BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Who Should The New Manager Be?

neekoy

New Manager  

506 members have voted

1. 1. From the following who would you prefer?

• Sam Allardyce
    • Graeme Souness
    • Alan Curbishley
    • Roy Keane
    • Owen Coyle
    • David Jones
    • Roberto Mancini
    • Avram Grant

• Replies 917
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Go on, I'm waiting for the punchline...........................................

I'm not suggesting that Reid is the man for the job, I certainly wouldn't want him in charge but what has Allardyce done that Reid hasn't? I don't see why Allardyce is so highly thought of.

Now don't get me wrong, I'm not strongly against Allardyce, he'll have my full support if he gets the job but I just don't see him as some kind of messiah or why it has to be Allardyce.

What about:

The Stig - Strong silent type. Has no concept of football, but that won't necessarily hinder his chances of landing the job. Would be worth it for the post match interviews.

Gene Hunt - Very formidable presence, but would likely get a touch line ban every other game. And would likely be drunk. Not sure if that's a positive or a negative.

Gordon Ramsey - Very good at turning loss making ventures into successful businesses. The catering at Ewood should improve, but team talks could get a little stormy.

Rosemary Schrager - Frightens me.

Gok Wan - Ditto. But for different reasons.

I'm not suggesting that Reid is the man for the job, I certainly wouldn't want him in charge but what has Allardyce done that Reid hasn't? I don't see why Allardyce is so highly thought of.

Now don't get me wrong, I'm not strongly against Allardyce, he'll have my full support if he gets the job but I just don't see him as some kind of messiah or why it has to be Allardyce.

100% agree.

Still going to be a hell of a struggle with any manager in charge, let alone one who took a good while to get Bolton playing good football...

What about:

The Stig - Strong silent type. Has no concept of football, but that won't necessarily hinder his chances of landing the job. Would be worth it for the post match interviews.

Gene Hunt - Very formidable presence, but would likely get a touch line ban every other game. And would likely be drunk. Not sure if that's a positive or a negative.

Gordon Ramsey - Very good at turning loss making ventures into successful businesses. The catering at Ewood should improve, but team talks could get a little stormy.

Rosemary Schrager - Frightens me.

Gok Wan - Ditto. But for different reasons.

I thought you were talking about Bjornebye then at first. In fairness to all the above, they couldn't be any worse than Ince ;)

I know, I'm just still struggling to see what is so great about Sam Allardyce and why he is so much better than other managers available out there such as Reid, Graham, Hoddle, Curbishley, McLaren, Venables etc who all have a similiar or better record to him. Most of these are out of work and readily available.

I just think that Allardyce is being built up to some kind of god like status already!

What has he ever really done except do decently for Bolton in the long run at Bolton but was nearly relegated from the premiership their first couple of years in.

He did well with a club like ours, but if we had limitless spending funds available maybe some one different would be better, look how well Hughes did for us now he has a lot of cash to splash he is obviously out of his depth!

Guest Kamy100

Could also be a receipe for disaster!!

I'll get my coat.

Personally I quite like Dave Jones, but two things speak against him being appointed. Firstly Peter Ridsdales very strong "hands off" warning, wich would suggest we'd need to pay a lot of compensation money if it was at all possible. And secondly, he did sign Robbie Fowler last summer....

Owen Coyle is appealing in that while he may be untried at this level, he certainly seems like the type of manager who could get us promoted straight away if the unthinkable was to happen. And I have a feeling that it wouldn't. No idea if he's actually in the running though.

With BFS my heart says no, while my mind says yes.

Mancini... doubt he's in the running. Never impressed me all that much; he did win trophies with Inter but I'm tempted to say "who wouldn't?". A lot of money, a great squad, a lack of competition (AC Milan went for CL only, Juve were relegated). Although it was ages since Inter had won anything so he does deserve credit for breaking the curse. I have no doubt he'd give the club a boost at least in the short term as well as a lot of media attention, probably of the positive kind.

Grant; I think he got a lot of unfair stick for the fact that he wasn't The Special One. Inches away from winning the CL, and to me did very little wrong at Chelsea.

Roy Keane seems like Souness to me in a way. I think he's the type of guy who could keep us up, but I wouldn't trust him to build a squad for the future. Spent a lot of money at SAFC with not much to show for it.

Souness. Ruled himself out already, which I'm happy for. Did a good job in his first few seasons here and deserves credit for that. After that he lost the plot completely and hasn't found it yet.

Curbs did an amazing job at Charlton, and look what happened after he left. Not impressed with his time at West Ham however, so it's a matter of which Curbs we'd be getting. Quite positive towards him though.

So yeah, who do I want? I'm really not sure, but I was one of the 6 people so far who voted for Dave Jones. I've just got a good feeling about him.

When did Reid come into it?

I merely said the split on the poll is 50/50 which it is. There maybe several other options but they all have one thing in common they are not Sam.

Because someone said he was in a minority who would prefer Reid over Allardyce.

Any chance of a new manager links only thread?

As interesting as the speculation is, I'm sure there is more than just me who doesn't have the time at work to trawl through the mubblings of Gorden Ramsey for manager and did I or did i not say Peter Reid.....

I'd set it up but guess what, not got the time... perhaps one of the people posting the meaningless drivel could do it instead?

Archived