BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Who Should The New Manager Be?

neekoy

New Manager  

506 members have voted

1. 1. From the following who would you prefer?

• Sam Allardyce
    • Graeme Souness
    • Alan Curbishley
    • Roy Keane
    • Owen Coyle
    • David Jones
    • Roberto Mancini
    • Avram Grant

• Replies 917
  • Created
  • Last Reply
http://sports.betfair.com/Index.do?mi=100271077&ex=1

Are you sure? This says Allardyce is now odds on (3/1 last night). Am I reading this right...? I thought this says the market has around £85k matched the majority of which is with the Big One. Or am I looking in the wrong place? I dont bet see, which is why I love Uncle Trustee.

Just seen a shift the other way, very odd...

http://sports.betfair.com/Index.do?mi=100271077&ex=1

Are you sure? This says Allardyce is now odds on (3/1 last night). Am I reading this right...? I thought this says the market has around £85k matched the majority of which is with the Big One. Or am I looking in the wrong place? I dont bet see, which is why I love Uncle Trustee.

It's changing all the time...

Owen Coyle's odds are shortening quite allot which is interesting.

I have this weird feeling the club might suprise everyone and it wont be Big Sam or Souness...

Who knows!

According to SkySports News Coyles odds are 14/1?

Interesting Jol is reportedly interested, never considered he would be. I've always liked him, but at the end at Spurs they leaked goals almost as fast as we're doing at the moment - certainly not what we need.

Jol did well at spurs and has done well at hamburg, however he only joined them in may. I don't see him leaving after 6-7 months.

How the fark do Sunderland get linked with Mancini and Schuster and we get BFS and Souness?

I know how you feel.

Sums it for me. The suggested are as boring as paint drying, mind you I was totally unimpressed when we signed Ince so I suppoose nothing has changed

I doubt if we will be as the list is so dull it's not going to raise any real passions.

Summer was a massive anti-climax, this will be no different.

The plus point for me with big Sam, is that if we go down, he's the best man on that list to get us back up again. That has to be a massive consideration for the board.

How would those two cope in the 2nd Div neekoy? btw the correct answer is that they wouldn't! :rolleyes:

Sorry you two but for me being in the championship should not come in too it.

Correct. Too big a culture clash. Some people are getting ridiculous and resorting to stupidity in desperately searching for viable alternatives to Allardyce.

Sorry, Check out the available managers and as I said no-one stands out not even Sam. So do you choose the best of a bad bunch or look elsewhere? I don't believe in settling.

Why I have no interest in Italian football!

In which case it totally invalidates your comments.

Apart from six grounds, Blackburn Rovers are glamorous, extremely well equipped with facilities, rich and better supported.

Serie A's average gates slipped below Rovers' average gate last season.

Go to Catania or Lecce and then try telling me if Blackburn is a run down dump with problems. There is nothing in Blackburn which remotely begins to match the problems in Palermo or Naples.

It's changing all the time...

Owen Coyle's odds are shortening quite allot which is interesting.

I have this weird feeling the club might suprise everyone and it wont be Big Sam or Souness...

Who knows!

According to SkySports News Coyles odds are 14/1?

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/footba...rmanent-manager

the bookies think it's big Sam. Coyle is going out on all fronts

Can i just say I don't want allardyce and will not apologise to anyone for not wanting him in the summer either. I don't understand why people are so sure he could keep us up any better than a number of other managers bearing in mind that he did not do the job on little money at Bolton - he did it on small fees but big wages. He had an army of backroom staff to carry out the training and although he did fairly well with them i don't think he's a quick fix manager. We need a very quick fix at the moment. I don't know who we should get and I've never voted in a "Who do you want?" poll. I just hope that whoever comes in is not someone who will make a sorry mess even sorrier.

How come no Houlier on the list?

ApparentLy he is interested in coming back to the P/L

Did he not say no when linked to Sunderland, I like him and think he'd do a good job with the whole club.

Apart from six grounds, Blackburn Rovers are glamorous, extremely well equipped with facilities, rich and better supported.

Go to Catania or Lecce and then try telling me if Blackburn is a run down dump with problems. There is nothing in Blackburn which remotely begins to match the problems in Palermo or Naples.

Which is exactly why we are a good proposition for a foreign coach. When you look at the whole package we are a good one. As I said most continental managers would relish a 10M a season budgets.

I don't think we are talking about the same thing here. :unsure:

No, you are, you just don't realise it. You are of the opinion that a European manager is unsuited to this job because they won't be accustomed to the surroundings and will be out of place. You are painting a stereotype of European footballers and coaches being softies who take longer on their hair than they do in training. The reality is that the vast majority of European clubs are in towns or cities somewhat similar to Blackburn, have worse facilities, less money and fewer supporters. They train in what is often terrible conditions and also face the threat of relegation. European managers are quite used to the same challenges that Blackburn are up against now, it is just you don't pay enough attention to football abroad and probably, although I'm quite happy to apologise if I am wrong on this, generally only see continental sides when you watch the UEFA Cup or Champions League (which if you watch enough of you will actually get a glimpse at the very issues I am touching on).

Mancini is experienced, qualified and well-connected and has shown that he can manage on a budget and if he were English he would be first choice. I seem to recall posting similar remarks about Ten Cate in the summer. We now see Ten Cate winning a Champions League group with a team that certainly isn't a European giant, where as our good ol' Englishman is picking up the rest of his cheques whilst he sits on his arse at home.

Ah, so you're the one Holt was talking about.

Why is it Holt refers to the lack of black etc in football yet someone mentions a manager is white and you shout racist, don't you think we should be discussing football matters here and colour should not matter it should be who is the best for the job.

Why is it Holt refers to the lack of black etc in football yet someone mentions a manager is white and you shout racist, don't you think we should be discussing football matters here and colour should not matter it should be who is the best for the job.

Where did I shout racist?

I feel you have just contradicted yourself. On one hand someone mentioning a manager is white is ok and I am shouting racist, while on the other hand you say it should be the best man for the job and we shouldn't be discussing race.

For what it's worth, I wasn't accusing anyone of being racist, however I feel race should be irrelevant. We shouldn't be mentioning the fact that he is white, we shouldn't be mentioning race at all when discussing the pro's for potential managers. For some people, Holt included (I presume), if a fan says we should go for a manager because he is white, that person is likely to be labelled a racist.

Edit: Dellinsert, do you want a Gaviscon :P

Archived