BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Who Should The New Manager Be?

neekoy

New Manager  

506 members have voted

1. 1. From the following who would you prefer?

• Sam Allardyce
    • Graeme Souness
    • Alan Curbishley
    • Roy Keane
    • Owen Coyle
    • David Jones
    • Roberto Mancini
    • Avram Grant

• Replies 917
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Eh I did not see any were or anyone say a manager had to be white, but I did see a lot of media references to why it would be good to have a black premiership manager, and I will just check outside which planet I'm on and I suggest you do the same!

He might not have said a manager has to be white, but he wrote it as a pro for Allardyce, along with a couple of other things.

How can skin colour be a positive or negative attribute when looking for a football manager?

As for BuckyRover, I don't know what Anelka was on and so can't comment.

Maybe more to the appointment of BFS today after all.

SPN Souey has turned the job down. :unsure:

Just seen it on Sky Sports News.

It's merely a rehash of the quotes obtained by the LT.

As nicko said, I think he 's saying "I don't think I can possibly be your man because I've had no real contact with the Club" rather than "I don't want it."

Looking like Sam will be offered it, not that confident though that he will take it.

Interesting to see Souness ruling himself out. Murray? his assistant at both Rovers and Newcastle says he clearly wants it, but he hasn't been contacted.

If Allardyce turns us down and Souness isn't being considered who do we have left?

To be honest, I don't think Ince would have got the sack without the next man already lined up. I think it will be Allardyce and I think it may already be a done deal. These things do take a short time to come out. I can't imagine the club sacking Ince without having someone lined up especially as he has left Mathias and Knox in charge whom the fans don't like even more than Ince.

There's a huge, huge game coming up this weekend, williams would not have left us without a man in charge before such a big game.

In an attempt to cut through some of the tosh...

SAM - has met Rovers.

SOUEY - wants the job but has not yet been called.

GRANT - not due into the country until Friday.

But, let me stress, the Fat Sam has not sung yet. :lol:

Who's your money on Nicko?

Is Grant coming in for an interview?

Is he actually interested?

Are we actually interested in speaking to him before making a decision?

Could we risk losing Sam to Sunderland in the interim as a result?

SAM - has met Rovers.

Betfair all over the place. Sounness out to 9s now back in at 4s. Money still going on Sam. Which indicates he has been offered it but hasnt said 'yes'. Which will panic JW.

SAM - has met Rovers.

Curiously Nicko any news on the package we are offering IE funds? given that Sam is unlikely to come without demands.

perfect if true I voted for him in the summer no one listened

Well ner ner ner ner ner :P

I backed Ince when it was announced, it was a gamble, it didn't work. John Williams met him, and I trusted his judgement. I thought Ince must have discussed his up to date coaching techniques, demonstrated his tactical genius, and stated what amazing targets he would go for and will have mentioned in his interview about his fabulous man management, and exampled this by pointing JW towards his lower league achievements. I mean why else would John Williams employ him? :rolleyes:

Do I want us to take a gamble on an inexperienced manager again? No, because we can't afford to. I think there are a lot of pro Allardyce points now.

Curiously Nicko any news on the package we are offering IE funds? given that Sam is unlikely to come without demands.

Another thing that makes him the right candidate. Anyone who is happy to come in and not improve the squad in January is the wrong man at this time.

Archived