talk Sport at 830 this morning Peter Reid was top of their on-line poll!

:lol:

Chimpey Chops must have leapt down off his tyre and given JW a ring!

Peter, it was a load of Dingles having a larf. Honest.!

Sam has met them - obviously the money will have been discussed.

However there is at least one other runner.

And Souey is not out of it yet.

So the next day or so is going to be ultra-interesting.

John Williams says he knows who he wants and he wants them in by Saturday. So if he has met Sam then he has talked terms. No other plausible outcome. The other runner who comes into play will be Curbishley if Sam turns us down. Souey will not return. There was too much known about his disgraceful treatment of staff and players at Brockhall to warrant that. Not to mention his appalling tactical knowledge and his antediluvian training methods. He got lucky with Duff, Dunn and Jansen dropping in his lap. It wont happen again. Sam will have 24 hours to sleep on it. If not Curbs will be on the train North tomorrow.

Not everyone was impressed by Mancini when he was at the helm at Inter either, big name aside I am not sure he would be a good choice - and he quite clearly isn't what we need just now, Ince's lack of Premier League experience in mind. Yes, he has got experience, and he was one hell of a player too - but Ramos' stint at Tottenham showed that in the Premier League, you need different things than in the Primera Liga and most likely the Serie A.

Bring in Allardyce now.

So the next day or so is going to be ultra-interesting.

You think it will go on that long?

I personally think JW wants this tied up today, if not early tomorrow to get us set for Saturday.

Williams also says he knows who he wants, and if your saying he has spoken to BFS recently then you would assume that he is the selected candidate.

You think it will go on that long? I THINK THERE ARE AT LEAST THREE PEOPLE TO SPEAK TO...AND THAT TAKES A LITTLE BIT OF TIME.

I personally think JW wants this tied up today, if not early tomorrow to get us set for Saturday. BETTER TO BE RIGHT THAN QUICK.

Williams also says he knows who he wants, and if your saying he has spoken to BFS recently then you would assume that he is the selected candidate. I THINK HE KNOWS WHO HE WANTS TO TALK TO BUT THIS IS NOT A DONE DEAL YET.

Your also in a small minority :wacko:

I know, I'm just still struggling to see what is so great about Sam Allardyce and why he is so much better than other managers available out there such as Reid, Graham, Hoddle, Curbishley, McLaren, Venables etc who all have a similiar or better record to him. Most of these are out of work and readily available.

I just think that Allardyce is being built up to some kind of god like status already!

What has he ever really done except do decently for Bolton in the long run at Bolton but was nearly relegated from the premiership their first couple of years in.

Archived